Season 9B vs Season 10

Which is better?

• Total voters

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Aquamarine said:
And those people can be really sensitive of season 10 cuz it is just SpongeBob, it supposed to be a cartoon right? That is y the people who make these episodes make it for people to enjoy watching
I may not like Season 10, but it isn't something I get worked up about. I don't even think it is bad, more just mediocre. I am glad a lot of people enjoy it, and I wish I did too. =/

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Aquamarine said:
Some guy earlier said that Mr. Waller will get mad or something if he sees this topic, I have a feeling he might get mad
Well, seeing criticism like this is simply the risk he takes by signing up here. He should expect stuff like this here. It's not like I was directly sending this to him.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Aquamarine said:
If Mr Waller is reading this topic, I hope he takes the show more seriously or something so people will stop the complaint
Honestly, if I could give advice to him on how to improve the show, it would be this:

1: Bring back the style of humor Season 9B had. That had a great balance of humor between both dialogue humor and slapstick. Season 10's slapstick was simply way too much and way too repetitive, at the expense of the funny dialogue humor.

2: Make the stories more creative and original, like they were in 9B. Make episodes focusing on secondary characters. Explore stuff we haven't seen before. Don't do what 10 did and make a bunch of episodes about Spongebob and Patrick annoying Squidward, and don't recycle so many plots. Have fun with your storytelling! Don't just do what we have seen a million times before, give it a twist. Be creative.

3: Give the stories more substance. Another huge problem in Season 10 was that the stories were often really flimsy. Many conflicts were solved extremely easily. The stories felt like just excuses to do repetitive slapstick. I am not asking for some complex storytelling here. I am just asking for something that has a clear conflict and a beginning, middle, and end. Again, Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 9B did this very well.

Yes, I know that this is mostly just "To make the show better, just do the same thing you did in 9B" However, I really feel that this is the best way. The show was on such a great track in 9B, and Season 10 really ruined it for me. You know what they say: Don't fix what's not broken.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Aquamarine said:
You know what they say: Don't fix what's not broken.

Well season 11 is starting to go back on track so it's not too late

[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, because my parents cut our cable, I haven't seen Season 11 yet. I sure hope it is getting back on track, though I'll wait until I actually have seen the episodes to judge them.
Also, I am curious, why do you prefer Season 10?

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Season 10 is EXTREMELY underrated on here. I still think Season 9B is better, but it's only a slight differance. I basicially think of them as the same quality for the most part.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
More_Starco said:
What are you drinking? Squid Defense is awesome. :P
I don't know, I just did not find it that funny, and I thought the plot was pretty lame. They could of had a lot of fun with the training and gone over the top with it, but it didn't. They also could of had fun with Sandy and Squidward interacting, but they didn't. The ending was also pretty lame. I can you why would like it, but not why it would be Prez's favorite of the season.
Also, I made a topic about how the writers can make Spongebob great again like it was in 9B. Check it out here: https://www.sbmania.net/forums/topic/59093-how-the-writers-can-make-spongebob-great-again/

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I don't know which to vote.
I can't watch the show anywhere, besides *ahem*YouTube*ahem*.

I like Squid Defense too. And Extreme Spots, Safe Deposit Krabs, Eek, An Urchin, Kenny The Cat, License to Milkshake, Seance Shmeance, Don't Look Now, Plankton's Pet and a few others from Season 9.

Imagination

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The E-Man Guy said:
I don't know, I just did not find it that funny, and I thought the plot was pretty lame. They could of had a lot of fun with the training and gone over the top with it, but it didn't. They also could of had fun with Sandy and Squidward interacting, but they didn't. The ending was also pretty lame. I can you why would like it, but not why it would be Prez's favorite of the season.
There's also the fact that SpongeBob has been flanderized to the point where he can't even BEGIN to match Sandy's karate.

Also, when did Sandy get all goody goody? She used Karate to get revenge on SpongeBob for beating her all the time!

Apparently the police only arrest Squidward, Plankton, or Mrs. Puff these days.

Hazmart

Moby Dollar
Season 10 is my favourite, it's just too wacky, creative, ridiculous and has a amazing animation quality, and that's the stuff I like in a cartoon.
(I don't think the cartoony animation it's a problem IT IS A CARTOON)

But objetively, season 9b is better, the storytelling is probably the best in the entire series, the plots are more interesting and well executed.
But, the only problem is the pacing, and Vincent said it, the scripts were too lengthy, so they have to compress them, and that's why the pace is very unbalanced. But this problem is fixed in season 10.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Hazmart said:
Season 10 is my favourite, it's just too wacky, creative, ridiculous and has a amazing animation quality, and that's the stuff I like in a cartoon.
(I don't think the cartoony animation it's a problem IT IS A CARTOON)

But I objetively, season 9b is better, the storytelling is probably the best in the entire series, the plots are more interesting and well executed.
But, the only problem is the pacing, and Vincent said it, the scripts were too lengthy, so they have to compress them, and that's why the pace is very unbalanced. But this problem is fixed in season 10.
I can sort of see what you are saying about Season 10. I don't agree with it, but I see where you are coming from. That being said, I agree that 9B probably has the best storytelling in the entire show.

Back