Should every SpongeBob episode have a Wikipedia article?

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Some shows of prestigious ranks (and even those well-known and groundbreaking enough) have almost all of their episodes as Wikipedia pages, from massive hits such as Game of Thrones, to even Family Guy and Bob's Burgers and many more. Since SpongeBob is also such a successful show (sorry if I'm exaggerating, but it's huge nevertheless), can it really have Wikipedia articles for all episodes (right now, there aren't that much).
Yes, there are wikis that have all the SpongeBob info (SpongePedia, and our "rival" ESB, and maybe something or two here), but Wikipedia would give more status and some credibility as well. That's really the point I'm trying to make... I know this is not official, but this is just somewhat of a little discussion here.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Only if there's enough to talk about. I mean, you're not going to find much credibility or information about an episode like Toy Store of Doom, generally because there would only be a series of stats, a synopsis and a section on reception (which would go something like "this episode has received generally mixed to negative reviews from much of the SpongeBob fandom", and not be that useful in regards to the episode's content) at best.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I used to think the same thing a while back. I'll say no for this one, because in spite of the show's popularity, the articles probably wouldn't have information sourced from professional critics' reviews, anyway.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
No because this is not the Simpsons. Or Star Trek.

Only important episodes should have their own pages. Why should something like Gone have it's own page. We already have something for this it's called
1cRSvIT.png

Supmandude

Squog
SpookyPaz said:
No because this is not the Simpsons. Or Star Trek.

Only important episodes should have their own pages. Why should something like Gone have it's own page. We already have something for this it's called
1cRSvIT.png
Gone should have its own page, because it's notable as being one of the best pieces of animation history.

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
Nah, I still think ESB would do that job enough (as incorrect as some of the info may be, still) and listing nearly every episode would be confusing.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
There already is ESB. If it was on Wikipedia, then I don't think it would make a difference if they did it or not.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
BatteryMill said:
Yes, there are wikis that have all the SpongeBob info (SpongePedia, and our "rival" ESB, and maybe something or two here), but Wikipedia would give more status and some credibility as well. That's really the point I'm trying to make... I know this is not official, but this is just somewhat of a little discussion here.
Also Spongepedia has been barely updated in years. The german one is more accurate (the one linked to spongeforum.de)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I don't think it's necessary. Seperate Wikipedia articles for particularly noteworthy or controversial episodes are understandable because people might need more detail, but for the vast majority of episodes a short description within an article about the season in general is fine.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Even if it was possible, i think the amount of work required and how many people would read it is a factor to consider. I think this site itself does a good job with giving people a good idea about what the episodes are about and what the perception of them is.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Scary Carrot said:
If every Simpsons episode has one, why not SpongeBob?
There's much more production information and professional reviews for the Simpsons than SpongeBob.

Back