Season 6 and 7 Comparison

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I like both specials, but I thought SpongeBob's Last Stand is a little bit better. I don't know why I put SB VS. The Big One at my Top 50. I lowered it and I don't like it much as I used to. It is good, but a bit disappointing, and those guys look weird. Those are the two flaws in this episode. SpongeBob's Last Stand is a great episode, and everyone was in character, except for the Bikini Bottomies, how stupid they were jerks to SpongeBob and Patrick for singing the song and want the Jellyfish Fields to turn into a super highway. This time, SpongeBob's Last Stand in Season 7 wins this round.

Season 6: 11 points.
Season 7: 14 points.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
SPECIAL TWO:
Season 6: Truth or Square
Season 7: The Great Patty Caper

Oh boy. Two specials that have lied to us completely. And to be honest, I actually really like both! Truth or Square had a really interesting plot. It managed to make me laugh quite a bit. The songs are actually good. And I like how the main cast (except Sandy D: ) delve into their pasts and reveal flashbacks. It makes for a really fun and interesting special episode. While it did disappoint me with the Spandy prank, but to be fair, it's just a prank! I can understand why some people would be upset, but like HPL said at one point, the creators weren't trying to be malicious about it. They were playing a little joke on you, saying "Haha, gotcha'!". The Great Patty Caper is an episode I used to REALLY hate. I thought it was going to have a shocking, amazing revelation as to who stole the key to the formula! I was really disappointed when it was Plankton all along, as supposed to the other possible suspects (oh yeah, and the green dressed lady wasn't even in the special for 20 seconds). I got over the lie eventually, and I found the episode to be better than I once thought. I thought it was really funny like ToS, and I found the plot to be rather fun and exciting! :D I love action. In conclusion to this episode, if you don't hold a grudge towards it's pranks, you may find that The Great Patty Caper is actually a really humorous, fun episode that can be really exciting, if you're into it.

So, which do I like more? Well, while the Great Patty Caper is a fun adventure for me, I find Truth or Square to be just a little better. The plot is actually interesting. The songs are really good and catchy (even the ones in Patchy's plot). And I love the flashbacks. It makes me reminisce about Spongebob in the past. That's how interesting these flashbacks are. So my point goes to Truth or Square for this one.

Points so far
Season 6: 13 points
Season 7: 13 points

Well, we're down to the last episode to do, The Clash of Triton. I will do that one, soon. And after that, I will do an overview of the seasons themselves.

Though, I am wondering: Should I consider The Clash of Triton a Season 6 or 7 episode? I'm wondering because it says it's in Season 6, but it aired during Season 7.

More

VIP
If it's season 6, it needs to be there. Goo Goo Gas also aired in season 7, but it was season 5, right?

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
More_Spongebob said:
If it's season 6, it needs to be there. Goo Goo Gas also aired in season 7, but it was season 5, right?
Yeah, you're probably right. Well, I'll consider the Clash of Triton as a Season 6 episode!

SPECIAL THREE:
Season 6: The Clash of Triton
Season 7: N/A

Now THIS special is a prime example of a bad special. I don't hate it as much as other people do, but come on! 5 WRITERS and this the best you could do?! Unlike the last two specials, this one had a terrible plot, stupid characters, NO battle, and an incredibly awful backstory that feels like an insult to Neptune himself. The only good parts were a few chuckle-worthy moments. This is my second least favorite special (only beaten by The Sponge Who Could Fly). While I don't hate it as much as other people who (I gave it a 4/10), I thought it was really hyped up to the maxed, only to come out as a pile of stupidity. At least the ending was HALF-good!

I'm not even going to give a point to Season 6, as this special did not leave me with a good feeling, AT ALL.

Points so far
Season 6: 13 points
Season 7: 13 points

So ends Seasons 6-7, my two least favorite Seasons. Well, it turns out that these two seasons are tied, so tomorrow (or this coming weekend), I'll give my new opinion on each season.

I love both TOS and TGPC but I think TGPC is better.

Season 6: 10
Season 7: 16

Also The Clas of Triton is awful. WORST SPECIAL EVER. Season 6 gets no point. Season 7 won for me. I can't wait for your reviews for season 6 and 7.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
It’s time to conclude this comparison by telling my thoughts on these two seasons!

[SIZE=26pt]Season 6[/SIZE]

For the people who think Season 4 is the beginning of Spongebob’s downfall, I think it’s THIS season that started the downfall! It gave us quite a few episodes ranging from mediocre, to annoying, to downright awful! But, to be fair, I don’t actually hate this season. In fact, I find it a pretty meh season. My problem is not just the bad episodes, it’s because it’s EXTREMELY bumpy. I don’t think it’s completely bad, because there are actually quite a few decent episodes like The Card (GASP, I actually like that episode now!), Grooming Gary, Toy Store of Doom, Patty Caper, and the like. And it even has quite a few awesome episodes like Krabby Road, House Fancy, Single Cell Anniversary, Sand Castles In The Sand, etc. While I don’t think this season is necessarily good, and while I do think Spongebob dropped a little in quality here, it’s actually not as bad as people say it is. It’s bumpy and wavy, but not really bad, which was the main reason I didn’t find it as bad as…

Best Episode: Single Cell Anniversary
Worst Episode: Gone

[SIZE=26pt]Season 7[/SIZE]

Yep. This was my least favorite Season of the series when I first watched it. I thought it was awful. Now that I think about it, it’s actually on the same level as Season 6 for me. It’s not as bad as I once thought! The main reason I thought this was the worst Season of the series was mainly because it had so many mean-spirited, abysmal episodes that made me want to gouge my eyes out! Tentacle-Vision, ALL THE WAY to One Coarse Meal pretty much made me hate the season entirely (except for a few gems in between like I <3 Dancing). But now that I think about it, it really suffers the same problem as Season 6. It’s a really bumpy road! While there are some mediocre to awful episodes like Stuck In The Wringer, One Coarse Meal, A Pal For Gary, Yours Mine and Mine, Hide and Then What Happens, New Fish In Town, etc., it also has some decent episodes like Buried In Time, Shellback Shenanigans, The Wreck of The Mauna Loa, etc. And, it even has some great episodes like I <3 Dancing, The Curse of The Hex, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Love That Squid, Kracked Krabs, etc. And because Season 7 proved to be more of a bumpy road like Season 6 that’s not totally filled with horrid episodes, I’ve actually come to like it more than I used to.

Best Episode: Earworm
Worst Episode: One Coarse Meal (my new least favorite episode)

[SIZE=26pt]Overall Thoughts on BOTH Seasons[/SIZE]

I’ve looked through every episode in each Season and reviewed both of them overall, and I have come to the final conclusion that both are equally my least favorite seasons. But to be fair, that doesn’t mean they’re bad. While I think Spongebob slipped in quality during those seasons, they’re both mixed than actually bad. In fact, even though they are my least favorite Seasons, I’ve come to like them a little more, rather than hate them entirely. They may have some of the worst episodes, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have some of the best. :)

Rating for BOTH Seasons: 6.5/10 (okay; not as bad as I once thought of them)

So that’s my Seasons 6-7 comparison. I hope you enjoyed, and I hope you’re looking forward to my future countdowns and topics. For now, goodbye.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
christmasisawesome22 said:
4. I like Not Normal but I hate Gone. I think both season 7 episodes are decent. I give season 6 the point because I love NN.

5. Neither get the point. All 4 of them are in my bottom 60. In fact, bottom 50.

So far:
Season 6: 4 points
Season 7: 0 points (my goodness...)

HarryPotterLives said:
Not Normal is boring. Gone... ugh, I've ranted about this episode way too many times.

Greasy Buffoons I really like. I find it funny and I like the moral. Model Sponge is all right, but it drags for a while before the plot kicks in.

Winner here is Season 7.

The Splinter and Slide Whistle Stooges... no, just no.

Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful is okay-ish, but it's rather dull. The entire episode is based on a gag that wasn't all that funny to begin with. Squilliam's appearances were hilarious though. God, I love Squilliam. :love: A Pal For Gary is just... it's... DEEEEEAAAAAUUUUUGGHH!!!

I really don't know who to pick for a winner here, let's just say they're tied.

GordokTheMad said:
EPISODE FOUR:
Season 6: Not Normal/Gone
Season 7: Greasy Buffoons/Model Sponge

Ew, this pair. Don’t get me wrong, I like Not Normal a lot. I think it’s rather amusing. And the normal Squidward at the end was creepy, but funny! Gone, however, is not. I absolutely hated how the Bikini Bottomites treated Spongebob. The ending to it isn’t dumb or nonsensical. It’s a painful surprise because of how cold it is to poor Spongebob. Greasy Buffoons is underrated, in my opinion. It feels as if it’s trying to make a point about eating fast foods (thank you HPL for opening my eyes with your review), and the writers managed to make me laugh in this episode (Squidward vanishing after Krabs assigned the project to clean out all the grease). And Model Sponge is also pretty cool. It feels like a better version of As Seen On TV (yes, I said it). It didn’t make Spongebob so arrogant and stupid in this episode, and the story was actually a bit better than As Seen On TV. So, all in all, since Season 7 has provided us with such awesome underrated gems as Greasy Buffoons and Model Sponge, and since I despise Gone, Season 7 gets a point here!

EPISODE FIVE:
Season 6: The Splinter/Slide Whistle Stooges
Season 7: Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful/A Pal For Gary

Okay, I have just seen both The Splinter and SWS recently, and I have to say… they’re not as bad as I remember! SWS had a messed up ending, and The Splinter pretty much has nothing but gross-out humor going for it. But I thought the beginning of the Splinter was rather hilarious and Spongebob and Patrick (and Squidward) playing the slide whistles in Slide Whistle Stooges was really funny rather than annoying. KBBB was decent. I don’t think it’s really abusive, but it does drag on for a while that it gets boring and dull. Though, it’s not exactly as bad as it could’ve been. As for A Pal For Gary… *sigh* if you have already read my least favorite episodes list, as well as some posts regarding this episode, you probably know that I despise this episode. This is my least favorite episode of the series (yes, even worse than Twilight) and considering the horrid abuse and cruelty in this episode, I’d rather watch The Splinter and Slide Whistle Stooges than this horrible episode. Plus, the Splinter doesn’t make me want to throw up anymore. So, Season 6 gets another point from me.

Points so far
Season 6: 4 points
Season 7: 1 point
Okay guys, I have one important question for all of you: WHY do you hate Gone so much?

I love this episode, and I honestly call this episode my favorite of Season 6. Do you only hate it because of the ending? What's so bad about it? The Bikini Bottomites don't hate SpongeBob. It's just that they wanted to take a break from him, because they find him a little annoying, and because of all the trouble and chaos he's caused to Bikini Bottom in past episodes. Plus, there's a No Patrick Day too, so the "hate" was not all on SpongeBob. And there's possibly a No Squidward Day, No Mr. Krabs Day, ect.

The rest of the episode was really good too. Really funny, SpongeBob was likable, and had some very great moments, and a great reference to the 1983 movie "Christine" as a normal car that is alive and evil, just like Boaty was in this episode. Do you like the other parts of the episode, other than the ending?

I'm a huge fan of SpongeBob (the character), so I love him very much, and even I cannot call the ending of the episode mean-spirited at all. It was funny.

Even when I first saw this episode in 4th grade, I liked it. I've always liked it. And here I am in 10th grade, still liking it.

Season 6 is my least favorite season but It's okay. 6.5/10
I actually like season 7 a little but there are some awful ones too. 7.5/10

Great comparison in my opinion

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
SpongyDevotee said:
Okay guys, I have one important question for all of you: WHY do you hate Gone so much?

I love this episode, and I honestly call this episode my favorite of Season 6. Do you only hate it because of the ending? What's so bad about it? The Bikini Bottomites don't hate SpongeBob. It's just that they wanted to take a break from him, because they find him a little annoying, and because of all the trouble and chaos he's caused to Bikini Bottom in past episodes. Plus, there's a No Patrick Day too, so the "hate" was not all on SpongeBob. And there's possibly a No Squidward Day, No Mr. Krabs Day, ect.

The rest of the episode was really good too. Really funny, SpongeBob was likable, and had some very great moments, and a great reference to the 1983 movie "Christine" as a normal car that is alive and evil, just like Boaty was in this episode. Do you like the other parts of the episode, other than the ending?

I'm a huge fan of SpongeBob (the character), so I love him very much, and even I cannot call the ending of the episode mean-spirited at all. It was funny.

Even when I first saw this episode in 4th grade, I liked it. I've always liked it. And here I am in 10th grade, still liking it.
Well, to each their own, but I found the ending of Gone way too callous and cold. After everything SpongeBob has done for his friends, this seems like a crappy way to repay him. I understand he can be irritating and that people would want a break from him, but leaving him alone for weeks, letting him think they were all dead, while they celebrate a day without him? A celebration that includes burning a statue of him and dancing in the ashes? That's when it crosses the line between "oh, they just need to blow off steam" and being really cruel and uncomfortable. and the fact that they tell all of this to SpongeBob so casually at the end and expect him to just be fine with it is pretty messed up.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
GordokTheMad said:
It’s time to conclude this comparison by telling my thoughts on these two seasons!

[SIZE=26pt]Season 6[/SIZE]

For the people who think Season 4 is the beginning of Spongebob’s downfall, I think it’s THIS season that started the downfall! It gave us quite a few episodes ranging from mediocre, to annoying, to downright awful! But, to be fair, I don’t actually hate this season. In fact, I find it a pretty meh season. My problem is not just the bad episodes, it’s because it’s EXTREMELY bumpy. I don’t think it’s completely bad, because there are actually quite a few decent episodes like The Card (GASP, I actually like that episode now!), Grooming Gary, Toy Store of Doom, Patty Caper, and the like. And it even has quite a few awesome episodes like Krabby Road, House Fancy, Single Cell Anniversary, Sand Castles In The Sand, etc. While I don’t think this season is necessarily good, and while I do think Spongebob dropped a little in quality here, it’s actually not as bad as people say it is. It’s bumpy and wavy, but not really bad, which was the main reason I didn’t find it as bad as…

Best Episode: Single Cell Anniversary
Worst Episode: Gone

[SIZE=26pt]Season 7[/SIZE]

Yep. This was my least favorite Season of the series when I first watched it. I thought it was awful. Now that I think about it, it’s actually on the same level as Season 6 for me. It’s not as bad as I once thought! The main reason I thought this was the worst Season of the series was mainly because it had so many mean-spirited, abysmal episodes that made me want to gouge my eyes out! Tentacle-Vision, ALL THE WAY to One Coarse Meal pretty much made me hate the season entirely (except for a few gems in between like I <3 Dancing). But now that I think about it, it really suffers the same problem as Season 6. It’s a really bumpy road! While there are some mediocre to awful episodes like Stuck In The Wringer, One Coarse Meal, A Pal For Gary, Yours Mine and Mine, Hide and Then What Happens, New Fish In Town, etc., it also has some decent episodes like Buried In Time, Shellback Shenanigans, The Wreck of The Mauna Loa, etc. And, it even has some great episodes like I <3 Dancing, The Curse of The Hex, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Love That Squid, Kracked Krabs, etc. And because Season 7 proved to be more of a bumpy road like Season 6 that’s not totally filled with horrid episodes, I’ve actually come to like it more than I used to.

Best Episode: Earworm
Worst Episode: One Coarse Meal (my new least favorite episode)

[SIZE=26pt]Overall Thoughts on BOTH Seasons[/SIZE]

I’ve looked through every episode in each Season and reviewed both of them overall, and I have come to the final conclusion that both are equally my least favorite seasons. But to be fair, that doesn’t mean they’re bad. While I think Spongebob slipped in quality during those seasons, they’re both mixed than actually bad. In fact, even though they are my least favorite Seasons, I’ve come to like them a little more, rather than hate them entirely. They may have some of the worst episodes, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have some of the best. :)

Rating for BOTH Seasons: 6.5/10 (okay; not as bad as I once thought of them)

So that’s my Seasons 6-7 comparison. I hope you enjoyed, and I hope you’re looking forward to my future countdowns and topics. For now, goodbye.
Yeah. Very well said. The quality is just all over the place in these two seasons for whatever reason, ranging from interesting and great to downright awful at its worst with some experimental episodes in between. No wonder so many of the most infamous episodes came from these two seasons but it doesn't mean that they are completely bad or anything. Some of the episodes showed a lot of promise like "Gone" and "Nautical Novice" with their concepts only to suffer from some pretty poor endings, though I can still like them for some of the other things they did.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
HarryPotterLives said:
Well, to each their own, but I found the ending of Gone way too callous and cold. After everything SpongeBob has done for his friends, this seems like a crappy way to repay him. I understand he can be irritating and that people would want a break from him, but leaving him alone for weeks, letting him think they were all dead, while they celebrate a day without him? A celebration that includes burning a statue of him and dancing in the ashes? That's when it crosses the line between "oh, they just need to blow off steam" and being really cruel and uncomfortable. and the fact that they tell all of this to SpongeBob so casually at the end and expect him to just be fine with it is pretty messed up.
So you hate the episode JUST BECAUSE OF THE ENDING?! The ending was not even that bad, really! And SpongeBob was only upset for a little bit, but he got over it. At least they tried to make him feel better.

Not to mention, there’s a No Patrick Day too! They invited SpongeBob there.

Re-watch the episode, seriously.

You guys need to stop overacting over the ending of a perfectly good episode. The writers just did that to make the episode funny, not to be mean-spirited at all.

I actually really LOVE this episode.

And he does too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x0dOQyYsuk I suggest watching a video to see his opinion on Gone.

I always look for the good in an episode, not the bad. If you really believe that the last two minutes are bad, embrace the fact that the other nine minutes are good.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
SpongyDevotee said:
So you hate the episode JUST BECAUSE OF THE ENDING?! The ending was not even that bad, really! And SpongeBob was only upset for a little bit, but he got over it. At least they tried to make him feel better.

You guys need to stop overacting over the ending of a perfectly good episode. The writers just did that to make the episode funny, not to be mean-spirited at all.

And he does too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x0dOQyYsuk I suggest watching a video to see his opinion on Gone.

I always look for the good in an episode, not the bad. If you really believe that the last two minutes are bad, embrace the fact that the other nine minutes are good.
I like your mentality on the show. I also try to see the good in every episode, but the ending to Gone is something I can never appreciate. It was just too mean-spirited and heartless for me to be able to watch. Both you and HPL are right. Sure they tried making SpongeBob feel better, and they did invite him to No Patrick Day, but like HPL said, what they DID was just plain cruel. National No SpongeBob Day seems more like a hate cult than a simple day break. Burning SpongeBob's effigy was quite possibly the worst part. That is identical to kicking/spitting on a gravestone of a dead friend you cared about. It's truly mean spirited and horribly messed up. And to think that was all added for comedy makes it that much more messed up. Also, the episode itself, while the plot was interesting, was quite boring. SpongeBob losing his sanity was a bit OOC and the ending just killed my love for the show at the time. It caused me to abandon the show until last August. That was almost five years! Like I said, I always look for the good as well. I liked SpongeBob's impressions of his friends. I like some of his reactions to everyone being missing, but that ending made me so angry that I almost gave up on the show altogether. If it weren't for seasons 8 and 9 and their good episodes, I probably wouldn't be on SBM.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
SpongyDevotee said:

Like I said, to each their own. If you like the episode, fine.

I personally didn't find the first nine minutes that great to begin with, and the ending completely overshadows them for me anyway. The ending of an episode is really important because it's going to be your last impression of it. I also believe in looking for the good in any episode, but that doesn't mean I can just forget about the bad. Sometimes the bad stands out more than the good, which is unfortunate, but that's how it is.

It's been a while since I've seen the episode, but to me it didn't look like they were trying to make SpongeBob feel better. It looked like they were basically just telling him to deal with it. And the look on his face is so heart-breaking. The fact that the writers were "trying to be funny" is exactly the problem. I don't find this situation funny at all, but they expect me to. The framing of it is all wrong.

And the whole situation is extremely messed up anyway. I realize that even people you love can get on your nerves. Trust me, there are definitely times where I need a break from my friends, so I get that the BBites might need a break from SpongeBob. But for Heaven's sake, there are better ways of going about it. There was no need to be as cruel as they were being. There was no need to deface SpongeBob, to make him feel like crap, to abandon him for weeks on end. Why did they all need to leave at the same time anyway? I highly doubt SpongeBob annoys everyone in town every single day. That's what makes it so cruel. They're not content with just taking a break from SpongeBob. They need to make a ::dolphin noise:: holiday out of it. That's incredibly mean and unnecessary. If you need to let off steam about someone you love, let off steam, it's healthier than keeping it bottled up, but don't glorify it.

The No Patrick Day thing at the end doesn't make it better for me. I actually found it worse, because I don't think SpongeBob would do that to a friend.

Like I said, if you like it, fine. But I just can't.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
HarryPotterLives said:
Like I said, to each their own. If you like the episode, fine.

I personally didn't find the first nine minutes that great to begin with, and the ending completely overshadows them for me anyway. The ending of an episode is really important because it's going to be your last impression of it. I also believe in looking for the good in any episode, but that doesn't mean I can just forget about the bad. Sometimes the bad stands out more than the good, which is unfortunate, but that's how it is.

It's been a while since I've seen the episode, but to me it didn't look like they were trying to make SpongeBob feel better. It looked like they were basically just telling him to deal with it. And the look on his face is so heart-breaking. The fact that the writers were "trying to be funny" is exactly the problem. I don't find this situation funny at all, but they expect me to. The framing of it is all wrong.

And the whole situation is extremely messed up anyway. I realize that even people you love can get on your nerves. Trust me, there are definitely times where I need a break from my friends, so I get that the BBites might need a break from SpongeBob. But for Heaven's sake, there are better ways of going about it. There was no need to be as cruel as they were being. There was no need to deface SpongeBob, to make him feel like crap, to abandon him for weeks on end. Why did they all need to leave at the same time anyway? I highly doubt SpongeBob annoys everyone in town every single day. That's what makes it so cruel. They're not content with just taking a break from SpongeBob. They need to make a ::dolphin noise::ing holiday out of it. That's incredibly mean and unnecessary. If you need to let off steam about someone you love, let off steam, it's healthier than keeping it bottled up, but don't glorify it.

The No Patrick Day thing at the end doesn't make it better for me. I actually found it worse, because I don't think SpongeBob would do that to a friend.

Like I said, if you like it, fine. But I just can't.

That One Random Boss said:
I like your mentality on the show. I also try to see the good in every episode, but the ending to Gone is something I can never appreciate. It was just too mean-spirited and heartless for me to be able to watch. Both you and HPL are right. Sure they tried making SpongeBob feel better, and they did invite him to No Patrick Day, but like HPL said, what they DID was just plain cruel. National No SpongeBob Day seems more like a hate cult than a simple day break. Burning SpongeBob's effigy was quite possibly the worst part. That is identical to kicking/spitting on a gravestone of a dead friend you cared about. It's truly mean spirited and horribly messed up. And to think that was all added for comedy makes it that much more messed up. Also, the episode itself, while the plot was interesting, was quite boring. SpongeBob losing his sanity was a bit OOC and the ending just killed my love for the show at the time. It caused me to abandon the show until last August. That was almost five years! Like I said, I always look for the good as well. I liked SpongeBob's impressions of his friends. I like some of his reactions to everyone being missing, but that ending made me so angry that I almost gave up on the show altogether. If it weren't for seasons 8 and 9 and their good episodes, I probably wouldn't be on SBM.
Ok, fine you guys. I get ya. You can stay entitled to your opinion. I understand why you might not like the ending, which is alright with me.

I still like the episode a lot, and that will be terrible is someone else's opinions would make me hate an episode.

But you two made some REALLY powerful arguments, and wow.

I don't really think the ending is as bad as you're calling it. Maybe the BBites were thinking that hard enough to realize it was a cruel act.

And SpongeBob attended No Patrick Day because he sees it as a holiday, not because he hates Patrick or anything.

I'm glad that you are really showing your love for SpongeBob, because I love him a lot too. And was SpongeBob unlikable or annoying in the episode in any way, like in episodes such as Boating Buddies? No! That's another reason why I like this episode.

And I liked how the writers came up with a scenario if "what would happen if everyone in Bikini Bottom was gone and SpongeBob was all by himself". And it led to him trying to live on other's lives, then insanity, a reference to "Christine", fear, ect. I thought the plot was great, and not boring at all.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the writers didn't mean to deliberately make the ending that mean-spirited. That's why you should just excuse the ending, and it's not like SpongeBob was in deep depression or anything after this.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Truth or Square and The Great Patty Caper are good. But the point goes to Season 7.
The Clash of Triton is my new least favorite special. Nothing great about it, stupid characters and some other stupid parts.

Season 6: 11 points.
Season 7: 15 points.

Season 7 wins.

Season 6:

Rating: 6.5/10
Best episode: Suction Cup Symphony
Worst episode: Pet or Pests

Season 7:
Rating: 7.25/10
Best episode: Enchanted Tiki Dreams
Worst episode: One Coarse Meal (my least favorite episode in the show)

SpongyDevotee said:
THANK YOU. I used to hate it, but I love it a lot now and label it one of SB's most underrated episodes.

I thought all 3 specials were bad, TBH.

My thoughts on the seasons:

Season 6: Abysmal (1/10)
Season 7: Deplorable (2.5/10)

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
christmasisawesome22 said:
THANK YOU. I used to hate it, but I love it a lot now and label it one of SB's most underrated episodes.
THANK YOU TOO. I'm glad that you also love it. And I do think it's underrated too. I don't see why people hate it, it's a really good episode. And there's nothing wrong with the ending.

The Bikini Bottomites have been "mean" to SpongeBob before. For example: Grandma's Kisses

Just because they're mean to him, doesn't mean the episode's bad.

Back