Series finale.

VG_Addict

Imitation Krab
As hard as it might be to imagine, Spongebob is going to end one day. What do you think the series finale will be like? What would the episode be about? How high would the ratings be?

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Probably a big extravaganza that really brings closure to the show. I mean, I would really love it if it set up the events of the first movie, (like showing the development of the Krusty Krab 2) since that technically is supposed to be the end of SpongeBob.

Growlie

Best Boy
Maybe a finale where everyone gets what they want, like for Squidward it'll be respect from Squilliam
even If Squidward doesn't completely master the clarinet. He would've gained enough respect from Squilliam
that we know Squidward gets better.
I've always thought the finale would be about SpongeBob finally getting his licence.
As well as Squidward getting some happiness.

It's not going to get cancelled until it fades into obscurity, so at that point I don't think the writers will know that they're writing the last episode. They'll just be told "that's a wrap guys, we're not ordering any more seasons"

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Original Raw and Uncut said:
Do you guys think we're closer to the 1997 pilot, or we're closer to the finale
I'd say the finale, though not the end to this franchise. Probably would be rebooted a few years after the original continuity is wrapped up.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I hope they do a good special for it, or if Nickelodeon rules forbid a finale (even since the show's so famous) they at least make an emotional episode serve as the finale.

I'm not sure anyway when the finale will be - perhaps in a few seasons from now, I'm not sure if they have renewed the show for a 13th season just yet.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Now that Steve has transitioned into a new plane of existence. Rest in peace. I'm worried about the future of the show. I think they should end it, it would be too disrespectful towards Hilenburg to keep the show going like it's nothing. For those of you who think this'll interrupt next years batch of episodes. You gotta keep in mind, I think they already made about 25 to 30 episodes before Steve passed away.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Now that Steve has transitioned into a new plane of existence. Rest in peace. I'm worried about the future of the show. I think they should end it, it would be too disrespectful towards Hilenburg to keep the show going like it's nothing. For those of you who think this'll interrupt next years batch of episodes. You gotta keep in mind, I think they already made about 25 to 30 episodes before Steve passed away.

According to a tweet from Vincent Waller, Stephen wants the show to continue even without him. So in this case, it's the other way around. I'm honestly fine with this tradition to keep the show and Hillenburg's legacy going and I think it's best to see what the show future will be like instead of ending it abruptly out of mourning.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Amphitrite said:
According to a tweet from Vincent Waller, Stephen wants the show to continue even without him. So in this case, it's the other way around. I'm honestly fine with this tradition to keep the show and Hillenburg's legacy going and I think it's best to see what the show future will be like instead of ending it abruptly out of mourning.
Is Paul Tibbit gonna step back in, or is Vincent gonna take over

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
It's weird seeing Marc's name as a show runner because I'm so used to seeing Vincent or Stephen or Paul. But it's great to see someone else at the same time. :)

Back