Season 6 or Season 7? Which is worse?

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
If you ask someone what the two worst Spongebob seasons are, almost everyone will say seasons 6 and 7. Like the majority, I would definitely have to agree, but something I struggle with deciding is which of the two seasons I dislike more. Here, I will be comparing season 6 episodes to season 7 episodes by their production order, with the pair I like more getting a point. By the end, the one with more points is the season I dislike less of the two. There are topics similar to this, so it will probably look familiar. Anyway, that's start with the first episode pair.

"House Fancy/Krabby Road" Vs. "Tentacle-Vision/I Heart Dancing"

I've stated my thoughts on "House Fancy" multiple times on here before, and I'm pretty neutral to it. It seems to be an episode people either love or hate, and I'm not in either of those. To me, I find the first half of the episode to be pretty dull. Squilliam's house, while decently-animated, isn't particularly interesting to watch for several minutes. The second half, with Spongebob helping Squidward, is a little more interesting, but it's still meh for me since it's mostly stuff we've seen before without anything new or interesting brought to the table. Of course, you can't bring up this episode without mentioning the toenail scene, and to be honest, I don't think it's as bad as people say. It's definitely not funny and not needed, but it's short, not particularly bad, and if people wouldn't bring it up so much, I probably would forget it was even there. It's definitely not enough to make it bad, but Squidward winning definitely isn't enough for me to make it good.

"Krabby Road" on the other hand, is easily one of the best season 6 episodes. I don't have too much to say about it, but it's pretty fun, consistently entertaining, and there's nothing in it that I find bad.

"Tentacle-Vision" is a "annoy Squidward" episode, and unfortunately, this is one of the ones that I think is bad. Everybody thinking they can jump in on Squidward's show and Squidward getting kicked out are annoying to watch, and there really isn't anything I enjoyed here. It's not one of the worst season 7 or "annoy Squidward" episodes, but I still consider it to be bad.

"I Heart Dancing" is pretty forgettable and unremarkable to me. The "Who put you on the planet? Ugh!" line is great, but the rest of the episode is mostly dancing and not particularly interesting. It's not bad, but not good either.

For this, season 6 definitely gets the point. One meh/good pairing definitely beats a bad/meh pairing. As for the two meh episodes, "House Fancy" is probably a little better than "I Heart Dancing", but that's mostly because there's more of the episode that I can remember when compared to the other one.

Season 6: 1
Season 7: 0

I'll try to update this every few hours if possible.

KarateSponge

Parawhore
Baloo said:
I've stated my thoughts on "House Fancy" multiple times on here before, and I'm pretty neutral to it. It seems to be an episode people either love or hate
love it? uhhh...yeah...ok....

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Lol i can't even decide between the two
both of these seasons have really god awful episodes

KarateSponge said:
love it? uhhh...yeah...ok....
It's a ok episode. some people find that one scene funny.

I Heart Dancing is a pretty good episode imo

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Season 7 is defitenly better than Season 6 imo.

Alrhough I would say that House Fancy/Krabby Road is better than Tentacle Vision/I Heart Dancing

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The first half of season 7 is even worse than season 6 but the episodes after LOBB are okay for the most part. Enough to make it slightly better than season 6, which sucks from beginning to end.

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
"Penny Foolish/Nautical Novice" Vs. "Growth Spout/Stuck in the Wringer"

"Penny Foolish" has always been an episode I find to be quite annoying. Is it really necessary to stalk Spongebob the whole day just for one penny, Mr. Krabs? It gets repetitive and annoying very quick.

"Nautical Novice" is another one of those episodes that I'm completely neutral towards. Nothing about it bothered me, but I didn't really care for anything in it either. The ending doesn't bother me, since I thought it was very obvious Spongebob wasn't going to keep his license due to the status quo of the show, so with or without the ending, my feelings would be exactly the same.

"Growth Spout" is another episode I find to be just okay, but it is relatively close to being good for me. I do get the feeling Mr. Krabs cares for Pearl here and the stuff with Mrs. Puff is great, but everything else is just average.

"Stuck in the Wringer" is one of the most infamous episodes of the show, and I can understand why it's universally disliked. Patrick, while not as mean as some of his other appearances, is quite annoying, the slapstick with the wringer doesn't do a thing for me, and the scene where the townspeople get angry at Spongebob for (justifiably) snapping at Patrick is incredibly frustrating. I dislike how Patrick is portrayed in the right through the episode when the majority of things he does in the episode solely cause trouble. I wouldn't put the episode in my bottom 10, but this would make my bottom 30. It's really bad and I don't like watching it.

It was a bit harder here to decide which episode pair was better, since both consisted of one meh episode and one bad episode, with the best one and the worst one being paired together. In the end, I think I'll give season 7 the point, since "Growth Spout" is a bit better than "Nautical Novice" to me and while I think "Stuck in the Wringer" is the worse of the two, "Penny Foolish" is still pretty bad.

Season 6: 1
Season 7: 1

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Ironically, I said Seaon 7 is better than Season 6, but the first two pairs go to Season 6 imo.....

poplove

Floating Shopping List
I think Season 7 is slightly worse than Season 6. But both of those seasons have their good episodes I think.

President Squidward said:
Season 8 is worse than both
this is indisputable
season 6 and 7 are universes better than season 8
though if i had to say which was worse, id say 6 cuz 7 has quite a few good episodes

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
"Spongicus/Suction Cup Symphony" Vs. "Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy/The Inside Job"

"Spongicus", while not an amazing or even great episode, is actually surprisingly enjoyable, especially for season 6 standards. I don't have too much to say for this one, and while nothing here is fantastic, everything is competent and it's easy to sit through.

"Suction Cup Symphony" is another surprisingly good season 6 episode. It doesn't get going that much until the end, but the ending with the excellent music and the bizarre, but entertaining antics of Spongebob and Patrick is a lot of fun. Even then, the stuff before is competent and while they do annoy Squidward here, Spongebob and Patrick aren't too annoying overall. Again, I don't think it's amazing, but I consider it better than "Spongicus" and easily one of season six's finest.

"Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy", while not one of my least favorite episodes of season 7, is pretty lackluster overall. While there are only three things that bother me, they are major complaints. First of all, Spongebob is really annoying in the episode when he tries to teach Plankton disguised as Sandy how to make a Krabby Patty. He says "Oh, try again." constantly and it gets irritating very quickly. Spongebob not being suspicious of anything is a little stupid too. Next, the townspeople are too mean to Sandy for being "naked". Yes, Sandy isn't fully clothed, but she isn't naked, which makes all of their scenes pointless and annoying. Finally, why didn't Sandy put on her suit and helmet while trying to find her pelt? It's a small thing that really bothers me since it's an obvious catalyst towards helping her and she doesn't do it, which adds the frustration from weak writing and the annoying townspeople. There aren't any positives I have for it, so it's obvious that I find this one pretty bad.

"The Inside Job" is one of season 7's best episodes, which ultimately isn't saying that much as I don't think it's amazing or even great. While the concept of Plankton inside Spongebob is similar to his debut episode, the episode does take a different turn from that one and doesn't feel too similar for the most part. The highlight is when Plankton is in Spongebob's brain, and the rest of his antics are entertaining as well. I don't think it's great, but it held my attention the whole time and nothing frustrated me, making it one of the best episodes of the season.

Season 6 definitely gets the point here. Both episodes are two of the better ones in the season and if I'm remembering correctly, this is the only episode pair in the whole season where I consider both episodes to be good. "The Inside Job" is good too, but "Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy" brings the pair down quite a bit.

Season 6: 2
Season 7: 1

Super Weenie Hut Junior

Imitation Krab
I hate both seasons. Season 7 gets the award for worst season of SpongeBob, because there are SO MANY episodes that just aren't funny at all.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
Yes, I do think these seasons were okay, but I do think this topic is interesting. Followed.

Imagination

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Season 6 is like a field. It stays at the same quality throughout the whole thing.

Season 7, however, has good episodes and episodes that are some of the worst in the series. It's like a mountain.

The most infamous episode of Season 6 (Choir Boys) isn't nearly as hated as APFG or OCM.

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
I think Season 6 is better than Season 7 by a hair, both are at the decent-okay range for me.

Episode 1: Season 6
Episode 2: Season 7
Episode 3: Season 6
Episode 4: Season 7
Episode 5: Season 6
Episode 6: Season 6
Episode 7: Season 7
Episode 8: Season 6
Episode 9: Season 7
Episode 10: Season 6
Episode 11: Season 6
Episode 12: Season 7
Episode 13: Season 6
Episode 14: Season 7
Episode 15: Season 6
Episode 16: Season 6
Episode 17: Season 7
Episode 18: Season 6
Episode 19: Season 7
Episode 20: Season 7
Episode 21: Season 6
Episode 22: Season 6
Episode 23: Season 6
Episode 24: Season 7
Episode 25: Season 6
Episode 26: Season 7

6: 15
7: 11

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
I think Season 6 is better than Season 7 by a hair, both are at the decent-okay range for me.

Episode 1: Season 6
Episode 2: Season 7
Episode 3: Season 6
Episode 4: Season 7
Episode 5: Season 6
Episode 6: Season 6
Episode 7: Season 7
Episode 8: Season 6
Episode 9: Season 7
Episode 10: Season 6
Episode 11: Season 6
Episode 12: Season 7
Episode 13: Season 6
Episode 14: Season 7
Episode 15: Season 6
Episode 16: Season 6
Episode 17: Season 7
Episode 18: Season 6
Episode 19: Season 7
Episode 20: Season 7
Episode 21: Season 6
Episode 22: Season 6
Episode 23: Season 6
Episode 24: Season 7
Episode 25: Season 6
Episode 26: Season 7

6: 15
7: 11

For some reason I find it really funny Season 6 got episode 6, Season 7 got 7, 6 got 16, 7 got 17, yet 26 got 7. Probably because season 6 doesn't really have an episode 26 since Truth or Square takes 2 production codes.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I think they are equal in terms of quality, even if they're different to each other. Season 7 began with mean-spiritedness and unfunny episodes, but later it turned into a decent season with great episodes like Whelk Attack, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Buried in Time, Squidward in Clarinetland, Love That Squid, and the first three LOBB episodes. Season 6 was just mixing up dull, weird and annoying episodes with great episodes like Suction Cup Symphony, Chum Caverns, Single Cell Anniversary, Chum Bucket Supreme, Sand Castles in the Sand, and Krusty Krushers. Overall, they're in between meh and decent and of course, not the best seasons.

Back