Season 3 was hated when it first came out

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
According to this forum from 2005, when shell of a man and fear of a krabby patty came out. People were pointing out how these new episode are a step up from season 3. Nowadays season 3 is seen as the golden boy of the show, despite the last few episodes of the season being mediocre:

Here's more:

Last edited:

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
I...wouldn't make a judgement like that based off of people's thoughts on one internet forum of one pair of Season 4 episodes. I know what a joke TV.com is now, but back then, they were notoriously critical of the later seasons, even Season 4. Their reaction to the first episodes of Season 4 was widely mixed.

http://www.tv.com/shows/spongebob-squarepants/fear-of-a-krabby-patty-shell-of-a-man-415864/reviews/3

Again, I know, it's TV.com. But it proves that you can't make a generalization like that only going off of one source.

Sealand

Imitation Krab
The show already had bad episodes before the 2004 movie.

SG-17

Imitation Krab
Weren't those two episodes produced with the bulk of the season 3 episodes and just not aired until later as part of season 4?

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
Weren't those two episodes produced with the bulk of the season 3 episodes and just not aired until later as part of season 4?
That was debunked by Vincent Waller years ago.

Cykamp

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Back