Pinned thread Season 11 Discussion

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I love how when only 2 episodes aired everyone was like "OMG this is a huge improvement! SpongeBob is great again!" but now that more eps have aired more people are starting to call the season mediocre lol.

You know what were the first 2 episodes that aired in season 6? Krabby Road and Not Normal.

Moral of the story is to wait until there's actually a sizable number of episodes before you make a conclusion about an entire season's quality.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Still think that this season is really good so far with very few noticeable mediocre episodes.
It's sad that not much of community enjoying it, though, but hey, at least it's good for me.

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
Klu said:
Still think that this season is really good so far with very few noticeable mediocre episodes.
It's sad that not much of community enjoying it, though, but hey, at least it's good for me.
I love this season so far.

I love how when only 2 episodes aired everyone was like "OMG this is a huge improvement! SpongeBob is great again!" but now that more eps have aired more people are starting to call the season mediocre lol.

You know what were the first 2 episodes that aired in season 6? Krabby Road and Not Normal.

Moral of the story is to wait until there's actually a sizable number of episodes before you make a conclusion about an entire season's quality.

Idk. I really liked season 9 and season 10 was a hit or miss for me. This season has been a hit or miss as well but the misses are mostly just mediocre and better than misses of season 10 and the good stuff are usually amazing.

So I don't know what you are talking about. I have yet to find season 11 episodes that bore the heck out of me or annoy me.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Master WhoBruh said:
Idk. I really liked season 9 and season 10 was a hit or miss for me. This season has been a hit or miss as well but the misses are mostly just mediocre and better than misses of season 10 and the good stuff are usually amazing.

So I don't know what you are talking about. I have yet to find season 11 episodes that bore the heck out of me or annoy me.
Um, did you understand what I said? Sure you may still like this season and find it an improvement over season 10, but I've been seeing more and more people call this season average or disappointing in comparison to early on when everyone was singing praise for it. The belief that season 10 > season 11 is even becoming more popular, even though I haven't quite bought into that yet due to the lack of a complete atrocity like Sportz.

Heck one of the things that seemed universally agreed upon was that season 11 was less wacky than season 10, but that wasn't even true for me. Episodes like The Clam Whisperer, Man Ray Returns, Krabby Patty Creature Feature, Cuddle E. Hugs, Pat the Horse, Don't Feed the Clowns, Doodle Dimension, and Moving Bubble Bass get even more crazy and zany than season 10 at points. (I actually think that style worked for Creature Feature, but it was still distinctly season 10)

And do you have a defense for people calling a season amazing when only 2 or 3 episodes aired? Once again, the first 2 season 6 episodes that aired were Krabby Road and Not Normal.

MASTER OF BIKINI BOTTOM

Imitation Krab
No Comment Yet TBA

Cave Dweling Sponge 9.2/10
The Clam Whisperer 9.2/10
Spot Returns 9.5/10
The Check Up 9.5/10
Spin the Bottle 9.4/10
There's A Sponge in my Soup 9.1/10
Man Ray Returns 8.7/10
Larry the Foor Manager 9.1/10
The Legend of Bikini Bottom 9.9/10
No Pictures Please 9.9/10
Stuck in the Roof 9.7/10
Krabby Patty Creature Feature 9.9/10
Teacher's Pests 9.0/10
Sanitation Insanity 9.7/10
Bunny Hunt: 9.9/10
Squid Noir 9.9/10
Scavenger Pants 9.4/10
Cuddle E. Hugs 8.7/10
Pat the Horse 8.7/10
Chatterbox Gary 9.5/10
Don't Feed the Clowns 9.5/10
Drive Happy 9.5/10
Old Man Patrick 9.3/10
FUN Sized Friends 8.7/10
Grandmum's the World 9.8/10
Doodle Dimension 9.9/10
Moving Bubble Bass 9.4/10
High Sea Diving 9.9/10
Bottle Burglars 9.9/10
My Leg! 9.8/10
Ink Lemonade 8.0/10
Mustard O' Mine 9.9/10
Shopping List 9.9/10

Amazing:14
Great:14
Good:4
Okay:1
Meh:0
Mediocre:0
Bad:0
Awful:0
Terrible:0
Atrocity:0
Abysmal:0

Top 5
5 Squid Noir
4 No Pictures Please
3 The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom
2 High Sea Diving
1 Shopping List

Bottom 5
5 Man Ray Returns
4 FUN Sized Friends
3 Pat the Horse
2 Cuddle E. Hugs
1 Ink Lemonade

(SO FAR)

So far it's great

I'M READY!!!!

Um, did you understand what I said? Sure you may still like this season and find it an improvement over season 10, but I've been seeing more and more people call this season average or disappointing in comparison to early on when everyone was singing praise for it. The belief that season 10 > season 11 is even becoming more popular, even though I haven't quite bought into that yet due to the lack of a complete atrocity like Sportz.

Heck one of the things that seemed universally agreed upon was that season 11 was less wacky than season 10, but that wasn't even true for me. Episodes like The Clam Whisperer, Man Ray Returns, Krabby Patty Creature Feature, Cuddle E. Hugs, Pat the Horse, Don't Feed the Clowns, Doodle Dimension, and Moving Bubble Bass get even more crazy and zany than season 10 at points. (I actually think that style worked for Creature Feature, but it was still distinctly season 10)

And do you have a defense for people calling a season amazing when only 2 or 3 episodes aired? Once again, the first 2 season 6 episodes that aired were Krabby Road and Not Normal.
I don't have a defense for people calling season 11 amazing just for 2-3 episodes. We've had enough s11 episodes to judge the season so far, so I didn't get why you suddenly came into that conclusion after many here have seen enough episodes of this season. I couldn't care less about which season is popular. To me season 11 did keep the wackiness of s10 but I enjoyed bit of what this season offered "so far". My thoughts on this season will definitely change after seeing rest and then I'll fully compare it to season 10, tho it's kind of unfair since season 10 has less episodes but from what I've seen, it's an alright season for now and there's no episode that pissed me off badly or bored me yet, not even Man Ray Returns or Pat the Horse were bad for me.

Reactions: Klu

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
i absolutely HATE the new animation style. Too gag based. They don't leave time for story. Everything is so disgusting. Everyone used to hate on season 5-7 for it being disgusting, this **** is GROSS! I hate this season. 10 was fine. This one, the animation just completely ruins it for me, good story or not. My personal least favorite season.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
pgh214 said:
i absolutely HATE the new animation style. Too gag based. They don't leave time for story. Everything is so disgusting. Everyone used to hate on season 5-7 for it being disgusting, this **** is GROSS! I hate this season. 10 was fine. This one, the animation just completely ruins it for me, good story or not. My personal least favorite season.
.....There's barely any disgusting moments in this season so far though

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
Wintermelon43 said:
i only saw cuddle e hugs and pat the horse but i am doubting their is that much grossness

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
mythix super saiyan 4 said:
i only saw cuddle e hugs and pat the horse but i am doubting their is that much grossness
The only grossness I can think of is some stuff in Krabby Patty Creature Feature.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Wintermelon43 said:
Uh, Krabs' injuries in The Checkup, the poop in The Clam Whisperer, SpongeBob eating in Larry the Floor Manager, Krabby Patty Creature Feature, (Which I didn't mind) the poop cleaning in Pat the Horse, and everything Moving Bubble Bass.

I think his comment about this being the worst season ever and thinking season 10 "was fine" (Seriously why do so many people give season 10 a free pass smh) was dumb and deviantart reviewer levels of hyperbole, but to say there's barely any disgusting moments is a lie.

Coffee_lover

Banished
1)Squid Noir(A+)
2)Plankton Paranoia(A+)
3)High Sea Diving(A+)
4)My Leg!(A+)
5)Bottle Burglars(A+)
6)Karen’s Virus(A)
7)There’s a Sponge in my Soup(A)
8)Surf and Turf (A)
9)Stuck on the Roof(A)
10)No Pictures Please(A)
11)Teacher’s Pests(A)
12)Check-Up(A)
13)The Grill is Gone(A)
14)ChefBob(A)
15)Appointment TV(A)
16)The Legend of Bookini Bottom(A-)
17)Chatterbox Gary(A-)
18)Sanitation Insanity(A-)
19)Whale Watching(A-)
20)Mustard O’Mine(A-)
21)Goons on the Moon(A-)
22)The String(A-)
23)Man Ray Returns(A-)
24)Spot Returns(B+)
25)Larry the Floor Manager(B+)
26)Scavenger Pants(B+)
27)BubbleTown(B+)
28)Girls Night Out(B+)
29)Spin the Bottle(B+)
30)Cuddle E Hugs(B+)
31)Krabby Patty Creature Feature(B)
32)Shopping List(B)
33)Drive Happy(B)
34)Night Patty(B)
35)Bunny Hunt(B)
36)Grandmum the Word(B-)
37)Krusty Kleaners(B-)
38)Don’t Feed The Clowns(C+)
39)Moving Bubble Bass(C+)
40)Patnocchio(C)
41)Call the Cops(C-)
42)Fun Sized Friends(C-)
43)Old Man Patrick(D+)
44)Cave Dwelling Sponge(D+)
45)Library Cards(D+)
46)Squirrel Jelly(D+)
47)Clam Whisperer(D)
48)Ink Lemonade(F+)
49)Doodle Dimension(F-)(I have no doubt that it’s in my Bottom 3 of the series,I despise this abomination so much)
?)Pat the Horse(?)

Overall thought:the first thing I want to say,is that this season has the worst start for the whole series,both episodes are unoriginal,has no focus and mostly unfunny,fortunately,this is only beginning,because I really think that this is the best post-movie season ever.I think that seasons 9B and 10 are just okay,but season 11 impressed me a lot.

The most interesting part is that season 11 is full of mediocre concepts for episodes,starting from boring ones(The Check-up,Spin the Bottle, Stuck on the Roof,The Grill is Gone,and so on),ending with absolute bizarre nonsense(There's Sponge in my Soup, Cuddle E. Hugs,Mustard O’Mine),and yet I love all these episodes,for two reasons.The first is of course creativity,I adore creativity in this season,almost every scene is filled with interesting visual gags of different levels,from just smiling,to really hilarious,I also like most of characters expressions,I easily can understand peoples who dislike or hate this wackiness,but personally,I'm delighted with every second ones,because they are always full of creativity and well animated.The second reason is energy,unlike seasons like 6.Season 11 has an perfect timing,everything in the episodes happens pretty quickly,but at the same time I can understand what is happening on the other side of the screen,it’s also results a huge timing of jokes that I like.But even with the number of non good ideas,there are also quite excellent concepts with the same execution,such as Spot Returns,No Pictures Please or Chatterbox Gary.

Do I think that this season has problems? Sure:
1)Season 11 likes to using and animated stuck images,which I never approved,even with fact that they appear no more than 5-10 seconds,it still looks ugly.
2)This,season sometimes has noticeable problems with proportions,yes,I understand that this season always use off-model designs,but sometimes characters get shrinking without any reason.
.E386438B-429C-4BE1-8E9F-2B82B26F79C4.jpeg
(This is from the same episode)
3)Uggggggg...Do I even need to say this?Patrick.Although,I believe that he still for the most part a ridiculous comic reelife,but I must agree that in such episodes as The Clam Whisper,Library Cards,Drive Happy,Fun-Sized Friends or Ink Lemonade he acts VERY annoying.

This season is far from been perfect,and of coarse not as good as first three seasons,but it still for me funny,interesting and beautiful
entertainment.Sure,there are still passable or even bad episodes,but there are fewer if compared with previous seasons,and even in the worst episodes there is something that I really like.While I can’t make final results,because there has not yet been a significant number of episodes.But at the moment,I think that this is such a great season,and I hope that the rest of the episodes are not disappointed me

UPD:After season’s finale,my opinion hasn’t changed really much,it’s still pretty solid season overall with some duds.Although I think because of some BIG stinkers,it’s lose his "best post movie season" title for me and been replaced by S4.But I still enjoyed this fun craziness a lot.Hope that S12 gonna be at least as good as this season was.

Rating:(B+)

Changes:

-Cave Dwellings Sponge:(D)->(D+)
-The Clam Whisperer:(D-)->(F+)->(D)
-Bunny Hunt:(C-)->(B)
-Old Man Patrick:(B+)->(B)
-Grandmum the Word:(C)->(B-)
-Doodle Dimension:(C+)->(C-)->(D)->(F+)->(F-)
-High Sea Diving:(A-)->(A)->(A+)
-Bottle Burglars(A-)->(A+)
-Ink Lemonade:(D-)->(F+)
-Shopping List:(A-)->(B)
-Patnocchio:(D+)->(C)
-ChefBob:(B+)->(A)
-Library Cards:(C+)->(D+)

Uncle Sherm

Bomb-Selling Pirate
TBH I think this season is really good outside of a few duds like Pat the Horse and Bunny Hunt. I love the cartoony animation that the show's been using so that's probably why but this is genuinely one of the funniest seasons of the show.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I hate to say this, but Season 11 seems to be moving along quite quickly.
Please don’t leave us S11, don’t fade into history to be forgotten as just another modern season.
But do if you’re going to give us Teacher’s Pests 20 more times (I seriously don’t understand why people like that episode).

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I hate to say this, but Season 11 seems to be moving along quite quickly.
Please don’t leave us S11, don’t fade into history to be forgotten as just another modern season.
But do if you’re going to give us Teacher’s Pests 20 more times (I seriously don’t understand why people like that episode).
Why didn't you like it

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Why didn't you like it
I’ll get more into specifics when I write up my review of it (which would be in a year or so), but for now I’ll say that I found Plankton and Mr Krabs’ rivalry to be far too immature. From my perspective, they’re supposed to be the most adult characters, and seeing them pick on each other in a school setting well into their 40s and 50s is off-putting to me.
However, that’s a reason everyone likes the episode, so I’ll try not to rain on everyone’s parade.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I’ll get more into specifics when I write up my review of it (which would be in a year or so), but for now I’ll say that I found Plankton and Mr Krabs’ rivalry to be far too immature. From my perspective, they’re supposed to be the most adult characters, and seeing them pick on each other in a school setting well into their 40s and 50s is off-putting to me.
However, that’s a reason everyone likes the episode, so I’ll try not to rain on everyone’s parade.
Ah okay. That's the same thing McSponge said before. I personally disagree but I respect your opinion.

Back