Season 2 or season 3? Which one is better?

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Season 2 is winning this showdown so far, but there's still way to go.

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
BREAKING NEWS:
I realize this showdown between two generally good seasons may be not that interesting, but after finishing this one I'm going to make another one between two random seasons, in order to make it more unique.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Okey-dokey, I'm just gonna give my thoughts/ratings anyway
21V41 Winner- Season 2
22V42 Winner- Season 3
23V43 Winner- Season 2
24V44 Winner- Season 3
25V45 Winner- Season 2
26V46 Winner- Season 2
27V47 Winner- Season 3
28V48 Winner- Season 2
29V49 Winner- Season 3
30V50 Winner- Season 3
31V51 Winner- Season 2
32V52 Winner- Season 3
33V53 Winner- Season 2
34V54 Winner- Season 2
35V55 Winner- Season 2
36V56 Winner- Season 2
37V57 Winner- Season 2
38V58 Winner- Season 2
39V59 Winner- Season 2
40V60 Winner- Season 3
Overall Winner- Season 2 (13) to Season 3 (7)

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
You'll find all your well known classics in season 3, but season 2 was the BOMB

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Sorry if I kept you waiting for so much time. I decided to give myself a break, and I'm back again to continue this thread.

S2: Grandma's Kisses-Squidville
VS
S3: Snowball Effect-One Krab's Trash

Well, I guess this choice is quite easy. This season 2 pairing was #13 in my previous top 15 worst SB pairings. Grandma's Kisses is a weak episode, its premise is quite stupid and Squidward is unnecessarily unlikeable. Not to mention Spongebob's grandma, who basically makes his grandson suffer, and she's EVEN OK with that. Spongebob crying like a hydrant was amusing, but it's not enough. I still don't like it.
On the other hand, there's Squidville, one of the most solid S2 episodes. Each character is at his best, love Squidward having fun with his reef blower, Spongebob who wants to apologize to him and Patrick... being Patrick. He even talks to a hydrant. Great episode.
Snowball Effect is another good episode. While its climax isn't as epic as Squidville, it makes sense, anyway. The ending is very nice.
Finally, there's One Krab's Trash... another excellent episode. I know, Krabs is greedy, but to an extent. It's okay as long as he gets his comeuppance at the end. Squidward's cameos were both epic. THIS is how Spongebob (the series) should be.

So, which one?
This comparison has THREE good episodes and ONE weak one. So, I'm gonna pick S3 for this round, since its pairing had something the other one didn't have: consistency.

Season 2 4-2 Season 3

Random Guy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
S2: Pre-Hibernation Week-Life of Crime
VS
S3: As Seen on TV-Can You Spare a Dime?

Pre-Hibernation Week... I think it's good, but Sandy is out of character. The final part is neat, with Spongebob hiding from Sandy and the latter falling asleep.
As for Life of Crime, it's very nice. The gags are amusing, unfortunately I don't really like the chocolate bar scene, because of Patrick: he's so stupid it's almost SURREAL. However the rest is great.
As Seen on TV was really going well, until Spongebob decided to annoy for the rest of this episode. That brought me to change my rating from GOOD to MEH. Such a shame.
Can You Spare a Dime? is another overrated episode. It's not bad, but Krabs' greed is simply irritating and Squidward is too presumptuous, probably even more than Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost, which at least made a bit more sense. However, I loved Spongebob getting mad at him... too bad that the ending made me forget the coolness of the previous scene. Thank you, greedy Krubz. Thank you.

So, this round goes to S2. Its pairing was less flawed as a whole.

Season 2 5-2 Season 3

Back