Speculate what classic Disney movie will be live-action.

Growlie

Best Boy
I'm Thinking ''Hunchback of Notre Dame" but I'm not sure, I feel like I've seen all the good ones (In my opinion.) so I'll be skeptical about the possibility of Hunchback being remade into live-action. That Is One of my favorite movies and One of Disney's darkest, I don't know if a remake will keep that. Another one I'm already skeptical about is Mulan, I may stick with the original. I Kinda feel like that with the Lion King but It's in the middle ground, it Is one I'll buy and watch so to have both versions yet with Mulan I feel differently.

I'm also skeptical about Maleficent Mistress Of Evil eventhough I still feel like I'll see it regardless.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I would welcome a Hunchback of Notre Dame live action remake. It is, as you say, one of Disney’s darker films, but that along with the fact that it’s an entirely human cast actually makes it a prime candidate for the remake treatment in my book.

Growlie

Best Boy
I would welcome a Hunchback of Notre Dame live action remake. It is, as you say, one of Disney’s darker films, but that along with the fact that it’s an entirely human cast actually makes it a prime candidate for the remake treatment in my book.
Well another thing that I've been thinking about is, the real Cathedral is half/partly burnt so, would they cgi some of it or would they build a miniature?

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
@Growlie Hmm. I would not have thought that a remake would utilize the actual Notre-Dame de Paris, even without the terrible fire from earlier this year. It's like Times Square or Westminster Cathedral... nigh impossible for controlled filming conditions. That, and the exterior setting would be about 200 years out of date. Interior scenes might be filmed at a similar cathedral. They could do a lot more with careful set-dressings and well-crafted CGI (as tacky as that might sound).

Of course, knowing that Victor Hugo originally wrote "Hunckback" primarily as a paean to the beautiful architecture of a then-deteriorating Notre-Dame (the hunchback story, so I've read, is merely a conduit for this), I myself might feel filming "Notre-Dame" outside Notre-Dame to be sacrilege.

EDIT: Check that 200 years comment. Hugo lived in the 19th century, of course, but I'm forgetting that the story is set at the tail-end of the 15th century (1482, evidently). And a bit on the architecture: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunchback_of_Notre-Dame#Major_themes ;)

Last edited:

greatthing

Bomb-Selling Pirate
There can be only one...

Toy_Story_(NES)-title.png

I edited the Toy Story NES Bootleg Title Screen just because.

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
I'm pretty sure any classic Disney movie is subject to the live-action remake treatment, honestly. I, like many, don't care for these remakes in general, but I've accepted that just about any Disney flick I watched as a kid is something I'm going to hear about again in the news in only a matter of time.

Back