Pinned thread Season 11 Discussion

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Friendly reminder: everyone is entitled to their opinions and we ought to respect them no matter how "ridiculous" they may sound.

Was anyone disrespecting him though? Of course people are going to argue aganist it when it's such an unpopular opinion, but I didn't notice anyone disrespect her.

Vamphitrite said:
Friendly reminder: everyone is entitled to their opinions and we ought to respect them no matter how "ridiculous" they may sound.
just giving some of my opinions why I disagree with her, rather than disrespecting her.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
RomNick said:
It won't go away, most of the storyboarders continue to work on Season 12.
keep in mind that the storyboardists just do the rough, then the supervising directors finalize their drawings for the animatic / animation, so it's 50 / 50, plus, they've done this since 9b, but at least the first 7 episodes of Season 10 are amped up with crazy expressions, they seem to be toned down around "Sportz?" and it continues to be toned down to now.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
TheJasbre202 said:
keep in mind that the storyboardists just do the rough, then the supervising directors finalize their drawings for the animatic / animation, so it's 50 / 50, plus, they've done this since 9b, but at least the first 7 episodes of Season 10 are amped up with crazy expressions, they seem to be toned down around "Sportz?" and it continues to be toned down to now.
Plus, the people who worship 9b tend to forget that the season's late episodes were also amped up with wacky gags and expressions which they hate in season 10: "Lame and Fortune", "Food Con Castaways", "Pineapple Invasion" and "Mutiny on the Krusty".

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
RomNick said:
Plus, the people who worship 9b tend to forget that the season's late episodes were also amped up with wacky gags and expressions which they hate in season 10: "Lame and Fortune", "Food Con Castaways", "Pineapple Invasion" and "Mutiny on the Krusty".
not to be like that guy, but i love all of those episodes from 9b, visuals wise, but Food Con is my 9b favorite. Pineapple Invasion is an original plot with amazing visuals as well, and I think Salsa Imbecillicus captures the Season 10 style more than Pineapple Invasion in fact, PI has like, a toned down s11 feel to it. Lame and Fortune does as well, and Mutiny on the Krusty is like 10/11 hybrid in animation, yet, sadly, it reuses animation a couple times, the only downside other than the Super Cheap krabs, but i love the story nonetheless, Food Con i love the visuals and plot, well, it's one of my favorite types of plots out there anyways.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
not to be like that guy, but i love all of those episodes from 9b, visuals wise, but Food Con is my 9b favorite. Pineapple Invasion is an original plot with amazing visuals as well, and I think Salsa Imbecillicus captures the Season 10 style more than Pineapple Invasion in fact, PI has like, a toned down s11 feel to it. Lame and Fortune does as well, and Mutiny on the Krusty is like 10/11 hybrid in animation, yet, sadly, it reuses animation a couple times, the only downside other than the Super Cheap krabs, but i love the story nonetheless, Food Con i love the visuals and plot, well, it's one of my favorite types of plots out there anyways.
Salsa Imbecilicus doesn't have that much wacky gags and experessions which wouldn't be out of place in season 10, but four episodes I listed definitely have them. And people, strangely enough, don't bother remembering that fact.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
RomNick said:
Difference is those episodes were actually good imo and had jokes that I liked.

Salsa Imbecilicus doesn't have that much wacky gags and experessions which wouldn't be out of place in season 10, but four episodes I listed definitely have them. And people, strangely enough, don't bother remembering that fact.
Salsa Imbecilicus had a great plot but jokes were pretty bad for me. As for other episodes you mentioned, yes they have wackiness but it's not too over the top or loud and they have either good gags or good plot. Some of season 10 went a bit too far with wackiness and it didn't know where to stop and let us breathe. Pacing in season 10 was mostly awkward, plots were messy and the gags weren't as funny.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Salsa Imbecilicus had a great plot but jokes were pretty bad for me. As for other episodes you mentioned, yes they have wackiness but it's not too over the top or loud and they have either good gags or good plot. Some of season 10 went a bit too far with wackiness and it didn't know where to stop and let us breathe. Pacing in season 10 was mostly awkward, plots were messy and the gags weren't as funny.
Funny that almost all of the four episodes I mentioned were written by Mr. Lawrence and Kaz, people who still work on the show.
The storyboarders who worked on these four episodes (Allison, Kramer, Osmond, Cunningham and Cohen) are also still on board.

Honest Canadian Cartoon said:
Difference is those episodes were actually good imo and had jokes that I liked.
Personally, I didn't see any difference. The faces and gags they make in these episodes, I repeat, wouldn't be out of place in the next season. Mostly, they come from Plankton and Krabs. And almost all of the writers and storyboarders who made these four eps are still working on the show.
Plus, "Mutiny on the Krusty" and "Food Con Castaways" had their fair share of haters, the first one definitely.

RomNick said:
Funny that almost all of the four episodes I mentioned were written by Mr. Lawrence and Kaz, people who still work on the show.
The storyboarders who worked on these four episodes (Allison, Kramer, Osmond, Cunningham and Cohen) are also still on board.

Personally, I didn't see any difference. The faces and gags they make in these episodes, I repeat, wouldn't be out of place in the next season. Mostly, they come from Plankton and Krabs. And almost all of the writers and storyboarders who made these four eps are still working on the show.
Plus, "Mutiny on the Krusty" and "Food Con Castaways" had their fair share of haters, the first one definitely.
dude, writers can be hit or miss. That's not a new thing. I can really like some of their episodes or I just don't like them. yeesh.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Wintermelon43 said:
Which episodes did he write?
Yesterday Vince revealed Luke's first post-sequel WRITTEN episode, but the people got confused. But he did confirm that Brookshier is indeed writing ScavengerPants: https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/924299234714664966

BTW, this won't be Luke's first post-sequel episode. Apparently he did some character designs for the episode(s) Food Con Castaways and Snail Mail.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector

Spongebob106

Imitation Krab
One thing I don’t understand at all is, Where in the world did the episode Cuddle E. Hugs come from and why did nobody really know about this upcoming episode.

Klu

Moby Dollar
I don't really know to expect from Luke. Sure, he wrote "Krusty Towers", "Rolled Cowards" and "Plankton's Pet", but at the same time he wrote "Little Yellow Book" and "The Card"...
It could be really good episode or medium-bad episode.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Back