6. As Seen on TV
5. Just One Bite
4. Chocolate with Nuts
3. Nasty Patty
2. Krusty Krab Training Video
1. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler

Season 3 Score: 4.11 (Great)

Thoughts:
Season 3 is my favourite season of the show. Although I recommended 2 to watch first, I consider 3 the better season. Simply, it had more and better amazing episodes, the comedy here is perfected, the characters (aside from Krabs who’s becoming a bit more money-centric) are in top form, but you can tell by the end, it is a bit worse, you can tell the crew is running out of ideas, I love I Had an Accident, but it reeks of ‘we have no idea what we’re doing anymore’, so I’m glad the old crew stopped here, or else the next season might’ve been weaker than the actual season 4.

PRE-MOVIE SERIES RANKING:
Season 3 (
4.11)
Season 2 (
3.95)
Season 1 (
3.63)

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Bad (1/5)
37. The Great Snail Race

Average (2/5)
36. Party Pooper Pants
35. The Sponge Who Could Fly

Good (3/5)
34. Club SpongeBob
33. Squilliam Returns
32. New Student Starfish
31. Pranks a Lot
30. Born Again Krabs
29. Krabby Land
28. Ugh

Great (4/5)
27. Missing Identity
26. Rock-a-Bye Bivalve
25. SpongeGuard on Duty
24. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV
23. The Bully
22. Mid-Life Crustacean
21. Plankton’s Army
20. Doing Time
19. My Pretty Seahorse

Amazing (5/5)
18. No Weenies Allowed
17. Snowball Effect
16. Clams
15. Idiot Box
14. The Algae’s Always Greener
13. Wet Painters
12. The Camping Episode
11. Can You Spare a Dime?
10. I Had an Accident
9. One Krab’s Trash
8. Krab Borg
7. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
6. As Seen on TV
5. Just One Bite
4. Chocolate with Nuts
3. Nasty Patty
2. Krusty Krab Training Video
1. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler

Season 3 Score: 4.11 (Great)

Thoughts:
Season 3 is my favourite season of the show. Although I recommended 2 to watch first, I consider 3 the better season. Simply, it had more and better amazing episodes, the comedy here is perfected, the characters (aside from Krabs who’s becoming a bit more money-centric) are in top form, but you can tell by the end, it is a bit worse, you can tell the crew is running out of ideas, I love I Had an Accident, but it reeks of ‘we have no idea what we’re doing anymore’, so I’m glad the old crew stopped here, or else the next season might’ve been weaker than the actual season 4.

PRE-MOVIE SERIES RANKING:
Season 3 (
4.11)
Season 2 (
3.95)
Season 1 (
3.63)
Good review of S3. I never thought about I had an Accident that way. Yeah thinking back on it, it does come across that way a little. The premise/story is quite odd for the show and the ending is very odd. At least it still ended up great though

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
The Algaes always Greener: Amazing!
SpongeGuard On Duty: Okay
Club SpongeBob: Meh
My Pretty Seahorse: Delightful
Just One Bite: Amazing!
The Bully: Bad
Nasty Patty: Bad
Idiot Box: Perfect
MMABBIV: Meh
Doing Time: Great
Snowball Effect: Great
One Trash Krabs: Good
As Seen On TV: Bad
Can you Spare a Dime?: Good
No Weenies Allowed: Golden
Squlliam Returns: Amazing!
Krab Borg: Amazing!
Rock a bye Bivalve: Okay
Wet Painters: Amazing!
KKTV: Astonishing
Party Pooper Pants: Sucky
Chocolate with Nuts: Amazing!
MMABBV: Perfect
New Student Starfish: Meh
Clams: Bad
Ugh: Great
The Great Snail Race: Great
Mid-Life Crustacean: Great
Born Again Krabs: Meh
I Had an Accident: Great
Krabby Land: Sucky
The Camping Episode: Amazing!
Missing Identity: Bad
Planktons Army: Amazing!
TSWCF: Okay
SBMTS: Amazing!
Pranks A Lot: Good

Additional Thoughts of Season 3 (Opinion: Amazing!): Great season had some meh ones and bad ones but i like this season

Last edited:

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
BAD
37. Party Pooper Pants
36. The Sponge Who Could Fly
35. The Great Snail Race
34. Born Again Krabs
MEDIOCRE
33. Krabby Land
ALRIGHT
32. Missing Identity
31. As Seen on TV
30. SpongeGuard on Duty
DECENT
29. Club Spongebob
28. My Pretty Seahorse
27. New Student starfish
GOOD
26. Squilliam Returns
25. Doing Time
24. Clams
23. Mid-Life Crustacean
22. I Had an Accident
21. Plankton's Army
20. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve
19. Snowball Effect
GREAT
18. One Krab's Trash
17. Nasty Patty
16. No Weenies Allowed
15. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV
14. Spongebob Meets the Strangler
13. Krab Borg
12. The Bully
11. The Algae's Always Greener
GOLDEN
10. Pranks a Lot
9. Just One Bite
8. Idiot Box
7. Ugh
6. The Camping Episode
5. Krusty Krab Training Video
4. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V
3. Chocolate with Nuts
2. Wet Painters
PERFECT
1. Can You Spare a Dime?

This truly is a great season. I know I said before that Season 2 was the peak of Spongebob content, but I think this one comes at a really close second. There are tons of fantastic episodes in its lineup, and I believe that the ways it tried to tie the ends of long-winded conflicts that the pre-movie era had started, such as Plankton figuring out the secret formula, and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's relationship, all felt natural and made the season feel more special than it would've been. I would also consider this to be the funniest season, with almost every episode making me laugh in someway. Really the only problem that I have with the season is that the last batch of episodes felt pretty underwhelming in comparison to everything else. Sometimes it was because of dull stories that didn't have enough comedy to make up for it, and sometimes it was because of pretty dumb resolutions, but I believe the biggest factor of the last chunk of Season 3's lineup is that the characters felt less likeable; Mr. Krabs specifically. I really didn't like his behavior in "Born Again Krabs" and "Krabby land". It showed the more cheap and desperate side of a character that felt well-rounded. In all fairness, Mr. Krabs has always cared about money, so i'm not too upset about his slight change in character, but it still doesn't excuse my opinion that he kinda got screwed up pretty badly.

Last edited:

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I am gonna use a new format

Terrible:
Krabby Land

Bad:
Party Pooper Pants
As Seen on TV
The Bully
Nasty Patty
Clams
Missing Idenity

Meh:
The Sponge Who Could Fly
Club SpongeBob

Okay:
Rock-a-Bye Bivavle
New Student Starfish
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV
SpongeGuard On Duty
Born Again Krabs

Good:
Plankton's Army
Can You Spare a Dime?
Pranks A Lot
Mid-Life Crustacean
I Had an Accident
The Great Snail Race
Ugh
My Pretty Seahorse
Krusty Krab Training Video
Wet Painters
Squlliam Returns
Doing Time
Snowball Effect
One Krabs Trash

Amazing:
Idiot Box
Just One Bite
The Algaes Always Greener
SBSP Meets The Strangler
Chocolate With Nuts
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V
The Camping Episode

PERFECT:
No Weenies Allowed
Krab Borg

Final Rating: Great

Best Episode: Krab Borg
Worst Episode: Krabby Land

Additional Thoughts:

Krabby Land: This one is easily the worst Pre-movie era episode for me. Nothing about this episode was very funny. But at least Mr. Krabs gets the karma he deserves at the end.

Rock-a-bye Bivavle: Honestly i really wish i liked this episode more. SpongeBob and Patrick good and all but it was boring and had some flat jokes but the overtime joke was pretty funny.

Krab Borg: My favorite this season was formerly No Weenies Allowed but i rewatched this one many times to find it better! THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE ON THIS SEASON! This one has many funny jokes and it spawned many YTP videos but that ending could have been better...

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
BAD
37. Party Pooper Pants
35. The Great Snail Race
34. Born Again Krabs
MEDIOCRE
33. Krabby Land
ALRIGHT
32. Missing Identity
31. As Seen on TV
30. SpongeGuard on Duty
DECENT

29. Club Spongebob
28. My Pretty Seahorse
27. New Student starfish
GOOD
26. Squilliam Returns
25. Doing Time
24. Clams
23. Mid-Life Crustacean
22. I Had an Accident
21. Plankton's Army
20. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve
19. Snowball Effect
GREAT
18. One Krab's Trash
17. Nasty Patty
16. No Weenies Allowed
13. Krab Borg
12. The Bully
GOLDEN
10. Pranks a Lot
9. Just One Bite
8. Idiot Box
7. Ugh
6. The Camping Episode
3. Chocolate with Nuts
2. Wet Painters
PERFECT
1. Can You Spare a Dime?

So, season 3. The most critically acclaimed season of them all. I know a lot of you might be surprised to hear, but I don't think this season is that amazing. I believe it started off really strong, but as more episodes premiered it became more and more dull. The stories told became less interesting, there were fewer jokes to balance, and the characters became more and more flanderized, most notably Mr. Krabs; he turned from a skillful and adventurous boss figure to a tightwad with his only motivation being money. It's a common complaint that you'll hear being said about the more recent seasons of the show, but out of all the pre-movie seasons, Season 3 featured the worst of Mr. Krabs' appearances. That being said, I do really enjoy the season. I think it's very funny, with tons of classic episodes to revisit. I just kinda wish the old writers left the season with a bang instead of just running out of steam towards the end of the tunnel.
Finally someone else who agrees with me that SpongeGuard on Duty was okay!

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
BAD
37. Party Pooper Pants
35. The Great Snail Race
34. Born Again Krabs
MEDIOCRE
33. Krabby Land
ALRIGHT
32. Missing Identity
31. As Seen on TV
30. SpongeGuard on Duty
DECENT
29. Club Spongebob
28. My Pretty Seahorse
27. New Student starfish
GOOD
26. Squilliam Returns
25. Doing Time
24. Clams
23. Mid-Life Crustacean
22. I Had an Accident
21. Plankton's Army
20. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve
19. Snowball Effect
GREAT
18. One Krab's Trash
17. Nasty Patty
16. No Weenies Allowed
13. Krab Borg
12. The Bully
GOLDEN
10. Pranks a Lot
9. Just One Bite
8. Idiot Box
7. Ugh
6. The Camping Episode
3. Chocolate with Nuts
2. Wet Painters
PERFECT
1. Can You Spare a Dime?

So, season 3. The most critically acclaimed season of them all. I know a lot of you might be surprised to hear, but I don't think this season is that amazing. I believe it started off really strong, but as more episodes premiered it became more and more dull. The stories told became less interesting, there were fewer jokes to balance, and the characters became more and more flanderized, most notably Mr. Krabs; he turned from a skillful and adventurous boss figure to a tightwad with his only motivation being money. It's a common complaint that you'll hear being said about the more recent seasons of the show, but out of all the pre-movie seasons, Season 3 featured the worst of Mr. Krabs' appearances. That being said, I do really enjoy the season. I think it's very funny, with tons of classic episodes to revisit. I just kinda wish the old writers left the season with a bang instead of just running out of steam towards the end of the tunnel.
wow you ranted on this season on this season nonstop and barely pointed out any positives of it and have the audacity to praise season 2 nonstop and barely point out no flaws in it wow I hate to bother you because you seem like a nice member but you piss me off so much tbh with your hypocrisy

Last edited:

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
wow you ranted on this season on this season nonstop and barely pointed out any positives of it and have the audacity to praise season 2 nonstop and barely point out no flaws in it wow I hate to bother you because you seem like a nice member but you piss me off so much tbh with your hypocrisy
You know what, you're right, I was being a little too harsh on season 3, but I just wanted to point out that it does have a couple flaws. There are still some really fantastic episodes in there, and I do still genuinely love the season, but it's not perfect. If you want i can edit my final thoughts on the season to make it less negative

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
You know what, you're right, I was being a little too harsh on season 3, but I just wanted to point out that it does have a couple flaws. There are still some really fantastic episodes in there, and I do still genuinely love the season, but it's not perfect. If you want i can edit my final thoughts on the season to make it less negative
I’d suggest you do that cuz you sounded pretty negative in this review than in your seasons 1 and 2 review FYI season 3 is my favorite season but I don’t think it’s perfect even it has a few flaws same with season 2 but I still love those seasons and I will always say positive things about them first

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I’d suggest you do that cuz you sounded pretty negative in this review than in your seasons 1 and 2 review FYI season 3 is my favorite season but I don’t think it’s perfect even it has a few flaws same with season 2 but I still love those seasons and I will always say positive things about them first
Okay then i'll do it

PoliticalPatrick

Imitation Krab
1658086684034.png
  • Season 3 is amazing, just like Season 2! Though I must say, even though it has the most 10/10s, it also has the most 5/10 and below episodes. (So far.) But it's only 3, so not bad at all!
  • Again, much like Season 2, the 9/10 episodes were extremely close to being 10/10s. But again, I just didn't want to clog up the top spot. The Camping Episode, One Krabs Trash and Snowball Effect in particular I didn't want to leave out of the 10/10 group, but I had to make the call somewhere.
  • All of the 7/10 episodes are good, but I find them a lot more forgettable than the ones above.
  • I'll be honest, I'm split on how I feel. Season 3 has more 10/10 episodes, but the Season 2 ones are instant classics... I think they're equal.
  • Season 3 = Season 2

Squidwardspal

Part Computer or Something
Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 4.37.05 PM.png
Heres my ranking of the season 3 episodes

As a whole I give season 3 a 9.6/10

For me this season is especially enjoyable because it has all the funniest moments from Mr Krabs (my favorite character) and I think if episodes such as "Mid-Life Crustacean", "Krab Borg", "Krabby Land", and "One Krabs Trash" didn't exist, Mr Krabs probably wouldn't be my favorite. This is the funniest season for sure with the best jokes and the best plots.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
With this month coming to an end, it's time to talk about season 3! And there is much to discuss, so check out my overview after the ratings!

The Algae's Always Greener: 9/10
SpongeGuard on Duty: 6.5/10
Club SpongeBob: 9.3/10
My Pretty Seahorse: 7/10
Just One Bite: 9/10
The Bully: 7.8/10
Nasty Patty: 9.5/10
Idiot Box: 9.3/10
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV: 7.3/10
Doing Time: 9/10
Snowball Effect: 9/10
One Krabs Trash: 8.5/10
As Seen on TV: 7.5/10
Can You Spare a Dime: 9.9/10
No Weenies Allowed: 9.3/10
Squilliam Returns: 9/10
Krab Borg: 9.2/10
Rock-a-Bye Bivalve: 8.8/10
Wet Painters: 8.9/10
Krusty Krab Training Video: 10/10 (the GOAT)
Party Pooper Pants: 5.3/10
Chocolate With Nuts: 9.8/10
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V: 9/10
New Student Starfish: 7.2/10
Clams: 9.3/10
Ugh: 8.5/10
The Great Snail Race: 8/10
Mid-Life Crustacean: 8/10
Born Again Krabs: 8.5/10
I Had an Accident: 9/10
Krabby Land: 8.7/10
The Camping Episode: 8.5/10
Missing Identity: 7.8/10
Plankton's Army: 7.8/10
The Sponge Who Could Fly: 5/10
SppngeBob Meets The Strangler: 9.4/10
Pranks A Lot: 8.3/10

Top 5:
5. SpongeBob Meets The Strangler
4. Nasty Patty
3. Chocolate With Nuts
2. Can You Spare A Dime?
1. Krusty Krab Training Video

Bottom 5:
5. New Student Starfish
4. My Pretty Seahorse
3. SpongeGuard On Duty
2. Party Pooper Pants
1. The Sponge Who Could Fly

Additional Comments:
Season 3 is, in my opinion, the best season of SpongeBob SquarePants. This is pretty much fitting with the popular consensus that seasons 2 and 3 are the best, with the supporters of both seasons being split pretty evenly as far as I know. For as much as I hate certain popular conceptions around this show, I have to admit this is one of those conceptions that I take no issue with, because season 3 definitely deserves its praise. Firstly, season 3 has not only one, not only two, but THREE of my favorite episodes of all time. That right there is enough for me to consider this season one of the best. In general, I find myself enjoying the episodes in season 3 more than season 2, which is why I say that season 3 is better. If season 2 is where the show really came into itself, then season 3 is when the creators were at their most comfortable, yet also their most adventurous up to this point. Because season 3 has some weird episodes. Perhaps nothing quite like what we’ll be seeing in the future, but there was still plenty of experimentation here.

There really is no overstating just how close season 2 and season 3 are in terms of quality. Season 2 actually has one more “Amazing”-tier episode and one more “Great”-tier episode than season 3. Additionally, my average episode rating for season 2 was 8.3/10, while for season 3 it was 8.4/10.

And it is here that we reach the end of what has been considered by many to be the “classic era of SpongeBob”. And although I am a SpongeBob SquarePants defender through and through (you will never be hearing era slander from me), I do see seasons 1-3 as their own era. Or, well, I actually feel like season 1 is it’s own thing, because it has way different vibes to every other season. Seasons 2-3 feel very close together. However, I’m also not extremely convinced that season 4 is that different to season 3. “Classic SpongeBob fans” love to say that the show dipped in quality the second season 4 started to air, but frankly I think things were a lot more gradual than that. Because let’s be real for a second. The last third of season 3 was lowkey weaker than the rest of the season, and much of season 4 feels like season 3. There isn’t as clean of a line here as we think. But that’s all discussion I can get into once I finish season 4.

I can't believe I've managed to stick with these reviews all the way through season 3! And I have no intention on stopping. All I know is that it's going to get harder from here lol, with these next seasons having even more episode segments. Also, February having 28 days is going to make season 4 a real challenge, but I believe that I can do it. I won't compromise review quality for speed though. But whatever, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Until the next review!

Back