SOLAR ECLIPSE 2017

ooooooofy

hello! :)
yo as a weather nerd I am so HYPE for the upcoming eclipse!!!! It will happen on Monday all across the United States!

Below is a nifty website where you type in your location and you will be able to see how much of the eclipse you will see, when you can see it, and for how long!
https://interactives.courier-journal.com/projects/eclipse-2017/

I will be able to see 76.8% of the eclipse starting at 1:20 PM for two hours and 41 minutes! :sbthumbs: and the peak will be at 2:43 PM! I am so HYPE :SQUILLIAM2: :SQUILLIAM2: :squilliam2:

plz share your opinions and your info about the eclipse here tbh who cares about special glasses not me who cares about going blind I gotta see this eclipse with no filter between us!!!! nothing will stop me!!!!!!!

Frozo

Floating Shopping List
but if you go blind then you won't be able to see any future eclipses le gasp!

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I'm living in Wyoming now, so I'll be able to see totality if I drive just a little bit north.

Please do protect your eyes, though. You can do permanent damage to your eyes if you don't take the proper precautions. ;)

Rocky Lobster

Floating Shopping List
Nice! I may be heading to the Solarfest in Oregon to experience the full thing! Obviously I will protect my eyes, but I have always found Solar Eclipses to be truly beautiful.

Delta Stream

тhє fιєѕту qυιℓανα
I'm not sure if I am going to see the eclipse since it causes a risk of me being blind haha, but it's very exciting indeed.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Expect to see the moon cover 79.5% of the sun. The moon will be in the sun's path starting at 1:02pm and continue for 2 hours 44 minutes. The best time to see the peak of the eclipse will be 2:27pm.

This is what could possibly happen in my region during August 21st (Monday). Speaking of this, I just remembered when a lunar eclipse happened back in 2014 or 2015? I don't remember which year, but I know I was in 9th grade.

BobCarotte

meep
Montréal, Quebec, Canada:
"Expect to see the moon cover 58.3% of the sun. The moon will be in the sun's path starting at 1:21pm and continue for 2 hours 28 minutes. The best time to see the peak of the eclipse will be 2:38pm"

Ok...

ooooooofy

hello! :)
but if you go blind then you won't be able to see any future eclipses le gasp!
spongedude said:
I'm living in Wyoming now, so I'll be able to see totality if I drive just a little bit north.

Please do protect your eyes, though. You can do permanent damage to your eyes if you don't take the proper precautions. ;)
thanks my pals always looking out for me my mom and I had a chat about it as well and I have a super secret plan of staying safe! aka I know I'll be taking pictures the whole time so I can just look at the whole thing through my phone screen hahahahaha

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
Expect to see the moon cover 92.3% of the sun. The moon will be in the sun's path starting at 12:58pm and continue for 2hours 51minutes. The best time to see the peak of the eclipse will be 2:25pm.

So I'm in a good spot I guess? nice

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
I, for one won't be watching the eclipse. 'Cause mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun, even if that's where the fun is.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Meanwhile, in Burlington, Washington:
"Expect to see the moon cover 88.7% of the sun. The moon will be in the sun's path starting at 9:09am and continue for 2hours 29minutes. The best time to see the peak of the eclipse will be 10:21am."

Looks like I got a better spot to view the eclipse, I guess.

"Expect to see the moon cover 96.9% of the sun. The moon will be in the sun's path starting at 12:02pm and continue for 2hours 56minutes. The best time to see the peak of the eclipse will be 1:33pm."

Can't wait!

I hope it's just looking directly at the sun intentionally that blinds you because I don't have those glasses and like I have to walk across campus. . . .

Seymour Skinner

May the fry cook games open! ...never mind, i'm on
ooooooofy said:
I will be able to see 76.8% of the eclipse starting at 1:20 PM for two hours and 41 minutes! :sbthumbs: and the peak will be at 2:43 PM! I am so HYPE :squilliam2: :squilliam2: :squilliam2:
i'm gonna see 77.6 of the eclipse starting at 12:59 pm and the peak will be at...2:43
and it's gonna go for 2 hours and 43 minutes

Frozo

Floating Shopping List
thanks my pals always looking out for me my mom and I had a chat about it as well and I have a super secret plan of staying safe! aka I know I'll be taking pictures the whole time so I can just look at the whole thing through my phone screen hahahahaha

i still recommend getting solar glasses cause viewing it directly through your phone won't cover your whole field of vision

Jebarul

hayley williams my beloved
Meanwhile, in Dudley, MA...
"Expect to see the moon cover 65.1% of the sun. The moon will be in the sun's path starting at 1:26pm and continue for 2hours 32minutes. The best time to see the peak of the eclipse will be 2:46pm."

Back