Season 6 or Season 7? Which is worse?

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Gullible Pants is bad, Bured in Time is meh, Overbooked is decent, Enchanted Tiki Dreams is good

Season 7 wins

Season 6: 9

Season 7: 11

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Episode 11: I would say that The Big One wins. I disliked OCM due to it being very boring, and GIL was meh at best. The Big One had a nice story and a couple funny jokes.

12: I guess season 6? I mean, Choir Boys is one of my least favorite episodes, but TPTT and Rodeo Daze are both excruciatingly dull that I can't stand it. Porous Pockets was decent, however.

13: I would go with season 6 once again. The Card was bad, but I really loved Krusty Krushers. GSR was boring and The Cent of Money was Krabs at one of his worst roles yet.

14: Season 7 wins out. Ditchin was fairly good, but Triangle was the best out the four. The other two are lame.

15: Season 6 again. GTP was actually very funny, and Cephalopod Lodge is one of those episode that was so bad that it was absolutely hilarious. Curse of the Hex was a mixed bag for me, but The Main Drain bored me to tears.

16: Uh...neither? Ok, ok. I'll go with season 6. To SquarePants was the only episode that wasn't bad, however.

17: Season 7 wins. I liked The Great Patty Caper because of the train, even if it wasn't close to being the best of the season. Professor was meh but Shuffleboarding was one "clickbait" of an episode.

18: Definitely season 7. While Komputer Overload was pretty good and underrated, Pet or Pests is complete garbage that makes me want to look away in horror. That Sinking Feeling was okay, and Karate Star was actually a really good episode was quite a bit of hilarious jokes.

19: Season 7 wins by a landslide. Enchanted Tiki Dreams is my favorite of the season and BIT was pretty good. I liked Overbooked, but Gullible Pants was one of those episodes that was really forgettable and boring.

Season 6 is winning right now, but season 7 is making a bit of a comeback.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
Season 7, I liked Gullible Pants and Overbooked, and just thought Buried in Time was okay, and my least favorite of these. However, my favorite S7 episode was ETD, so it barely beats out.

Season 7: 11

(Remember, on epi- you know what)

Imagination

Bomb-Selling Pirate
To be honest, I really can't list many "extremely memorable" episodes of Season 7 that I actually like (believe me, I remember A Pal for Gary very well)

I'm not sure which episodes other people like that are in Season 7 besides Perfect Chemistry or something

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Imagination said:
To be honest, I really can't list many "extremely memorable" episodes of Season 7 that I actually like (believe me, I remember A Pal for Gary very well)

I'm not sure which episodes other people like that are in Season 7 besides Perfect Chemistry or something
Perfect Chemistry, Squidward in Clarinetland, Back to the Past, Bad Guy Club for Villians, The Inside Job, Kracked Krabs, Bikini Bottom Triangle, Buried in Time (Not me though, ugh), Whelk Attack, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Wreck of the Moana Loa, The Abrasive Side, Earworm.

Ice Dripping

Part Computer or Something
Season 6 is definitely worse. I thought most of the episodes from S6 were bad and there were quite a lot of flat out terrible ones. S7 has the worst episode of the series in my opinion, A Pal for Gary, but the majority of the episodes were just meh to me so I find it better than season 6. I don't like season 7 but I would much rather watch it than season 6. Season 7 had a lot of boring episodes but I'd rather watch those than episodes with extreme gross out and abuse.

Episode 18: It was hard, but I choose season 6. I hate Pet or Pests, and Komputer Overload is just alright, as is Karate Star. However, season 6 earns a point here because That Sinking Feeling is in my bottom 5 episodes.

Episode 19: Season 6 wins by a mild margin. Gullible Pants is the worst episode here because it's boring, but Overbooked makes up for it slightly. Both of the season 7 episodes are decent.

Season 6: 13
Season 7: 6

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
"No Hat for Pat/Toy Store of Doom" Vs. "The Abrasive Side/Earworm"

A lot of people seem to like "No Hat for Pat", and while I find the episode to be just okay, I can understand where people are coming from. The best thing about the episode is the characters. Patrick isn't annoying and is actually very charming and likable to watch. Spongebob isn't annoying and Patrick does come across as a friend to him. Mr. Krabs, while definitely antagonistic here, isn't too frustrating and he does lose in the end, and while Squidward doesn't do that much in the episode, everything he does is fine. Unfortunately, I find the rest of the episode to somewhat forgettable outside of the characters mostly feeling in-character, and while I do like the characters here, Patrick is the only one who truly stands out. It's on the higher side of okay for me and I'd likely give it a good if it was a bit more memorable.

"Toy Store of Doom" is a pretty weak episode. It's simultaneously annoying (a bit of crying and screaming, weak climax) and boring (slow-paced, filler scenes). However, it's not super annoying or super boring, so I don't think it's that bad, but the combination of being both does make it bad for me.

"The Abrasive Side" only loses to "Kracked Krabs" for my favorite episode of season 7. I love the abrasive side's snarkiness and complaining, and it makes the second half of the episode a blast to watch. The only things that keeps it from being as good as "Kracked Krabs" for me is that the first half, while decent, doesn't have anything too memorable, but overall, it's easily one of season 7's finest.

I used to dislike "Earworm" for finding the song annoying, but over time, the song has grown on me and it is, as the episode title suggests, an earworm. The song is very catchy and Spongebob going insane is a lot of fun to watch. I don't think it's amazing by good Spongebob episode standards, but for season 7 standards, it definitely is and one of the best in the season.

Season 7 gets an easy victory here. Both of those episodes are among the best in the season, which beats a okay episode and a bad episode pretty easily.

Season 6: 11
Season 7: 9

Episode 20: Season 7 is the clear winner here. The Abrasive Side and Earworm are better than most season 7 episodes (even if they're not amazing,) and while No Hat For Pat is pretty good, Toy Store of Doom drags the season 6 pair down significantly.

Season 7: 7

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Season 7 is nearly undebatebly better. It had much better special episodes/events (not like there's much competition; Truth or Square, Clash of Triton vs. The Legends of Bikini Bottom), and better quality episodes in general. Season 6s episodes were just a lot of meh and terrible, but season 7 had baaaaad episodes (One Coarse Meal, A Pal For Gary) and then really good ones (Earworm, The Abrasive Side). Also, season 7 had more unique blends of episodes, while season 6 had the same tired old plots.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Season 7 wins. All of those episodes except Toy Store of Doom are great, but Earworm is the best of them.

Season 7: 12

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
"Sand Castles in the Sand/Shell Shocked" Vs. "Hide and Then What Happens?/Shellback Shenanigans"

"Sand Castles in the Sand" seems to be a fan favorite and considered one of season 6's best, and while I think it's a little overrated, it's definitely one of the better episodes in the season. There's a lot of cool animation and action here that makes this one of the better episodes of the show from a visual standpoint. I don't think it's amazing, since the first 2-3 minutes are annoying and there are similar episodes like "The Fry Cook Games" or "The Battle of Bikini Bottom" that I find better, but the good stuff is good enough to make this episode good.

"Shell Shocked" is another pretty bland episode. It's pretty repetitive, and while I don't find it annoying, it feels pretty empty since almost everything in the episode revolves around Spongebob breaking shells. I do enjoy Angry Jack and his commercial, and he does help the episode a little bit, but as it stands, it's mediocre. Not bad, but if Angry Jack wasn't there, then it might be.

"Hide and Then What Happens?" combines being super annoying and super boring to make a pretty bad episode. The first few minutes feel like painfully slow filler, and once Patrick hides in his rock (which they show to us, completely getting rid of any tension), Spongebob annoys Squidward, Mrs. Puff, and the audience by chasing Squidward and repeatedly saying "Are you sure?" to Mrs. Puff. Outside of Patrick Notstar, who looks cool but his personality is forgettable, the rest of the episode is slow, dull, annoying, and pointless.

"Shellback Shenanigans" is the third of of three "Plankton disguises himself as somebody in order to get the formula" episodes, and of the three this season, this is easily the best one. Plankton gets some good lines and I was never annoyed or bored with it. Unfortunately, while there isn't anything that bothers me here, outside of some good lines from Plankton, it's mostly forgettable and this plot didn't need to happen three times this season. If this plot wasn't overused or if it was a bit better, I might give it a good, but as it stands, it's on the higher side of okay.

I'm giving this one to season 6 since "Sand Castles in the Sand" is good and "Shell Shocked", while mediocre, isn't bad and has an enjoyable character in it. "Shellback Shenanigans" is okay, though it has an overused plot and it's forgettable, and "Hide and Then What Happens?" is pretty weak.

Season 6: 12

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Hide and then what Happens is bad, Sand Castles in the sand is great, and the rest are simply okay or mediorce. Season 6 wins this one

Season 6: 10

Episode 21: I'm giving the point to season 6, because I think Sand Castles in the Sand is good. Shell Shocked is pretty weak, though, as is Shellback Shenanigans. Hide and Then What Happens? is very bad.

Season 6: 14
Season 7: 7

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
"Chum Bucket Supreme/Single Cell Anniversary" Vs. "The Masterpiece/Whelk Attack"

A lot of people seem to really like "Chum Bucket Supreme", and to be honest, I don't get the love. It's inoffensive and far from bad, but Patrick's stupidity isn't really that charming here and it doesn't feel that much different from an upcoming episode this season that I personally found to be better. It's okay, but I fail to see how it's considered one of the best in the season.

"Single Cell Anniversary", while not a great episode or one that has a ton to talk about it, does work out fine. The song at the end is nice, Plankton gets a few good lines, and nothing in it is frustrating. It can be a little slow at times, and I wasn't that far off from calling it just okay, but there's enough here I enjoyed that I'll barely give it a good.

"The Masterpiece" is yet another one of those episodes where there isn't much I can say it does wrong, but very little about it is memorable outside of the design of the Mr. Krabs statue. It's inoffensive, but it's not an episode I would ever intentionally go out of my way to watch.

"Whelk Attack" sounds interesting and action-packed from the title, and while it's definitely far more interesting than "The Monster Who Came To Bikini Bottom", the action isn't particularly exciting and it isn't particularly memorable outside of the reference to "Suds". It's a bit better than "The Masterpiece", but I think it could have been better.

While none of these episodes are particularly great to me, I do find all of them to be tolerable. "Single Cell Anniversary" is the best of the four, and "Chum Bucket Supreme" and "Whelk Attack" are around the same for me and they are better than "The Masterpiece". Season 6 wins this round.

Season 7 no longer has a chance to win, but if it wins all of the final four pairs, the two seasons can tie. As for "Truth or Square", the next episode pair will be looking at only the Spongebob parts of that episode, and the one after that will be looking at only the Patchy parts.

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
"Truth or Square" (Spongebob) Vs. "You Don't Know Sponge/Tunnel of Glove"

While most people really dislike the Patchy parts of "Truth or Square", the Spongebob parts seem to get mixed reception on here. Considering this is a tenth anniversary special, the episode doesn't feel particularly special and is mostly just weak flashbacks that are lackluster, lots of filler, a very weak plot for a T.V. movie, and incredibly boring. There isn't much that's frustrating here, and that's probably why the reception seems to be mixed for the Spongebob segments on here, but it's consistently boring throughout, goes on way too long, and is super underwhelming for a T.V. movie and a tenth anniversary special.

"You Don't Know Sponge" is also incredibly boring. The first half of the episode goes on forever and is simply "Spongebob knows a lot about Patrick and Patrick knows nothing about Spongebob". Both of the characters answering things about each other goes on incredibly slowly and you really get the feeling that Patrick isn't a good friend here. The second half isn't as bad, but it's incredibly bland and forgettable. An abysmal first half and a weak second half adds up to a pretty bad episode that would place on my bottom 30.

"Tunnel of Glove" is okay. Nothing about it stands out other than taking place in Glove World, but it's inoffensive and much easier to sit through than the other two episodes on here.

Season 7 gets the victory here for two major reasons:
1. "Tunnel of Glove", while it's definitely not an episode I care for, is the only episode here that isn't ridiculously boring.
2. As boring as the other two episodes are, I'll give "You Don't Know Sponge" some credit that it's only 11 minutes when compared to a minimum of 22 minutes (plus more if you add the Patchy stuff on, which makes things much more irritating).

Season 7: 10

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
For the first one, I'll give it to Season 6, just because the Masterpiece is the only non-great one (Although it is still pretty good).

For the second one, easily Season 6 without even the tiniest little bit of doubt or even a millisecond of thinking. No contest at all. That's how amazing the Spongebob Segments of Truth or Square are. Doesn't help that You Don't Know Sponge is absolutatly terrible.

Season 6: 12

Back