Pinned thread Season 11 Discussion

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
@Wintermelon43 I hate My Leg! because of the overusage of the gag and the slapstick.
@Coffee_lover I don’t get the hate behind The Clam Whisperer. I thought it was rather unique.
@hippythehippo What I do is add up all of the scores and find the mean average (divide total by # of episodes). My quotient was about 6, which makes it Meh.
I personally didn't find Ths Clam Whisperer unique. It was similar to many episodes of Spongebob being followed or effected by animals near him that cause damage or even drive him out of town, such as Jellyfish Jam, SpongeHenge, and even its own sister episode. Plus the rest of the episode is annoying and boring, and there's very few good jokes.

As for My Leg, while I agree the my leg gag was used a little too much, I still think many of the my leg gags were funny, plus they even mix it up as well part way through with the ambulance gag. And there were many other good gags throughout the episode too, as well as other strengths like great animation and a good song.

Coffee_lover

Banished
@Wintermelon43 I hate My Leg! because of the overusage of the gag and the slapstick.
@Coffee_lover I don’t get the hate behind The Clam Whisperer. I thought it was rather unique.
EVERYTHING wrong in this post

First of,how can The Clam Whisperer been unique,most of episode is ripped-off previous episodes and make nothing new with it.Second,yes,My Leg!overused one joke,BUT,absolutely every of ways begin quick and different form each other,and isn’t TCW overusing his jokes?But unlike My Leg!this one don’t goes farther than awful poop and screaming "jokes" that don’t make any reason to be here.And WTF slapstick is problem,you enjoyed most of season 10 episodes with full of slapstick,and TCW’s 95% of humor is pure slapstick,actually a very cheap slapstick,you just contradict yourself here.

Really,The Clam Whisperer one of most flawed episodes in show,if you like this episode I really can’t find any reason to dislike Ink Lemonade(at least that much),or absolutely harmless episodes like Don’t Feed the Clowns

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Seriously what's wrong with The Clam Whisperer?
Most of the episode is just boring, uninteresting, and sometimes even annoying, there's very little good humor, neither Patrick nor Squidward are characterized properly (Patrick is way too obnoxious and this is one oof the bigger examples of zany Squidward), and this is one of the episodes where it might have been too zany without being very funny to make it good at all (because I think the zaniness can work a lot of the time if it makes sense for the episode and/or it has many good jokes with it. This episode isn't either of those things). Plus, the episode isn't original at all either, It's pretty much its sister episode with clams until Spongebob leaves town with the clams, but that's similar to SpongeHenge anyway. I don't mind the latter very much, but the fact that it's pretty much a bad version of the episode right before it is kinda stupid.

The one thing I'll give it is that it at least has great animation. It's not terrible, but it's still pretty bad, or very meh at best.

Klu

Moby Dollar
TCW is just Jellyfish Jam rip-off, which we already had in season 10 (House Worming), with poop joke and obnoxious characters.
Before Ink Lemonade aired, it was in my top-3 worst in the season. Unfortunately, now it's only in top-4.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Compared to Season 9a, which I’m watching at the moment, this season feels like a godsend. I challenge you to compare your favourite Season 9a episodes to your least favourite from Season 10/11.

More

VIP
EmployeeAMillion said:
Compared to Season 9a, which I’m watching at the moment, this season feels like a godsend. I challenge you to compare your favourite Season 9a episodes to your least favourite from Season 10/11.
Now that I think of it... you're right! Plankton's Pet is awful! Much better than Sportz? and Ink Lemonade, those were godly.

Klu

Moby Dollar
While I agree with you, 9a is kinda bad, but Plankton's Pet is genuinely good episode... And only good episode in 9a.
Bleh, most of that season was just more of season 8 blandness with HD animation.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I think Plankton's Pet and Ink Lemonade would skew this.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
hippythehippo said:
My favorite part of The Clam Whisperer is when a girl hits on one of the clams. Guess bestiality doesn't exist in BB.

(btw, I hate this part, and the rest of the episode)
Strangely enough, that was one of the few parts of the episode I found pretty amusing.

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
Well you make a point. I haven’t seen The Clam Whisperer since September so my opinion might change.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
EmployeeAMillion said:
i prefer every episode of 9a to ink lemonade so this is very easy

Coffee_lover

Banished
my updated opinions subject to change

Cave Dwelling Sponge:golden
The Clam Whisperer:jumping Luigi
Spot Returns:mega meh
The Check-Up:divine
Spin the Bottle:code black
There's a Sponge in My Soup:c+
Man Ray Returns:funny
Larry the Floor Manager:hasn’t seen
The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom:bottom tier
No Pictures Please:3/10(decent)
Stuck on the Roof:depressing wario
Krabby Patty Creature Feature::patboo:
Teacher's Pests:tolerable
Sanitation Insanity:guilty pleasure
Bunny Hunt:blue
Squid Noir:scummy
Scavenger Pants:antrocity
Cuddle E. Hugs:interesting
Pat the Horse:83/100 meh episode close to bad
Chatterbox Gary:unsatisfactory
Don't Feed the Clowns:bronze
Drive Happy:4/3
Old Man Patrick:angry yoshi
Fun-Sized Friends:top 5 material
Grandmum's the Word:a+
Doodle Dimension:cool
Moving Bubble Bass:1/1
High Sea Diving:Overall, I give this episode a 3.5/10. It's an Awful Episode
Bottle Burgers:code orange
My Leg! :the episode? OH HELL NO!!! :patboo: That Creepypasta almost look like One Coarse Meal.
Ink Lemonade:spongy
Mustard O’Mine:toxic

overall it’s a SCUMBOB season

nobody

Imitation Krab
Here's my ratings for Season 11, the latest season. I'll be using this guy's ratings because he is actually me. That's right, I have a DeviantArt account that's also related to cartoons. Also, I'll update this post everything I watch a new episode in the future.

(Note that if you seen my scorecard on the series, "Epic" is "Elite", "Divine" is "Swell", and "Tolerable" is "Middling". I used to have those ratings until I decided to rename them.)

Cave Dwelling Sponge: AMPLE
The Clam Whisperer: GOOD
Spot Returns: AMPLE
The Check-Up: MIDDLING
Spin the Bottle: FAIR
There's a Sponge in My Soup: SWELL
Man Ray Returns: AMPLE
Larry the Floor Manager: GREAT
The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom: MEH
No Pictures Please: AMPLE
Stuck on the Roof: SUPREME
Krabby Patty Creature Feature: SWELL
Teacher's Pests: FAIR
Sanitation Insanity: ALRIGHT
Bunny Hunt: GOOD
Squid Noir: GOOD
Scavenger Pants: ALRIGHT
Cuddle E. Hugs: FAIR
Pat the Horse: MEH
Chatterbox Gary: AMPLE
Don't Feed the Clowns: SWELL
Drive Happy: MEH
Old Man Patrick: AMPLE
Fun-Sized Friends: MEH
Grandmum's the Word: HEINOUS (-)
Doodle Dimension: GOOD
Moving Bubble Bass: MEH
High Sea Diving: SUPREME
Bottle Burglars: FAIR
My Leg!: MEH
Ink Lemonade: ELITE
Mustard O' Mine: SWELL
Whale Watching: MIDDLING
Krusty Kleaners: MIDDLING

ELITE: 1
SUPREME: 2
GREAT: 1
SWELL: 4
GOOD: 4
AMPLE: 6
ALRIGHT: 2
FAIR: 4
MEH: 6
MIDDLING: 3
HEINOUS: 1

So far: ALRIGHT Season

Top 5:
5.Krabby Patty Creature Feature
4.Larry the Floor Manager
3.Stuck on the Roof
2.High Sea Diving
1.Ink Lemonade

Of course, I do have some bad tastes here, but they are actually from what I've seen from these aforementioned episodes.

Back