Should SpongeBob use different music is regular episodes? (Actual soundtracks)

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
What I mean by this is, should SB use soundtracks in movies? Like randomly, SB is working out and then...RISING UP, BACK ON THE STREETS...TOOK MY CHANCES.. :p The example was stupid, but should they add that to the episodes? Personally, no. They might put too many songs, and in only 11 minutes it would get annoying and pointless. Though, it would be a cool one-shot experiment for the show. The show doesn't need a song every single line, it doesn't work that way. The instrumental music the show already has is good enough, they are catchy, simple, and fun.

What are your thoughts??

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Not too big on licensed music in the show, if we're being honest. Unless it's random 1920's background music, or something obscure and...Well, timeless, like "Sweet Victory" or the like, then actual soundtrack music puts a time and place on the show, modernizes it, for lack of a better word. And I think that detracts from SpongeBob and the show's entire nature.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Jibbix said:
Not too big on licensed music in the show, if we're being honest. Unless it's random 1920's background music, or something obscure and...Well, timeless, like "Sweet Victory" or the like, then actual soundtrack music puts a time and place on the show, modernizes it, for lack of a better word. And I think that detracts from SpongeBob and the show's entire nature.
Oh my god you're posting again <3

That's kinda Regular Show's thing. I like it on that show, they do a good job picking music and it fits well where they use it but what's special about SpongeBob is that they make original music when they use any. I like when they write an original song for an episode, like Hello Bikini Bottom for example, because the songwriters on the show like Tom Kenny are really talented. For your example, they'd probably use an APM track. That is a good question though.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
You mean like making the series a musical? Like Phineas & Ferb? I would prefer not. I do like it I. P&F, but I don't think it'd fit in every episode of SB.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
OMG YOU'RE BACK
Totally agreed with this post, by the way. Pop music that isn't created by Bikini Bottom itself just doesn't fit in SpongeBob. I'd much rather have some well-known musicians help create original songs for the show, which the show has already done, so...yeah, no need to change anything.

Squidina said:
You mean like making the series a musical? Like Phineas & Ferb? I would prefer not. I do like it I. P&F, but I don't think it'd fit in every episode of SB.
I think the question was asking if SpongeBob should use more already-existing pop songs in its episodes. (Combine those with a musical and you get Moulin Rouge, lol). Honestly, SpongeBob doesn't do musicals that well except for maybe Hello Bikini Bottom!, but I'd really have to give that one a rewatch.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
OMG YOU'RE BACK
Totally agreed with this post, by the way. Pop music that isn't created by Bikini Bottom itself just doesn't fit in SpongeBob. I'd much rather have some well-known musicians help create original songs for the show, which the show has already done, so...yeah, no need to change anything.

I think the question was asking if SpongeBob should use more already-existing pop songs in its episodes. (Combine those with a musical and you get Moulin Rouge, lol). Honestly, SpongeBob doesn't do musicals that well except for maybe Hello Bikini Bottom!, but I'd really have to give that one a rewatch.

Ohhh, I see, thank you. Yeah, I don't think they should do so in every episode... once in a while when it fits the plot like Sweet Victory did would be ok, but not overdoing it. I don't think that really fits the show.

Back