ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
yDMuwGw.png

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Screenshot 2021-01-05 173226.png
Note: In my opinion only the second half of Season 9 (Tutor Sauce- end) belongs in the "S" category, the first half is something probably like a "C" or "D". There should be a first half of S9 and a second half of S9 option since IMO these two halves are so far apart in quality.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
@MattTheSpongeFanatic Why do you dislike the first SpongeBob movie?
Like Seasons 6 and 8, I don't dislike the movie in any way. In my opinion, it's just OK. There are many reasons for that rating, but my top 5 reasons why I think the movie is just OK:

1. A bland and uninteresting "Plankton steals the formula" plot and now for some reason he wants to rule the entire sea.
2. Many filler and unneeded scenes, and the Goofy Goober scene is pretty much pointless and takes too long.
3. Plankton, although the villain, in my opinion is an unlikeable jerk in this movie. While he is likeable as a villain in many other episodes, he literally tried to kill SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs here. And in other episodes, he just wants to take over the Krusty Krab, but here he wants to turn Bikini Bottom into a dictatorship where Plankton controls everything.
4. Dennis and the Cyclops don't have much personality, they are there just as obstacles in SpongeBob and Patrick's journey.
5. The ending is somewhat forced, as it could've been done better and SpongeBob's Goofy Goober Rock song comes out of nowhere.

Apart from that, there are still memorable and funny moments in the movie like the "Hello, I like money" scene and Patrick cheering SpongeBob with a flag attached to his bottom. The Goofy Goober Rock song, although not a very good ending, is still a decent song. David Hasselhoff's appearance also is a positive in this movie.

There are positives and negatives, so it's just meh in my opinion, not that bad.

Back