Should all school buses use seatbelts?

donk

• Total voters

hfjs

This is a topic that's been thrown around a lot in the past few years. For me, probably yes. There's been a bunch of accident reports and a bunch of kids doing stupid stuff...so, sure. Yeah, it's restrictive, and younger kids may not know how, so I can see some people. But, what do you think?

Discuss.

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
The only ones I feel are probably 5th grade and younger since they're just that young, I dunno.

PinkPearl

insert title here
Does that mean kids would actually use them though? I don't know if it would help, and there's probably going to be roughhousing anyway. So I'm kind of split on the issue.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
The ones I used to ride didn't have any. Then again, I only rode them on school trips.

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
In my town about a year ago, there was a bus crash. Two busses famed into each other head on, because one bus swerved into another bus. People died.

PUT SEATBELTS DAMMIT

Yes they should, if they can make seatbelts that actually do their job, unlike the ones they have on most school buses (those lap belts). It's not like there's much social interaction on the bus, anyway, at least on mine, so I don't think it would be much of an issue, but people react differently to certain things, and I don't know how much of an effect it would truly have.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Yes. I think, in a perfect world, school buses should be outfitted with seat belts for every child. If safety is truly our number one priority, we will make it happen.

Sadly, I don't see a mass refitting of school buses in the near future. Someone with a cost/benefit ratio is going to argue it's not worth the trouble.

Jerry

404 - Jerry not Found
Yes, yes,yes, YES. There should be seatbelts on ALL School Buses! No matter what type of weight the bus NEED SEATBELTS! School Buses aren't invulnerable to disasters and there've been a few accidents that could've been prevented if there was seatbelts.

Back