Season 6 and 7 Comparison

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Hello, boys and girls and welcome to my Season Comparison Topic. Here, I’m going to compare each and every episode of Season 6 and 7 to see which one is better, and which one is worse. I got the idea to do this comparison when I saw TropicalNards112233’s comparison (http://www.sbmania.net/forums/topic/32844-why-season-6-is-not-the-worst-season/ Thank you TropicalNards112233 for inspiring me with this idea), and I even thought about how people constantly say that Season 6 is the worst season. But is it really? Well, let’s find out, shall we? Okay, let’s get this started.

EPISODE ONE:
Season 6: House Fancy/Krabby Road
Season 7: Tentacle Vision/I Heart Dancing

Personally, I think Season 6 started really well. Krabby Road was a rather interesting rock band themed episode which had Plankton in one of his best performances. Plus: Dat wig. And House Fancy is really underrated. I respect opinions, but I think it’s a little unfair to judge the WHOLE episode because of 10 seconds of toenail gore, considering how great the rest of the episode is. I Love Dancing is another underrated episode. I love how well Spongebob could dance, and the “abuse” towards Squidward was karma done right! Tentacle-Vision, however, is unbelievably abysmal. I mean, not only can Spongebob and Patrick mess up Squidward’s own show, but EVERYBODY can make a fool out of him, invade his privacy, vandalize his property, and actually have the nerve to say “Thank you Squidward!!”? No! Just no. Despite I Love Dancing’s wondrous charm, Tentacle-Vision really ruins the episode pair. And since both House Fancy and Krabby Road are really good episodes, Season 6 gets a winning point here.

WINNER: Season 6 (looks like the worst season ever is off to a great start!)

(I will post episodes two and three for each season today.)

In my opinion Tentacle Vision/I Heart Dancing pairng is much better than House Fancy/Krabby Road pairing.
Season 7 - 1
Season 6 - 0
I love Tentacle Vision because It really cracked me up, even though It has Squid abuse. Sorry but In my opinion season 7 is much better than season 6. Even though season 7 has some mean-spirited episodes like A Pal for Gary, Yours Mine and Mine, The Cent of Money and One Coarse Meal, It has more entertaining and funny episodes than season 6 has, in my opinion. Season 6 has some disgusting episodes, Squid abuse episodes, cheap and jerk Krabs episodes and annoying SpongeBob and Patrick episodes and I can't stand these episdoes. That's why I like season 7 more but I still respect your opinion. Season 7 is kinda underrated in my opinion.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I will follow this too. :)

- House Fancy was OK, but the toenail scene creep me out a bit.
- Krabby Road was decent.
- Tentacle-Vision has a good start. It isn't that bad.
- I Heart Dancing? Meh... Just meh... I like when SpongeBob said: "Who put you on the planet?" Since Squidward was teaching SpongeBob to dance, I don't like it. Well, Squidward just wanted to get to the competition.

I choose Season 6, but this season is very underrated.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Coolio, I'll be following this. :) I actually think Season 6 is a decent-ish season, but I don't like Season 7 much.

House Fancy and Krabby Road were probably not the best way to open a season, but I really like both episodes. House Fancy has the toenail scene, sure, but it's a little silly to hate the episode based on that scene. Though I guess that's not the only reason people dislike it. Some people just find it boring. I have to admit, I can see that. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm a huge fan of Squilliam and his dynamic with Squidward, I'm not sure if I would have liked the episode as much either. Oh well, I do love Squilliam and I love seeing more of the relationship between him and Squidward, so that alone gives this episode points for me. Plus, minus the toenail scene, I find this episode quite funny. As for Krabby Road, I think I have a slight bias toward it for the fact that the title is a Beatles reference, but even so I thought the episode was a really creative idea. How out-of-the-box is it for Plankton to start a band to get the formula?

Tentacle Vision and I Heart Dancing weren't very good season openers either. Tentace Vision had a few funny moments and I liked the idea, but it was way too mean-spirited to be a good episode for me. I Heart Dancing was all right, but had too much visual humor for my taste, and the visual humor wasn't all that great. It was funny more because of its randomness than because of any actual wit, so the replay value isn't very high for me. Although I love that "Who put you on the planet? Ugh!" line. It reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite for some reason. :rofl:

So, the winner for me is Season 6. :P

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
EPISODE TWO:
Season 6: Penny Foolish/Nautical Novice
Season 7: Growth Spout/Stuck In The Wringer

Ehh… Neither season has a good pairing here. Penny Foolish is a waste of time (Krabs is stalking the sponge for a stupid penny). Nautical Novice was a huge disappointment (Seriously? A TUGBOAT? That wasn’t even seen in any shots PRIOR to the ending!). Growth Spout was pretty mediocre (though, at least watchable). And Stuck In The Wringer is ridiculous, mean-spirited, heartless, stupid, and depressing. Considering that both episode pairs are absolutely awful, I can at least stand Penny Foolish and Nautical Novice a little more than I used to (and I don’t hate PF as much), so I would give Season 6 another winning point.

WINNER: Season 6

EPISODE THREE:
Season 6: Spongicus/Suction Cup Symphony
Season 7: Someone’s In The Kitchen With Sandy/The Inside Job

Both Spongicus and Suction Cup Symphony are a couple of my favorites for Season 6. I love how Plankton set up a Rome-esque coliseum and the action and humor in Spongicus is pretty awesome! And you have to admit, Planky-poo does look cool in a toga! Suction Cup Sympthony is really self-explanatory. It has an amazing plot, amazing music, and amazing jokes to go along with it. And plus, Squidward wins yet again yippee! SITKWS is actually really bad. I hated how Sandy was treated in this episode (SHE has to go to jail instead of Plankton?!), and the Bikini Bottomites are total hyprocrites for attacking her for wearing nothing but underwear, when THEY THEMSELVES ARE WEARING NOTHING BUT UNDERWEAR! God, this episode makes me mad. The Inside Job, however, is decent. I liked the idea of Plankton literally crawling through Spongebob’s body and brain (I’m getting creepier and creepier, aren’t I?), and the ending was actually kind of funny! Though, since Spongicus and SCS are better in my eyes, Season 6 takes the cake yet again!

WINNER: Season 6

Points so far
Season 6: 3 points
Season 7: 0 points

For me as of currently:

Season 6: 1 point
Season 7: 0 points

Aw, you updated as I typed.

For Me:

2. These both are pairings with one good episode and one bad episode. I like Growth Spurt slightly better than NN, though,so: Season 7

3. Spongicus is okay but SCS is awesome. TIJ is decent but SITKWS is bad. So the winner is season 6.
So far:
Season 6- 2 points
Season 7- 1 point
EDIT: I like NN more than GS, to be honest, now.

So yeah, I agree 6 3 pts and 7 0 pts.

EDIT 2: I just realized TS/SWS and KBBB/APFG are in my bottom 50, so none are going to win there.

Once again I choose season 7 pairing. In my opinion Growth Spout/Stuck In The Wringer is better pairing than Penny Foolish/Nautical Novice. Growth Spout is decent, so does NN. I rated both of them 7/10. Penny Foolish is horrible, so does SITW but in my opinion SITW has more funny parts than Penny Foolish.

In my opinion, Someone’s In The Kitchen With Sandy/The Inside Job pairing is better than Spongicus/CSC. CSC is great but kinda overrated. Spongicus is mediocre in my opinion. To be honest, SITKWS was okay. I know It was gross and It has Sandy abuse but It has some funny moments in my opinion. The Inside Job is just perfect and It's one of the best season 7 episodes and that's why I choose season 7. Also I don't think The Inside Job rips-offs "Plankton!" episode.

Season 7 - 3
Season 6 - 0

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Oh, Penny Foolish, you are dangerously close to so-bad-it's-good-territory for me. At least in One Krabs Trash Mr. Krabs was after something that (he believed) was worth a lot of money and the jokes were actually funny. In Penny Foolish, he's after a penny. A penny. For God's sake, dude, if it bothers you that much just take it out of SpongeBob's paycheck. I'm sure he wouldn't notice or care. I know Krabs is greedy, but having him go to such extremes for a freaking penny is ridiculous even for this show. Nautical Novice is just plain boring, I don't have much to say about it beyond that.

Growth Spout was mediocre. At least Krabs' greed (in my opinion) was used a little better here, but the episode feels really empty. It seems like something that was supposed to be a short but somehow it got stretched into a full-length episode. Stuck in the Wringer was awful. Mean-spirited, annoying, and incredibly stupid.

Spongicus and Suction Cup Symphony are both episodes that I really like. I love Ancient Rome so I liked the idea behind Spongicus. I think more could have been done with it (am I the only one who finds the ending anti-climactic?), but I think it's a really fun episode. And Plankton rocks that toga. :love: Suction Cup Symphony is just perfection. I liked the humor and I love the ending. Squidward gets a happy ending, and he gets it with the help of SpongeBob and Patrick, which makes it even better. It's one of the episodes that, for me, shows that they do have some positive influence on Squidward.

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy is sort of a guilty pleasure for me. There's a lot that I don't like about it (mean-spiritedness, grossness, unoriginal plot) but somehow I found myself enjoying it anyway. I guess I just liked the idea of Sandy and Plankton sharing an episode, and Plankton's imitation of Sandy's accent and way of speaking made me laugh, as did the ragdoll-like movements of his Sandy disguise. I'm really forgiving of anything that makes me laugh, and SITKWS did make me laugh. I liked The Inside Job, but it's kind of forgettable. Really, I can hardly remember anything about it, I just remember that I liked it. 0_o

Winner here is Season 6.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Yeah, season 7 is infamous for mean-spirited and out-of-character episodes, while season 6 is infamous for Squidward abuse, gross-out moments, and Mr. Krabs being in his "I like money" mode. Season 7 was almost as bad as season 6, which I think is worse. In other words, I'm following this.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
- Penny Foolish, was... Well, I'm neutral with this episode.
- Nautical Novice wasn't bad, but the ending was awkward.
- Growth Spout wasn't too fascinating. I don't get how Pearl got the growth spout.
- Stuck In The Wringer was... Man... This episode was pretty bad. Patrick didn't help SpongeBob and the Bikini Bottomies screamed to SpongeBob.

- Spongicus wasn't bad, but some parts weren't good at all.
- Suction Cup Symphony was simply good. It had an interesting plot, but I don't get how the Bikini Bottomies liked Squidward's performance. Well, the performance was hilarious. Overall, it was good and is one of my favorites in the underrated Season 6. :)
- Someone’s In The Kitchen With Sandy was boring. Sandy without her fur? No. Just no.
- The Inside Job was okay, but it was also weird, how Plankton looked like SpongeBob or Patrick.

Season 6: 3 points.
Season 7: 0 points.

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
Krabby Road was certainly a memorably underrated little episode.
House Fancy too, really. This should be interesting.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
EPISODE FOUR:
Season 6: Not Normal/Gone
Season 7: Greasy Buffoons/Model Sponge

Ew, this pair. Don’t get me wrong, I like Not Normal a lot. I think it’s rather amusing. And the normal Squidward at the end was creepy, but funny! Gone, however, is not. I absolutely hated how the Bikini Bottomites treated Spongebob. The ending to it isn’t dumb or nonsensical. It’s a painful surprise because of how cold it is to poor Spongebob. Greasy Buffoons is underrated, in my opinion. It feels as if it’s trying to make a point about eating fast foods (thank you HPL for opening my eyes with your review), and the writers managed to make me laugh in this episode (Squidward vanishing after Krabs assigned the project to clean out all the grease). And Model Sponge is also pretty cool. It feels like a better version of As Seen On TV (yes, I said it). It didn’t make Spongebob so arrogant and stupid in this episode, and the story was actually a bit better than As Seen On TV. So, all in all, since Season 7 has provided us with such awesome underrated gems as Greasy Buffoons and Model Sponge, and since I despise Gone, Season 7 gets a point here!

EPISODE FIVE:
Season 6: The Splinter/Slide Whistle Stooges
Season 7: Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful/A Pal For Gary

Okay, I have just seen both The Splinter and SWS recently, and I have to say… they’re not as bad as I remember! SWS had a messed up ending, and The Splinter pretty much has nothing but gross-out humor going for it. But I thought the beginning of the Splinter was rather hilarious and Spongebob and Patrick (and Squidward) playing the slide whistles in Slide Whistle Stooges was really funny rather than annoying. KBBB was decent. I don’t think it’s really abusive, but it does drag on for a while that it gets boring and dull. Though, it’s not exactly as bad as it could’ve been. As for A Pal For Gary… *sigh* if you have already read my least favorite episodes list, as well as some posts regarding this episode, you probably know that I despise this episode. This is my least favorite episode of the series (yes, even worse than Twilight) and considering the horrid abuse and cruelty in this episode, I’d rather watch The Splinter and Slide Whistle Stooges than this horrible episode. Plus, the Splinter doesn’t make me want to throw up anymore. So, Season 6 gets another point from me.

Points so far
Season 6: 4 points
Season 7: 1 point

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Not Normal is boring. Gone... ugh, I've ranted about this episode way too many times.

Greasy Buffoons I really like. I find it funny and I like the moral. Model Sponge is all right, but it drags for a while before the plot kicks in.

Winner here is Season 7.

The Splinter and Slide Whistle Stooges... no, just no.

Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful is okay-ish, but it's rather dull. The entire episode is based on a gag that wasn't all that funny to begin with. Squilliam's appearances were hilarious though. God, I love Squilliam. :love: A Pal For Gary is just... it's... DEEEEEAAAAAUUUUUGGHH!!!

I really don't know who to pick for a winner here, let's just say they're tied.

4. I like Not Normal but I hate Gone. I think both season 7 episodes are decent. I give season 6 the point because I love NN.

5. Neither get the point. All 4 of them are in my bottom 60. In fact, bottom 50.

So far:

Season 7: 0 points (my goodness...)

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
EPISODE SIX
Season 6: A Life In A Day/Sun Bleached
Season 7: Yours, Mine, and Mine/Kracked Krabs

Ehh, Sun Bleached was decent, but not exactly the kind of episode I’d go for. ALIAD, however, is excellent. I like the basic plot of it, I like the moral of the story, and I love the catchphrase in this episode. Livin’ Like Larry! Livin’ Like Larry! Yours, Mine and Mine is horrible. I hated Patrick’s jerkiness towards Spongebob and it made me want to do nothing but strangle him! Kracked Krabs was actually an improvement over YMAM. I liked how Mr. Krabs and Spongebob acted a lot like their older selves, and I loved how Spongebob defined “exaggerating” Krabs’ cheapness. Thinking back to Chocolate With Nuts, eh? This is actually a hard choice because I love Kracked Krabs, but I hate Yours Mine and Mine. And Livin’ Like Larry is good too, but Sun Bleached is meh to me. Ehh, I’ll give Season 7 another point, since Kracked Krabs is actually another hidden gem, despite its evil partner in crime.

EPISODE SEVEN:
Season 6: Giant Squidward/No Nose Knows
Season 7: The Curse of Bikini Bottom/Squidward In Clarinetland

Huh, looks like Season 7 is actually getting a bit better! The Curse of Bikini Bottom is actually a really funny Halloween special, and Squidward In Clarinetland is a real eye-catcher for me! I especially love the creepy visual designs of SiC, and the humor actually works in BOTH episodes! Though, I can’t say the same thing about the Season 6 episodes we have here. Giant Squidward is just another Squidward Torture Fest and No Nose Knows is just boring, lame, and gross. I’ll admit, they both do have redeemable qualities. Giant Squidward is actually one of the few times that Spongebob and Patrick acknowledge that they messed up and try to fix it. And No Nose Knows has a hilarious ending. Even with their redeeming qualities, though, I have to vote for TCOBB and SiC here for intriguing plots and visuals, as well as some hilarious moments.

EPISODE EIGHT:
Season 6: Patty Caper/Plankton’s Regular
Season 7: Back To The Past/The Bad Guy Club For Villains (I’m saving the specials until the end)

Well, let’s start with Season 6. Plankton’s Regular was god-awful. It had such a cruel ending to Plankton and it made me wonder who the REAL villain of the show is! Patty Caper, on the other hand, was actually pretty good! I love that they made a who-did-it episode, and I was surprised (and rather glad) that the culprit was Mr. Krabs the whole time! I’m glad that they didn’t go with the typical “Plankton did it because Status Quo is GOD” junk. It was actually a really surprising turn of events and it really didn’t disappoint! BTTP and TBGCFV were also pretty good as well. I liked the darker imagery in BTTP and I liked the epic battle between MM & BB’s group and The Dirty Bubble and Manray’s supervillain gang. Even though I like Patty Caper very much, I would have to give more points to Season 7, since I despise Plankton’s Regular and S7’s episode pair is actually pretty decent.

Points so far
Season 7: 4 points (looks like Season 7 is also going pretty good!)

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
A Life in a Day and Sun Bleached are both forgettable to me. Yours, Mine and Mine is awful and Kracked Krabs is decent, I actually really liked Krabs' portrayal in the episode, it was the first post-movie episode where he felt like a father figure. Still, YMAM is really bad, so give the point to Season 6, I guess.

I actually think Giant Squidward is decent. Yeah, there's Squidward Abuse, but I find it pretty mild, and I liked that SpongeBob and Patrick acknowledged that they did something wrong and they actually try to make up for it in a really nice way. No Nose Knows I found really funny, actually, and I didn't find it gross at all. 0_o The title card is gross, but I can't remember the episode itself having anything particularly gross in it. Plus, it's nice to have a Patrick episode where all of the humor isn't centered on LULZ HEZ STOOPID. It's an interesting idea, actually. Patrick isn't used to having a sense of smell, so he has no idea how to handle bad smells. The Curse of Bikini Bottom is okay, but I think they could have done a lot more with it. Plus, the rules of being a ghost were really contradictory and confusing. Objects go right through them, but Squidward can spray them with water? lol k. I have a deep love for Squidward in Clarinetland because I just adore weird, trippy imagery in animation. SIC was right up my alley. :love:

It's a very close call, but I think I'd go with Season 7 for this one, mainly because of SIC.

I love Patty Caper. I love the whodunit style and I found it really funny. I also liked the twist at the end. Plankton's Regular has so many mean-spirited overtones, but it's not the worse thing out there. Back to the Past was all right, but really disappointing to me. I love stories about time travel, so I think my expectations for this one were just too high. I wanted the episode to explore the other timeline more. I wanted to see just how much it was affecting everyone. Instead they just glanced over it. I did like the dreary grey look to Manray's Bikini Bottom. The imagery was effective, I just wish I'd been given more time to appreciate it. It's a decent enough episode, but it could have been great. The Bad Guy Club for Villain is a neat, simple episode that's fun to watch once, but it's not something I'd want to watch again.

Season 6 wins easily because of Patty Caper.

In my opinion, Greasy Buffoons/Model Sponge pair is way better than Nor Normal/Gone because Greesy Buffons is an underrated gem of season 7 and Model Sponge is also great too, Not Normal is okay but to be honest I like Gone. Sure, the ending was horrible but I enjoyed watching this episode. I laughed at some parts like SpongeBob pretending to be everyone in Bikini Bottom and SpongeBob watching a movie. Even though the ending is horrible, this episode is still decent but I can understand why people hates this episode. The ending ruined this episode a little for me but I liked the rest of this episode. WINNER: Season 7

I think people will kill me after they saw my opinion about these pairings. To be honest, I prefer Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful/A Pal For Gary over The Splinter/Slide Whistle Stooges. Sure, A Pal for Gary was a bad episode but I don't really hate this episode much as you do and I love KBBB so much (please don't kill me, haters). SWS is an enjoyable episode for me (Please don't kill me) but the ending was terrible. This episode didn't ruin the pairing but The Splinter did. To be honest, I hate The Splinter more than A Pal for Gary, WINNER: Season 7

A Life In a Day episode was a great episode, so does Kracked Krabs, They both are gems of their seasons. Sun Bleached (yup, I hate that episode) and Yours, Mine, and Mine are terrible episodes but to be honest, I prefer YMM over Sun Bleached. WINNER: Season 7

In my opinion, The Curse of Bikini Bottom/Squidward In Clarinetland is better than Giant Squidward/No Nose Knows. Giant Squidward is a Squid abuse episode and I hated Bikini Bottomies in this episode but I actually laughed at some parts in this episode and SpongeBob and Patrick weren't bad in this episode. No Nose Know is so underrated. To be honest, the gross parts were a little bearable in my opinion and I laughed at some parts like the ending in this episode. The problems of No Nose Knows is the gross parts and Patrick being a jerk. The Curse of Bikini Bottom was a great episode but Squidward In Clarinetland is so amazing, although I wish we could see more of clarinetland. So the winner is season 7 because of SIC.

Back To The Past and TBGCFV are very underrated and I like these episodes, especially BTTP. BTTP is very enjoyable and funny. The ending was weird but It's still an amazing episode. I love Patty Caper so much but Plankton's Regular ruined the paring. Once again I choose season 7.

Season 6: 0 (Oh boy, this is not good for season 6)
Season 7: 8

Back