Season 6 vs Season 7

abisert

Giant Clam
Hiya guys
I'm sorry if I'm wrong but, I think most people here had said S6 and S7 were the most horrible seasons of SpongeBob. So I'm asking, which season was worse? Or maybe, the worst season isn't S6 or S7? :shiftysponge:

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I'm just going to say I'm mixed about this. The opinions on these seasons vary. Some say season 6 is the worst because it had the most bad episodes and is where the show truly dropped, while others say that season 7 is the worst because it has some of the worst episodes.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Season 7 is my least favorite season. I pretty much have something to love for each season, but I can't seem to enjoy or love much of season 7. It's filled with unappealing, lackluster and overall boring episodes. Nothing interesting or notable comes out of season 7, in my opinion.

At least season 6 has its fantastic and gem episodes.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Both seasons are OK, but Season 6 overall is the better season. It has great episodes such as "Spongicus", "House Fancy", "Krusty Krushers", "Not Normal", and much more. There are some good ones in Season 7, but none that I can name of.

SUS

Moby Dollar
Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­t
While season 7 has a few good episodes (Perfect Chemistry and Back to the Past come to mind), most of the episodes downright suck and the ones that don't are often absolutely boring. The plots tend to be stupid as well. The art direction and designs in season 7 are usually generic and unappealing (especially for throwaway characters). You can tell the storyboard directors/writers got really lazy with this one.

So yeah, I think season 6 is the better season.

end

Both were nigh unwatchable, but at least season 6 has episodes like Not Normal and Overbooked. Season 7 is littered with so many painfully generic and unfunny episodes that even s6 would scoff at.

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
Well here's the thing, season 6 was where you could fully say with confidence that the show had gone to :dolphin noise:. Season 7 was like they just stopped trying.

They both are the most hilarious funny and erotic seasons of the show! I would show my children these seasons over the rest as they are the most childfriendly as sb is too gay in the other ones!

Cyril

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Oy vey, season 6 is better for sure. The good episodes were better and the worst episodes weren't as bad. The only improvement Season 7 has is that it doesn't have a TV movie.

poplove

Floating Shopping List
Even though both are very bad, I think season 6 is better than 7. And season 7 is the worst in my opinion.

More

VIP
Out of these, I'd say Seven, even though my personal least favorite is the Eighth.

Cowbob_Ranchpants

I'm scruffy looking
Season 6 cuz squidward's toenail
wow, you judge a season by one scene. Anyways, I think both are bad in their own way. Season 6 had really boring and uninteresting episodes, while Season 7 was a mix between boring and psychotic. Season 6 had some good episodes like Overbooked, House Fancy, A Life in a Day, and Krabby Road. Season 7 had little to none in terms of quality episodes. I personally felt season 6 wasn't that horrible. Sure it was bad, but I thought season 7 was MUCH MUCH worse. If anything, we should be comparing season 7 to 8.

So for me, Season 6 wins

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
While Season 6 had diamonds in the rough (Not Normal, The Slumber Party, Suction Cup Symphony and more), it also had some really atrocious episodes like Choir Boys, The Splinter, Pet or Pests, and The Clash of Triton. Even though it is my personal least favorite season because of occasional unlikable characters, weak writing, and some gross outs, it still had some quality. Still mediocre, but not very bad.

Season 7 may also have some gems like Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Back to the Past and Squidward in Clarinetland, but it also has really bad episodes like APFG, OCM, Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy, and Big Sister Sam. Overall, it is a pretty bland season compared to the episodes from past seasons, but it is not horrible.

I'm calling this a stalemate between my 2 least favorite seasons of my favorite show.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season 6.

-Ugly animation (ugly character designs, for example Spongebob's bulging cheeks, there are few exceptions, for example Sand Castles in the Sand)

-Overused bad gross-out (there are few exceptions, i like good gross-out humour)

-Massive flanderization/character derailment (at its worst, especially with Spongebob and Patrick)

-Bad mean spirited humour (i like good mean spirited humour, season 6 did mean spirited humour bad)

-Dumb plots (most of the time involving Squidward)

-Lack of underwater elements (most of the time)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I prefer Season 6. There was a time when I thought Season 7 was a big improvement but in hindsight I don't like it much.

Back