Season 6 and 7 Comparison

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
EPISODE NINE:
Season 6: Boating Buddies/The Krabby Kronicle
Season 7: A Day Without Tears/Summer Job

You’re not gonna like hearing this, but I actually like Boating Buddies. (audience gasps) Yeah, I know. Looking at the dark side, I did feel a little bad for Squidward here (at least, when he got beaten up by the bully who, strangely, wasn’t Flatts). But, to be fair, BB isn’t even that cruel. In fact, the most mean-spiritedness I got out of it was when Squiddy got beaten by the bully. And how is ALL the abuse Spongebob’s fault? Sure, it was partially his fault that Squidward got sent to Boating School, and he was quite a bit stalkerish, but other than that, he hardly even caused most of Squiddy’s misery. And I’m pretty sure he was all creepy-like because he was EXCITED to have Squidward as a classmate. He didn’t really do anything wrong, here. And plus, this episode did have some good jokes to go with it (the tape recorder scene, as well as Squidward and Mrs. Puff’s interaction involving Spongebob). So, I really don’t think Boating Buddies is exactly AS bad as people think it is.

The Krabby Kronicle was actually a lot more mean-spirited than its sister episode. Not only does it embarrass people and practically damage their lives, we see Krabs become an unlikeable jerk who comes out as some kind of Karma Houdini. Honestly, this episode really could’ve been a really good one, if it hadn’t been for the ending where Krabs could just COUNTERFEIT HIS MONEY! And the plot it uses was actually going good and fluently, too.

Time for the Season 7 episodes! After watching A Day Without Tears recently, I realized that it wasn’t so bad. Sure, it got annoying at some points, but at least it wasn’t annoying like it was in All That Glitters. And the plot was weak, but at least decent enough to keep me entertained (for the most part). And I’m starting to get tired of people yelling “SQUID ABUSE! WHY DO THE WRITERS LOVE TORTURING SQUIDWARD?!” every single time Squidward gets a smidge of bad luck. I mean, come on! So it’s Squidward Abuse if Squidward loses a bet and has to have a slumber party with his adorable, sweet neighbor, who loves him very much and considers him one of his best friends? Oh, please…

As for Summer Job, I never liked it at all. It was really boring and pretty annoying, but what really bothers me is this:

[SIZE=12pt]Mr. Krabs[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]: I think we can work somthing out
Mrs. Puff: Huh? You mean we should go out on a date?
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If Krabs had played along with the conversation (and remembered each other going out once), then Summer Job could’ve actually been a pleasant episode to watch! But then Krabs basically ruins the Krusty Love allusion by saying basically “Yeah yeah, that’s interesting. Now quit babblin’ and get to work.” Well that was a bit unpleasant! And the end, as well as the punchline? “OOH ALL THE NOTE SAID WAS THAT SPONGEBOB WAS JUST TEACHING BOATING SCHOOL IN PRISON EVEN THOUGH THAT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE LOOOLOOLLOL!!!” Crushing and destroying enjoyable plots for the sake of a mean-spirited episode, as well as a lame and ridiculous ending does NOT make for a good episode! I’m starting to feel bad for not putting THIS episode on my original least favorite episode countdown.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Overall, I have to give the point to Season 6, partially because of Boating Buddies, and partially because Summer Job just boils my blood… Just waitin’ for the torches and pitchforks to arrive… [/SIZE]

WINNER: Season 6 (Sorry, Season 7)

Points so far
Season 6: 5 points
Season 7: 4 points

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
- Not Normal was okay, but who could make Krabby Patties with a computer?
- Gone was boring and there was a No-SpongeBob day? How cruel.
- Greasy Buffoons was good. I actually liked the fight, but I think SpongeBob was right about the fat.
- Model Sponge was terrible. SpongeBob thought Mr. Krabs wanted him to leave and later became an actor?

Winner: Season 6

- The Splinter was underrated. I don't really like it, because of the splinter. Patrick didn't helped SpongeBob, which was stupid.
- Slide Whistle Stooges was decent. I liked it, but it's pretty much underrated.
- Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful was decent. I mean it seriously.
- A Pal For Gary was horrible. SpongeBob was pretty much out-of-character.

- A Life In A Day wasn't good at all. Patrick wanted to be like Larry, then SpongeBob found a dangerous place to be like Larry.
- Sun Bleached was terrible. It was plot-less.
- Yours, Mine, and Mine wasn't the greatest. Patrick was out-of-character.
- Kracked Krabs was one of the best post-movie episodes. I liked SpongeBob's and Mr. Krabs' character.

Winner: Season 7

- Giant Squidward was decent. But I find it weird how Squidward became normal again with a huge clarinet. o_o
- No Nose Knows was okay and not that gross. But I was a little disappointed that Patrick's nose was gone.
- The Curse of Bikini Bottom had a weird plot. Why SpongeBob and Patrick wanted to be ghosts for no reason?
- Squidward In Clarinetland was decent. I liked the locker and the Squid Abuse. The bird creeped me out at first. o_o

- Patty Caper was okay, but Mr. Krabs just lied to SpongeBob. Why? Just why?
- Plankton’s Regular wasn't the greatest. Nat just lied to Plankton and disliked the Krabby Patties. Weird...
- Back To The Past was good, but too much SpongeBob and Patrick in those boxes.
- The Bad Guy Club For Villains was decent. I don't what should I say anything else for this.

- Boating Buddies was good and annoying at the same time. SpongeBob annoyed Squidward, but overall, it wasn't bad.
- The Krabby Kronicle was decent. But SpongeBob was tired of doing newspapers.
- A Day Without Tears was horrible. Squidward was a jerk in this episode.
- Summer Job was also bad. It was completely annoying.

Season 6: 6 points.
Season 7: 3 points.

I chose season 6 pairing. In my opinion, Boating Buddies/The Krabby Kronicle is better than A Day Without Tears/Summer Job pairing. Summer Job is not bad as many people says but It's still a mediocre episode. A Day Without Tears is so underrated and I thought this episode was good but It wasn't a great episode. Boating Buddies is bad but It has some funny parts like chocolate rain joke. The Krabby Kronicle saves the pairing. I liked the plot and there were some funny parts in this episode. Sure, It has SpongeBob abuse and I hated Mr. Krabs too but thanks to SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs got what he deserved. Although I hated the part when Mr. Krabs counterfeit his money. The ending was hilarious.

Season 7 - 8
Season 6 - 1

I can't catch up...

I decided to change a point to season 7 for GB/MS

So: 6: 3 7: 1

A Life in a Day/Sun Bleached are both really good. Granted, the ending of SB was disappointing, but I loved it. I love Kracked Krabs and it makes season 7 win, despite it's horrible partner.

6: 3
7: 2 (oh

The Curse of Bikini Bottom is boring and unfunny, to be honest. I never laughed. SIC is very weird... and not in a good way. GS/NNK both suck more, though.

So far:
7: 3

Patty Caper and Plankton's Regular are both in my bottom 60, so... The two MM&BB episodes were awesome.

7: 4

Boating Buddies... my goodness... I hate it so much. TKK is awesome. Krabs is a jerk, but I still love it. ADWT and SJ are in my bottom 60, so...

So far:

7: 5 (Yes, I find 7 better than 6)

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
EPISODE TEN:
Season 6: The Slumber Party/Grooming Gary
Season 7: One Coarse Meal/Gary In Love

I actually think that The Slumber Party is pretty neat! Okay, I didn’t like how Krabs acted towards Pearl, and I didn’t really enjoy Pearl’s brattiness. But I did like a lot of the humor in this episode (A man has to work hard all week, and keep his pants off all weekend!), and I’m not exactly sure why, but I loved the scene where Spongebob absorbs all the rootbeer and acts like a party monster, unintentionally imitating the zombie from the horror movie Pearl and her friends are watching.

Grooming Gary is also an underrated episode. I really don’t mind that it’s not all that funny (humor isn’t everything), but I liked the moral it’s centered on. I liked that it was trying to make a point about how animals wouldn’t like to be treated like dress-up dolls (like us), and I’m happy to see that Spongebob realized that he was mistreating Gary and felt bad for it. Also, Doggy Patrick FTW!

Okay, I think I already told my thoughts about One Coarse Meal, so I’ll just make this brief. This is my second least favorite episode of the entire series, and it’s pretty obvious why! This episode is confusing, mean-spirited, horribly abusive, sadistic, and has sympathetic characters (namely Mr. Krabs) destroyed. Mr. Krabs LAUGHING at Planky-poo’s suicide attempt? Really? That’s just utterly cruel. It’s actually kind of sad when you realize that they were friends once. Mr. Krabs’ intentions were so sadistic and cruel, that I can’t see how we’re supposed to side with him after this! I cannot and will not feel sorry for Mr. Krabs at this point because, he pretty much lost all of my respect here.

Well, Gary In Love is at least an improvement on OCM. I thought it was a really cute episode, and one of the best Gary episodes ever! Even if it was a bit cliché, I thought it was really sweet. It was definitely a perfect Valentine’s Day episode, along with Tunnel of Glove and Love That Squid (but we’ll get to that later).

Okay, since I enjoy both The Slumber Party and Grooming Gary, and since I hate One Coarse Meal with a passion, Season 6 wins again!

EPISODE ELEVEN:
Season 6: Porous Pockets/Choir Boys
Season 7: The Play’s The Thing/Rodeo Daze

Although I didn’t like Spongebob’s attitude in Porous Pockets, that is what power and wealth can do to you. You can be a very nice person, but once you gain all the power, wealth, and royalty you can get, you are prone to become an arrogant jerk who cares little for others. A perfect example being Rule of Dumb! Patrick became a king, and he became selfish as well. I actually liked this episode because, like Grooming Gary, it’s being made to make a point and serve a moral. And at least Spongebob apologized in the end.

Choir Boys: Oh… THIS episode! Okay, I’m not sure whoever thought this was a good idea, but seriously! What the heck went through the writers’ heads when they made this? It’s just another darn Squidward Torture Fest! And this time, Spongebob acts so… creepy. Oh god, that face! Get it out of my head!!

To be fair, I actually find The Play’s The Thing to be rather, mediocre than straight up bad. And I’ve actually never thought of it as a rip-off of Culture Shock before I saw HPL’s review of it! Seeing it again, it feels like the Season 7 version of CS, just more boring. And people hate this one because of *sigh*… Squid Abuse. Okay he was being rude to the audience for god’s sakes! This IS a DINNER theater, they wanted food, but Squidward pretty much said “Shut the heck up and sit down”. I mean, this episode isn’t very good, but people should really stop feeling so sorry for Squidward every time something bad happens to him (wanna read my Boating Buddies review again?)! Overall, this episode was boring, and it was a complete rip-off of CS, and the writers really could’ve done something better than that. But honestly, the Squid Abuse in here wasn’t that sadistic. [SIZE=8pt]Interesting that people don’t seem to point out the SPONGEBOB ABUSE here![/SIZE]

I really REALLY hate Rodeo Daze. It’s not really because it was lackluster and boring, but how MEAN this episode is! When Spongebob tries to tell the other Bikini Bottomites that Sandy’s in trouble (which she’s not), none of them give a darn! They either just brush it off, run away, or pretend she doesn’t even exist. That’s not funny, that’s actually kind of heartless! I mean, they used to actually care about each other (talking about all the citizens except the MAIN group), but now they seem to be really hateful or uncaring towards others, as shown here, in Giant Squidward, Someone’s in the Kitchen With Sandy, and Stuck In The Wringer. Not only is this episode unfunny and boring, as the ending is a ripoff of another episode (Pressure), it’s just horribly mean-spirited and unsympathetic towards one of my better characters! Though, I can admit there were good moments like seeing Texan Sandy (Good! Keep it up!) and the song was good, but I still can’t bring myself to watch it again, considering the fact that it’s so mean-spirited.

So, in my opinion, Season 6 wins again, since I enjoy Porous Pockets very much, and Choir Boys isn’t as bad as I used to feel (I replace Number 12 with a tie between Tentacle-Vision and Rodeo Daze). PP beats TPTT and Rodeo Daze by a long shot!

EPISODE TWELVE:
Season 6: Krusty Krushers/The Card
Season 7: Grandma’s Secret Recipe/The Cent of Money

Next we have Krusty Krushers and The Card. KK was actually really cool. While I did get annoyed by Spongebob and Patrick’s obliviousness towards the wrestlers, their innocence and playfulness was actually kind of funny. Though the ending wasn’t the best. The Card, however, was much worse. Seriously, it’s just a completely dumb episode where Patrick acts like a total dumbo and destroys Spongebob’s precious card! And the ending was no better. I mean, come on! If Patrick had the four leftover Card 54s, then why the heck didn’t he tell that to Spongebob EARLIER? My god, what a copout!

Grandma’s Secret Recipe was alright. It’s not something I’d go out of my way to watch again, but at least it has its funny moments. Though, I wish that the writers wouldn’t use the same scenario over and over (they did Imitation Krabs and Someone’s In The Kitchen With Sandy already, sheesh!). The Cent of Money, however, was horrible. Okay, it’s not A Pal For Gary horrible, but it’s still horrible! I mean, Gary is obviously suffering, which is heartbreaking to watch, and Krabs pretty much says “You look fine to me! (after seeing Gary in bad shape)” and “Quit actin’ like a baby!”. It’s like the writers are TRYING to suck the likeability out of Mr. Krabs, a character that was once my FAVORITE (until One Coarse Meal showed up, ugh…)! At least Krabs gets what he deserves in the end. And I was happy to see Spongebob care for Gary and actually stand up to his boss! That was kind of cool.

This is actually somewhat hard to choose. We got a bad episode paired with a good episode in BOTH seasons! Hmmm, I think I’ll go with Season 7 this time, since I really like GSR, and TCOM has its redeeming qualities as well.

Points so far
Season 6: 7 points
Season 7: 5 points

We have reached the Legends of Bikini Bottom Miniseries! Tomorrow, I will post the comparison for each episode pair, one at a time, to keep the suspense going.

10. Season 6 wins, because, despite two horrible episodes, OCM is worse. GIL is okay.
Season 6: 4 points
Season 7: 5 points

11. PP/CB are both bad. TPTT/RD are bad to, but not as bad as the season 6 one.
Season 6: 4 points
Season 7: 6 points
12. KK is great but the card is boring. GSR is OK, but TCOM is awful.

Season 6: 5 points

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
AH I NEED TO CATCH UP!!

Okay, I'll try to make this quick.

Boating Buddies is bad, but far from the worst thing out there. I actually really like The Krabby Kronicle and I don't find it mean-spirited. Everything that happened ties into a moral. I do hate how it ends, but I'm fine with everything else.

A Day Without Tears is meh, and people definitely need to stop shouting "SQUID ABUSE OMG!" at every little thing. For God's sake, I'd consider ADWT a SpongeBob Abuse episode before I'd consider it a Squid Abuse episode. Though I don't consider it SB Abuse either. Summer Job is really bad, and the Kruff reference was handled weirdly.

Winner is Season 6, I guess.

I liked The Slumber Party more than I though I would. I don't like how it ends, but everything else was actually quite funny and I like the idea. Grooming Gary is meh. Feels like a more boring version of The Great Snail Race.

One Coarse Meal is my least favorite episode. I don't think I need to say more. Gary in Love is cute, but not something I'd go out of my way to see again. I do love those snails that talk like Italian mobsters, though.

Winner is Season 6, I guess.

Porous Pockets is okay. I like the moral and I liked how surprisingly smart Patrick was, but it's quite boring. Choir Boys... just no.

The Play's the Thing isn't great, it's barely good, but I actually prefer it over Culture Shock, oddly enough. I find it more tolerable for some reason. Rodeo Daze is like the Dear Vikings of Season 7. Bland, empty and forgettable. I do like Sandy's rodeo song, though. It's so catchy.

It's really tough, but I think I'll go with Season 7?

Krusty Krushers and The Card are both just okay. SpongeBob's over-protectiveness for the card reminds me of how over-protective I am of my books.

I don't like Gramma's Secret Recipe or The Cent of Money. GSR is unoriginal and uninspired and The Cent of Money has too much Gary Abuse for me to stomach.

Winner is Season 6.

I choose a season 6 pairing. The Slumber Party was actually good and I think Grooming Gary is underrated and very entertaining episode. Sure, It ripped off The Great Snail Race but It's still a great episode. Also I don't consider GG and TGSR as Gary abuse episodes. I really love Gary in Love a lot and It's one of the better Gary episodes in pre-movie era in my opnion but One Coarse Meal ruined the pairing. By the way, Pets or Pests used to be my least favorite SpongeBob episode until I watched OCM again. Now OCM is my least favorite SpongeBob episode and Pets or Pests is the second worst.

Porous Pockets is actually one of my favorite season 6 episodes. Sure, SpongeBob was a jerk after he got lot of money but later he lost all of his Money and he apoligized to Patrick at the end. Also I laughed at some parts in this episode and the plot was orijinal in my opinion. To be honest, I kinda like Choir Boys. Sure, It's a Squid abuse episode but I actually laughed at some parts in this episode. Also to be honest, I liked SpongeBob's voice in this episode. To be honest, I thought TPTT was a great episode and I kinda like Rodeo Daze too but I choose season 6 pairing again because I love Porous Pockets.

Krusty Krusher is also one of my favorite season 6 episodes and The Card was a decent episode in my opinion. Sorry HPL but I actually like Grandma's Secret Recipe but I hate The Cent of Money and that episode ruins the pairing. At least It's way better than Penny Foolish, Plankton's Regular and One Coase Meal because I liked that SpongeBob stand up to Mr. Krabs and cared for Gary in this episode (wow, he didn't care for Gary in A Pal for Gary. I think the writers made up for SpongeBob's character in A Pal for Gary) and Mr. Krabs got what he desvered at the end of this episode. I choose season 6 pairing.

Season 6 - 4 (Not bad season 6, not bad)
Season 7 - 8

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
squidwardisawesome22 said:
Sometimes I feel when people do that, they're pointing fingers at ME.
Okay, people also need to stop thinking that they're always being singled out. :P

I kid, I kid. I wasn't directing that toward you or anyone in particular, it's just something I've seen a lot of people do.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Looks like we’re halfway there, starting with the mysterious Legends of Bikini Bottom!

EPISODE THIRTEEN:
Season 6: Dear Vikings/Ditchin’
Season 7: The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom/Welcome to The Bikini Bottom Triangle

Okay, why on Earth is Dear Vikings one of the ultimate WORST episodes of all time? Seriously! I’d like to know! What exactly is so darn horrible about it that it’s so deserving of being in the Bottom FIVE, or even Ten? Sure, it’s pretty mediocre, and the plot is all over the place. But I can’t really see what’s so ghastly about it. It doesn’t have character abuse. There’s NO gross-out jokes. There’s no mean-spirited treatment here. Honestly, I have no hate for it. Heck, I just saw it recently and I have actually come to like it a little! I did chuckle a couple times, and I liked the end, mostly for Spongebob’s bravery. I respect opinions, but it baffles me how so many people hate this one so much, when they could hate on… others….

559_thumb.jpg

553_thumb.jpg

35_thumb.jpg

531_thumb.jpg

37_thumb.jpg

2_thumb.jpg

2_thumb.jpg
(There, I said it!)

Ditchin’ was actually not that bad either. It actually does handle a moral pretty well (somewhat), and I did like the plot a little. It’s still not as good as Hooky, though. I liked TMWCTBB. I actually didn’t expect a giant monster to turn out with the mind of a toddler! It was a bit dull at times, but I thought it was kind of cute, in a monstrous way!

I’m really not too fond of WTTBBT. I thought the premise of it was a bit interesting (a group a mermaids sing a song, summoning a mist to take possessions to a mysterious island), but it was executed poorly. It would’ve done good if it was like SB-129 or Squidward in Clarinetland, where the episode was creepy or dark. I mean, really! They’ve already got the mysterious mermaid song and the creepy mist, keep bringing the creepy! If they had at least kept the eeriness and dark imagery, then this could’ve actually been one of the darker (and better) Spongebob Episodes of Season 7. But they went with a vacuum cleaner in the sky? REALLY?! And “oooh yay we get to go to the mall!”, and that’s how the conflict is resolved. Honestly, I was hoping for an actually decent, creepy episode, with the island being a little like a creepy forest, instead of a big junkyard.

Well, which season do I think should get the token, here? I personally think Season 6 wins here. Although I enjoyed the Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom, Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle was pretty disappointing. And plus, Dear Vikings and Ditchin’ are actually pretty decent for Season 6. Though I wonder, how the heck did DEAR VIKINGS get nominated for an EMMY AWARD?! This is probably gonna start a riot!

Points so far
Season 6: 7 points

Season 6: Dear Vikings is in my bottom 10. Ditchin' is alright, but can't save the pair.

Season 7: Both are mediocre.

Winner is season 6.

Season 6: 6 points

Oh boy, a tie... This is interesting on my part.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Dear Vikings is mediocre. That's it. Same with Ditchin'. Actually, I can barely remember Ditchin'.

TMWCTBB (Jesus that's a long acronym) is cliche, but I suppose it was all right. I do remember chuckling here and there and Patrick's relationship with the monster was pretty cute. I was expecting a lot from WTTBBT. I was hoping for something like SIC or SB-129, something eerie and full of wtf-worthy imagery. Instead I got a mediocre episode.

Neither episode pair is that great. Give the point to Season 7, I guess.

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
SB_DW_Fan said:
Once again I choose season 7 pairing. In my opinion Growth Spout/Stuck In The Wringer is better pairing than Penny Foolish/Nautical Novice. Growth Spout is decent, so does NN. I rated both of them 7/10. Penny Foolish is horrible, so does SITW but in my opinion SITW has more funny parts than Penny Foolish.

In my opinion, Someone’s In The Kitchen With Sandy/The Inside Job pairing is better than Spongicus/CSC. CSC is great but kinda overrated. Spongicus is mediocre in my opinion. To be honest, SITKWS was okay. I know It was gross and It has Sandy abuse but It has some funny moments in my opinion. The Inside Job is just perfect and It's one of the best season 7 episodes and that's why I choose season 7. Also I don't think The Inside Job rips-offs "Plankton!" episode.

Season 7 - 3
Season 6 - 0
Is sandy abuse a thing now!? Come on people! First I didn't like squid abuse, now theres this...anyways...

I actually prefer season 6 to 7. At first I disliked it but only because I was comparing it to the golden era of season 2 and 3. But it's such a gross goldmine, and I LOVE THE GROSS EPISODES, I get a sick thrill out of it I suppose haha.

Back