Should Season 9b be considered as Season 10?

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
With Sponge Out of Water separating SpongeBob's ninth season into half by airing and production, I have to wonder if they really resemble two different seasons.

These two halves have completely different sets of writers/storyboard artists and are different in feel. There have been so many changes... so in my mind, could they sometimes be split like this? Yes, I know Season 10 is Season 10, and these were all part of the Season 9 order, but I have to say this... (unofficial, just a thought).

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
Nope, those are still Season 9 (but sometimes, called "Season 9b")

Hazmart said:
Season 10 will have new writers and storyboard artists too, so no.
So, new writers like Jack Pendarvis will be replaced?

Squiddit

existence is pain
I don't feel comfortable calling it Season 9b, though. I mean, it's still the same season...
I wish they'd waited for Season 10 before making a big change like this. It's like Stephen Hillenburg leaving halfway into Season 3. Why are we putting the newer episodes into another subcategory, as if it's not an equal part of season 9? Come on.

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
I don't feel comfortable calling it Season 9b, though. I mean, it's still the same season...
I wish they'd waited for Season 10 before making a big change like this. It's like Stephen Hillenburg leaving halfway into Season 3. Why are we putting the newer episodes into another subcategory, as if it's not an equal part of season 9? Come on.

This. THIS, MAN! I'm not against people calling the season 9a or 9b, but when they act like it's an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT season, it infuriates me! In my opinion, season 9b is no different from season 9a, aside from slightly different animation. And the good episodes of 9b are like the good episodes of 9a. People act like 9b is SO special that it's like the first three seasons just because Steve is back and old/new writers arrived. It's not! But I don't care. I actually don't want SpongeBob to be like seasons 1-3. I want this new age to be good in its own way. And these people overpraising season 9b annoy me. They need to get with the times and accept the show how it is. Season 9b IS NOT THAT AMAZING! (No, I think it's as good as 9a, but some people overpraise it).

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
This. THIS, MAN! I'm not against people calling the season 9a or 9b, but when they act like it's an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT season, it infuriates me! In my opinion, season 9b is no different from season 9a, aside from slightly different animation. And the good episodes of 9b are like the good episodes of 9a. People act like 9b is SO special that it's like the first three seasons just because Steve is back and old/new writers arrived. It's not! But I don't care. I actually don't want SpongeBob to be like seasons 1-3. I want this new age to be good in its own way. And these people overpraising season 9b annoy me. They need to get with the times and accept the show how it is. Season 9b IS NOT THAT AMAZING! (No, I think it's as good as 9a, but some people overpraise it).
People can actually think what they want. Just deal with it.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Well, WhoBob pretty much hit the nail on the head on the reasons why it should not be considered part of season 10, but I will say this. Season 9.1 and Season 9.2 are around the same in terms of most stuff, except for maybe animation. There really isn't a point in having season 9.2 to be part of season 10 anyway.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
SpongyMaterial said:
aside from slightly different animation.
I think 9b is a lot funnier as well as having more interesting characters, and plots. Also SpongeBob's voice isn't as annoying.

I personally think season 9.2 is better. Not because of Hillenburg's return. Because I think the writing has gotten better imo and characters have become more likeable. I don't think it's so godly or anything but I really enjoy it more than season 9.1, which was still good but most of eps were kind of "B" type episodes to me honestly.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Fred Mercury said:
Nope, those are still Season 9 (but sometimes, called "Season 9b")

So, new writers like Jack Pendarvis will be replaced?
Jack Pendarvis is not working an season 10 at all

Piston Patrick

Slam Lord
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, So
I agree 100%. SUPPORT THE TRUE SEASON 9. ONLY ONE SEAOSN 9
Why aren't we funding this......

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Not really, if it considered to be part of season 10, Season 9 would be just 11 half hour episodes and if it include season 9A and season 10 as a whole, it would be 28 half hour episodes instead of 26 episodes.

Back