Something weird I thought of...

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
What if SpongeBob's more mature than we think, but acts more child-like around Patrick so Pat can understand him more? Here's some evidence:

"Are you gonna listen to me, or some big dummy?" "Uh..." from Hooky. SpongeBob refuses to admit that he knows how dumb Patrick is.

In The Secret Box, when Patrick's around, SpongeBob just tries to grab the box and run. When Patrick's asleep, SpongeBob creates a (somewhat) elaborate plan to break in and look at the box.

I'm With Stupid, The Pink Purloiner, and a few more episodes show this. I could go on, but I won't, because it's 9:00 PM and I have homework to do. What are your thoughts?
NOTE: SpongeBob still is immature, I know that, but...

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Who knows. Maybe he's just that of a nice guy. Maybe you're on to something there, Brick. He doesn't seem to act childish in front of Krabs or Sandy ...

jeffrey

Floating Shopping List
He probably enjoys acting immature around Patrick, or else they wouldn't be best friends. I think that he doesn't really try to act more immature, he just does. I mean, we all have people who we act more immature around than others, right? SpongeBob just takes it to another level entirely, lol.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Well, when Patrick became smart in "Patrick SmartPants", he didn't want to do anything fun. So, if SpongeBob did the same, Patrick wouldn't have fun with SpongeBob.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
SpongeBob is childlike, but I never thought of him as stupid or even immature. There is a difference, believe it or not. @_@

Anyway, I think SpongeBob is aware of Patrick's idiocy, but I don't think he's necessarily faking anything. He just doesn't point out that he knows how stupid Patrick is to spare his feelings. You know, because SpongeBob is nice.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
SpongeRoadie UK said:
Who knows. Maybe he's just that of a nice guy. Maybe you're on to something there, Brick. He doesn't seem to act childish in front of Krabs or Sandy ...

Amphitrite said:
Well, when Patrick became smart in "Patrick SmartPants", he didn't want to do anything fun. So, if SpongeBob did the same, Patrick wouldn't have fun with SpongeBob.
In a way this is my point. He's not AS childish in front of Krabs or Sandy, and SpongeBob is smarter than we think, but acts dumber around Patrick so they can be friends.

Back