Season LAME.

coolman

cold!
Sandy has always been smart (Sandy's Rocket) it's just we're seeing a lot more of her this season. As for Patrick, he's always had different levels of dumbness and sometimes says intelligent things without meaning to. As a series progresses things change and characters become more developed (such as Sandy). It doesn't make the show any worse than it was before. I admit the humor of SpongeBob has changed a little but that started before Season 4.

exactly.
and season 4 has the season3-style of jokes, charakter-drawing, stories and more...

also more jokes and less of "story" makes the show better.

i really have desire to make a "anti 'season4-is-bad'"-petition
I agree

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
Squidtastic Voyage sounds so unoriginal and bland that I think I'm just going to give up on the show.

It is unoriginal. Heard of the Fairly Oddparents episode when Timmy's fairy godparents get swallowed up in Vicky's body and Timmy uses a machine to go inside Vicky? Yeah, HIGHLY unoriginal.

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
OMG! KILL THE DIRECTOR! KILL THE DIRECTOR! KILL THE DIRECTOR! GET PETITIONS! KILL THE DIRECTOR SOME MORE!

This is exactly why me and TTS won't start our series until we know for sure if SpongeBob is continueing. It might get canceled because over 1 million viewers already left SpongeBob due to season 4.

patrick2403

Friends
WHERE HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN??? It's a mind game just because Steve has left now. This started WAY before season 4. I Had an Accident, The Camping Episode, New Student Starfish, Missing Identity, SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (all Season 3 episode) have VERY similar humor to Season 4. It didn't just start now.

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
Well I didn't see last night's episodes, hopefully they weren't that bad, and while I don't think season 4 as a whole is that bad, I definitely see the difference when watching an episode from say season 2. The thing is it all came very naturally, there wasn't any obvious or intentional stuff, it was just hilarious. Now it's hard to be funny all the time, and when you're used to something that's so great you can't help but feel let down if it comes in below its own standards. Hopefully the show starts going back uphill. :)

SBSP

Imitation Krab
I can say the show still has some wackiness to it. There's been the over-dramatized death of a spatula, Karate Island really being a timeshare sale setup, SpongeBob being able to drive only while blindfolded, everyone freaking out that Gary will turn them into zombies, etc. But like Spongey34 said, it just isn't as "natural" and so it isn't that funny. There's also not enough SpongeBob/Patrick goofiness and them interacting with (or should I say, annoying) Squidward. Patrick seems to be written just to deliver jokes now instead of act them. One thing I don't like about Plankton is that he's seemed to have lost his intellegent side I loved about him ("I went to college!", "Felicitations, malefactors! I am endeavoring to misappropriate the formulary for the preparation of affordable comestibles. Who will join me!?").

WHERE HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN??? It's a mind game just because Steve has left now. This started WAY before season 4. I Had an Accident, The Camping Episode, New Student Starfish, Missing Identity, SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (all Season 3 episode) have VERY similar humor to Season 4. It didn't just start now.
I see what you're saying and I agree that the show started a pretty small decline at the end of season 3. However, most of those examples I feel aren't right as I feel they still seem like the show. For examples, I would use Born Again Krabs, Krusty Love, The Great Snail Race and Plankton's Army. As for Steve leaving, I've decided not to blame the decline on anyone, really. People are always unsatisfied with the new. Season 2 was an even more drastic change to the show than season 1, and while most of us say it's a change for the better I'm sure there were people who didn't like the new style. The change was likely because of new staff, but you also have to remember they took a two-year break (all of season 3 was finished in 2002; season 4 began production in August or September 2004) so being away from it for a while can really be different coming back to. Then again, I think the movie was just as wacky as the rest of the show, so shouldn't two years of working on that still keep the zaniness in the show? I really don't know.

As for the Squidtastic Voyage plot, it's been done on Fairly OddParents, Jimmy Neutron, Magic School Bus, The Simpsons, Rugrats, and of course the original source, the movie The Fantastic Voyage itself. And as for your petition, forcing the crew to return to the "classic style" seems pretty immature and meaningless because it'll do nothing, so just give up on it. There's been nudity since episode one so what makes you hate it now?

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
There's been nudity since episode one so what makes you hate it now?

Nudity? More like a picture of a kitchen sponge and a dead starfish.

And maybe I could get rid of the petition temporarily. If this stupid director *cough* DEREK DRYMON *cough* continues to make these stupid episodes, I'll open the petition again.

imty

Krabby Patty Burglar
I've gotten to the point where i dont even like sb anymore..the old eppy's i've seen over and over and over...the new eppys, i tried to watch but i just cant stand them anymore! I do agree that they dont even compare to the old sb's..but dont be so harsh, TTS. lol.

goofy-goober

Rock & Roll Wizard

actually, if you recall, all this started after the movie and the "spongebob is gay" crap.

And, my all-time favorite episode is in season 4. Need I remind you of "Good Neighbors"?

Ocean Man

search:party:animal

actually, if you recall, all this started after the movie and the "spongebob is gay" crap.

And, my all-time favorite episode is in season 4. Need I remind you of "Good Neighbors"?
I hated Good Neighbors!

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
I've gotten to the point where i dont even like sb anymore..the old eppy's i've seen over and over and over...the new eppys, i tried to watch but i just cant stand them anymore! I do agree that they dont even compare to the old sb's..but dont be so harsh, TTS. lol.

And maybe I could get rid of the petition temporarily. If this stupid director *cough* DEREK DRYMON *cough* continues to make these stupid episodes, I'll open the petition again.

imty, read that :tongue:

Need I remind you of "Good Neighbors"?

That's one of the 10% of Season 4 that is good

goofy-goober

Rock & Roll Wizard
I don't know about you, but I liked SquidBob TentaclePants and Patrick Smartpants and also, I thought MM&BB6 was a laugh-fest!

goofy-goober

Rock & Roll Wizard
it does get annoying reading those posts...

anyways, back on topic.

It's painful to hear you guys say all this BUTTLOAD of CRAP!!! I remember this site a year ago was "Yeah, SB 4 ever! No episode is bad!" now it's all "This humor isn't spongey enough... It's not like the characters to do this... New director sucks..." I remember the good times, and I'm sure imty does too. Back when the mods didn't get ya for every little bit of spam, and the place was simple, and a place to go to to get away from the problematic outside world, but now it's one debate after another about whether the show is good enough for us, or has it gotten worse? You guys need to search old topics and LOOK at how it was back then, when everyone was happy and NOT PARANOID!!

dubbi

Radical Wumbologist
Okay I'm going to make a list of all the great episodes and bad episodes of season 4.

Bad episodes

1. Shell of a man

2. Good neighbors

3. Enemy in law

4. Ghost host

5. Squidbob tentlclepants

6. Karate island

7. All that glitters

Great episodes

1. Have you seen this snail

2. Krust towers

3. Once bitten

4. The lost matress

5. Whale of a birthday

6. Wishing you well

7. Chimps ahoy

8. Dunces and dragons

So there was some bad episodes in season 4. But also there was just as many great episodes that were better than most episodes before season 4 and the rest were just as good as the average episodes before season 4.

it does get annoying reading those posts...

anyways, back on topic.

It's painful to hear you guys say all this BUTTLOAD of CRAP!!! I remember this site a year ago was "Yeah, SB 4 ever! No episode is bad!" now it's all "This humor isn't spongey enough... It's not like the characters to do this... New director sucks..." I remember the good times, and I'm sure imty does too. Back when the mods didn't get ya for every little bit of spam, and the place was simple, and a place to go to to get away from the problematic outside world, but now it's one debate after another about whether the show is good enough for us, or has it gotten worse? You guys need to search old topics and LOOK at how it was back then, when everyone was happy and NOT PARANOID!!

Exatly that was what I was trying to say in my first post in this thread. :hehe:

goofy-goober

Rock & Roll Wizard
dubbi... dubbi, dubbi, dubbi...

you got it all wrong.

Bad episodes:
1: Shell of a Man
2: Funny Pants
3: Chimps Ahoy
4: Wishing you Well

Great episodes:
1: Fear of a Krabby Patty
2: Lost Mattress
3: Krabs vs Plankton
4: Skill Crane
5: Good Neighbors
6: Selling Out
7: MM&BB6
8: Enemy In Law
9: Patrick Smartpants
10: Squidbob Tentaclepants
11: Have you Seen This Snail?
12: Dunces and Dragons
13: Krusty Towers
14: Mrs. Puff, You're Fired
15: Whale of a Birthday
16: Karate Island

as you can see, there are many more good episodes in season 4 than bad episodes.

Back