SOoW Super Powered Extras

Knucklehead McSpazatron

Floating Shopping List
Anyone else pick up the Blu-ray release? I thought it'd be kinda fun to discuss the special features.

So far my favorite has to be Plankton Rules The World! under Underwater Awesomeness. What a cute way to help the younger generation learn about conservation! I can't even lie, it made me tear up a little bit... is it because Plankton is my favorite character? WHO KNOWS... (save the plankton! SAVE PLANKTON!)

I'm also falling in love with Thank Gosh It's Monday. THAT ANIMATION... oh my goodness! It's stellar! Not to mention downright adorable. I'm feeling inspired now... The deleted/extended/alternate/test scenes are a treat, too. I'm (really) kind of glad they scrapped the extended version of Teamwork, though... :wetpaint:

Supmandude

Squog
The marine biology special features were nice. The first film had The Case of the Sponge Bob or whatever it was called so, I'm glad they did that again on this one. :)

My favorite special features are the deleted scenes and behind the scenes. It's cool seeing what didn't make it into the movie and interview with the cast and crew.

Something confused me about the voice actors feature, though. Why were they dubbing over completed animation? That's obviously not how it's normally done in the show or in animation in general. Was the original audio not high enough quality or something? I don't get it.

Knucklehead McSpazatron

Floating Shopping List
Just got around to watching When I Grow Up, I Want to Make Funny Sounds.

I am in LOVE! Wow, what a treat that was. I feel all happy inside now... :pattongue: (Not to mention inspired... again. I really want to look into voice acting now!)

Special features really make you appreciate the time and effort put forth by the cast and crew to a much bigger extent. It's great!

Professor Patrick

"Why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled wi
I always love watching the crew talk about the movie and stuff. <3 I haven't even watched them all yet! But the weirdest one i watched was It's Hip To Be SquarePants... :sbo_o:

Supmandude

Squog
Supmandude said:
Something confused me about the voice actors feature, though. Why were they dubbing over completed animation? That's obviously not how it's normally done in the show or in animation in general. Was the original audio not high enough quality or something? I don't get it.
Someone interviewed Tom Kenny on ToonZone and had the same question as me. Here's the answer:

TOM KENNY: Yeah, it was. We do both recording and ADR with the movie and the TV series, but obviously the biggest difference is the gestation period in the basic cable ghetto. Even something as popular as SpongeBob doesn’t get a free pass to ignore your deadlines, so you always have got to be feeding the monster. It’s kind of a runaway train all the time. At least in the recording process with the movie, we were able to take a little more time and revisit scenes and tweak scenes in way more microscopic detail than you have the luxury for in basic cable animation. But whether in TV or the feature, you record your voice tracks based on the storyboard, and then they animate those to your voice recordings. There’s always stuff that comes back where the lip flap is a little off, or they decide to change the line a little bit or something like that. So I think they were doing the EPK when we were doing ADR.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
One of the Deleted Scenes has been uploaded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8DHLAxwEvg

Back