3. Mimic Madness
2. Out Of The Picture
1. Feral Friends

Season 10: Great Season

Last edited:

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Time to rank the shortest season of SpongeBob- Season 10.
1631228725678.png

Amazing: 6
Great: 6
Good: 6
Meh: 2
Bad: 1
Awful: 0
ScumBob: 1

Final Result: Amazing Season

While there are occasional mediocre episodes scattered around this season (and the horrendous season premiere), this season is amazing and the second best.

WiseToday7003

Imitation Krab
Whirly Brains: Bad
Mermaid Pants: Good
Unreal Estate: Good
Code Yellow: Good
Mimic Madness: Good

House Worming: Bad
Snooze You Lose: Bad

Krusty Katering: Good
SpongeBob's Place: Meh
Plankton Gets the Boot: Meh

Life Insurance: Good
Burst Your Bubble: Good

Plankton Retires: Bad
Trident Trouble: Good
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge: Meh
Sportz?: Meh

The Getaway: Good
Lost and Found: Meh
Patrick's Coupon: Good
Out of the Picture: Meh
Feral Friends: Good
Don't Wake Patrick: Meh

Good: 11
Meh: 7
Bad: 4

GOOD SEASON (On the lower end though)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Whirly Brains: Tolerant
Mermaid Pants: Perfect
Unreal Estate: Bad
Code Yellow: Perfect
Mimic Madness: Amazing!
House Worming: Meh
Snooze You Loose: Okay
Krusty Katering: Great (close to meh)
SpongeBob's Place: Meh
Plankton Gets the Boot: Sublime
Life Insurance: Bad
Burst Your Bubble: Golden
Plankton Retires: Great
Trident Trouble: Amazing!
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge: Perfect
Sportz?: Great
The Getaway: Amazing!
Lost and Found: Garbage
Patrick's Coupon: Polite
Out of the Picture: Great
Feral Friends: Golden
Dont Wake Patrick: Bad

Season opinion: Great

Best: Burst Your Bubble

Worst: Lost and Found

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Whirly Brains: 5.7/10
Mermaid Pants: 9/10
Unreal Estate: 8.8/10
Code Yellow: 8.4/10
Mimic Madness: 9.2/10
House Worming: 6/10
Snooze You Lose: 7/10
Krusty Katering: 8.3/10
SpongeBob's Place: 8.5/10
Plankton Gets the Boot: 8/10
Life Insurance: 8.3/10
Burst Your Bubble: 8/10
Plankton Retires: 8/10
Trident Trouble: 7.6/10
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge: 6.5/10
Sportz?: 5.5/10
The Getaway: 9/10
Lost and Found: 8.3/10
Patrick's Coupon: 5.7/10
Out of the Picture: 8.8/10
Feral Friends: 9.1/10
Don't Wake Patrick: 7/10

Top 5:
5. Out of the Picture
4. Mermaid Pants
3. The Getaway
2. Feral Friends
1. Mimic Madness

Bottom 5:
5. The Incredible Shrinking Sponge
4. House Worming
3. Whirly Brains
2. Patrick's Coupon
1. Sportz?

Scoring:
Amazing: 4
Great: 10
Good: 3
Okay: 2
Mediocre: 3
Tolerable: 0
Bad: 0
Abysmal: 0

Additional Comments:
Season 10 was a continuation from the return to greatness that was season 9. I used to think this season used too much slapstick, and while the season does defnintely use slapstick, I don't think it's too much. I'm more of a word humor type of person, but I can appreciate good slapstick.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
my-image (5).png
  • Burst your Bubble is my favorite episode on this season
  • Why isnt Mimic Madness on the top tier you might ask? Well lets face it i gave it my 18/20 rating Amazing! due it many random things happening in it but its pretty funny its actually close to 19/20 Perfect
  • Whirly Brains always made me laugh for some weird reason
  • I wish they did more with SpongeBob's Place good song and plot but weak concept...
  • Life Insurance, Unreal Estate, and Dont Wake Patrick are all bad Life Insurance due to boringness Unreal Estate due to SpongeBob torture and Dont Wake Patrick due to the ending (Sarcasm: Which was a great way to end a season...)
  • Lost and Found is clearly our loser on this season i mentioned the reason i hate in my bottom 25
Top 3:
1: Burst your Bubble
2: Trident Trouble
3: Code Yellow
Honorable mentions: The Getaway and Feral Friends

Bottom 3:
1: Lost and Found
2: Dont Wake Patrick
3: Unreal Estate
Dishonorable Mentions: Life Insurance and SpongeBob's Place (meh)

Best: Burst your Bubble
Worst: Lost and Found

coft

happy hopping moron
Bad (1/5)
22. House Worming
21. Whirly Brains

Average (2/5)
20. The Incredible Shrinking Sponge
19. Plankton Gets the Boot
18. Sportz?
17. Don’t Wake Patrick
16. Plankton Retires
15. Snooze You Lose
14. SpongeBob’s Place

Good (3/5)
13. Patrick’s Coupon
12. Trident Trouble
11. Lost and Found
10. Mermaid Pants
9. Burst Your Bubble

Great (4/5)
8. Code Yellow
7. Krusty Katering
6. Feral Friends
5. Out of the Picture
4. Life Insurance
3. The Getaway
2. Unreal Estate

Amazing (5/5)
1. Mimic Madness

Season 10 Score: 2.91 (Average)

Thoughts:
That feels a bit too high, 10 was more mixed than 9b for me, especially with the amount of rip-offs here, Plankton Gets the Boot is a worse Single Cell Anniversary, Snooze You Lose is Slimy Dancing again, House Worming is a much lesser Jellyfish Jam, which is already one of the weaker season 1 episodes, and SpongeBob’s Place is a mix of Patty Hype, Bummer Vacation and Banned in Bikini Bottom. I’m glad they changed up the formula in Season 11, if not, I don’t think they would’ve kept the quality of 10, while I’ve done nothing but complain about it so far, it’s still ok, worse than 9b, sure, but it’s still has it moments, it’s fine, but definitely the worst of the Post-Sequel era, if we only count 9b.

Mr. What Zit Tooya

Moby Dollar
my-image (1).png
Bottom 5
5. Whirly Brains
4. Don't Wake Patrick
3. House Worming
2. Sportz?
1. Plankton Retires

Top 5
5. Unreal Estate
4. Mimic Madness
3. The Getaway
2. Burst Your Bubble
1. Feral Friends

Decent Season: (7.5/10)

Previously this used to be my favorite season of the Post-Sequel era, but over time this changed and now I don't consider it as special as before, despite having some of my favorite episodes of Post-Sequel of which one is one of my favorites of the whole show and I like how the craziness was handled in the animation, it doesn't have much for offer it as most of it is regular episodes or rip-offs that barely do anything different possibly the team didn't want to risk too much with this season because quite short and decided to save the best ideas for Season 11.

Last edited:

Mr. What Zit Tooya

Moby Dollar
i think i'd rank mimic madness a little higher tho, but i agree with most of the ranking
It was my second favorite when it was my favorite Post-Sequel season, but now there are some things that I didn't liked like the ending

Last edited:

zerocool

Moby Dollar
GREAT (5/5), GOOD (4/5), AVERAGE (3/5), BAD (2/5), AWFUL (1/5), SCUMBOB (0/5).
  1. Krusty Katering
  2. The Getaway
  3. Feral Friends
  4. Plankton Retires
  5. Life Insurance
  6. Mimic Madness
  7. Code Yellow
  8. Unreal Estate
  9. Sportz?
  10. Lost and Found
  11. Mermaid Pants
  12. Burst Your Bubble
  13. Snooze You Lose
  14. Plankton Gets the Boot
  15. Don't Wake Patrick
  16. SpongeBob's Place
  17. The Incredible Shrinking Sponge
  18. Out of the Picture
  19. Trident Trouble
  20. Patrick's Coupon
  21. House Worming
  22. Whirly Brains

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Whirly Brains: 7.5/10
Mermaid Pants: 9/10
Unreal Estate: 8.9/10
Code Yellow: 9.2/10
Mimic Madness: 9.4/10
House Worming: 5.4/10
Snooze You Lose: 7/10
Krusty Katering: 9.4/10
SpongeBob's Place: 9/10
Plankton Gets the Boot: 8.8/10
Life Insurance: 8.8/10
Burst Your Bubble: 8.6/10
Plankton Retires: 9.3/10
Trident Trouble: 6.8/10
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge: 5.9/10
Sportz?: 6.8/10
The Getaway: 9.4/10
Lost and Found: 7.2/10
Patrick's Coupon: 7.2/10
Out of the Picture: 9.5/10
Feral Friends: 9.4/10
Don't Wake Patrick: 7.2/10

Top 5:
5. Mimic Madness
4. Feral Friends
3. The Getaway
2. Krusty Katering
1. Out of the Picture

Bottom 5:
5. Snooze You Lose
4. Sportz?
3. Trident Trouble
2. The Incredible Shrinking Sponge
1. House Worming

Scoring:
Amazing: 9
Great: 4
Good: 5
Okay: 2
Mediocre: 2
Tolerable: 0
Bad: 0
Abysmal: 0

Additional Comments:
Season 10, what do I even say about you? Season 10 is just so very hard to compare with other seasons because of its short, short episode length compared to them. It’s half the length of almost every other season in this show, which means there isn’t a lot of material to judge here. A bad episode in another season might not be a big deal, but a bad episode in season 10 could really color the perception of the entire season, and you can see this in the math. The average episode rating of this season was a 8.1/10, which is the same as season 7, as a matter of fact. And just under season 9.

Getting back to a little bit of comparison, I’d say I regard season 10 very similarly to season 5 (which means I also regard it similarly to season 7). And I don’t just mean in entertainment value, although that is true as well that I enjoy both seasons about the same amount. Season 10, like season 5, is a transition season to me. It moves from the experimental changes and trends of season 9 towards what will become the show’s new staple in season 11—exaggerated faces (though I made very little mention of this in my reviews, it still is something that I noted. Not that I’ve ever been bothered by these faces. I’ll probably talk more about this in later seasons) and animation, increased engagement in self-reference, and good character writing. However, this season does miss some of the other things that will later become staples, such as the focus on characters outside of the core ones, but I’ll get to that in a minute. Another thing I quickly wanted to mention was the art style for this season, as something about it felt very…transition-y to me. I think it’s because as the season went on, the art style shifted, from something I really liked, to something I…didn’t like quite so much. And while the latter art style did fit the show, I do hope that season 11 decides to go in a different direction haha.

Season 10 also has its own special qualities that make it stand out from being just a transition season. Now, these qualities aren’t necessarily all “good”, but they are things that make it stand out, so I’m including them regardless. I mean, firstly, the season is short, so it stands out for that reason alone. And secondly, there’s the main detractor of season 10 for me: it’s not as funny to me as it could’ve or maybe should’ve been. And, there were an alarming amount of episodes that I was kind of bored by. Considering this season’s short length, this is especially alarming. We better not be going back to those season 6 times or so help me god. No but seriously, I don’t think the situation is that dire. And besides, while this season wasn’t the funniest, I did notice, as I specifically mentioned in my reviews of “Code Yellow” and “Unreal Estate”, that this season put a lot of emphasis on being all-around enjoyable rather than specifically funny. There’s a lot more interesting plots here than simple plots filled with jokes. This isn’t a better or worse approach necessarily, just a different one. The problem is that some of the interesting plots fell flat. If that didn’t happen, then there wouldn’t be nearly as many Okay- and Mediocre-tier episodes. And I think that this is something that stands out for season 10, even though it is something I somewhat noticed in season 9. I get the feeling, just from what I’ve seen, that season 11 and beyond go a different direction than this slower approach. So I guess we’ll have to see if that’s the case.

Thinking of how much I like season 10 personally, like I said before, I like it about equally to season 5. I like season 9 (especially 9B) more than season 10, but it’s hard to judge this because of season 10’s length. I regard season 9 as about equal to season 4, and so I regard season 10 as about equal to season 5. A slight step down for me, but nothing crazy. I truly do believe that the short season order hindered this season immensely. Less episodes means less chances to impress, less time to develop trends, less time to hit different characters (hence why this season did not go the route of season 9 and have episodes focused on some different characters for once).

However, despite its short length, season 10 did something very important for this show, in my opinion. And this cannot be overlooked. Season 10 really helped to usher in the post-sequel renaissance. I detailed this quite a bit in my “Mimic Madness” review, so I won’t go into it yet again in this one, but I do think that season 10 is what got modern SpongeBob back on the map for a lot of fans. And no matter how you might feel about season 10, there’s no denying its impact. And it is for all of these reasons that I’ve named season 10 the Regeneration Season. Allow me to explain. Season 10 is short and less ambitious than the seasons it is sandwiched between (I’m making an assumption about season 11 here, allow me to do so), and so I can consider it a bit of a rest for the creative team in a way. A bit healing. Hence, regeneration. But I use regeneration also in the Doctor Who context, where after regeneration the main character walks away with a different face and personality. Well, with this season being a transition season, I’d say the show exits season 10 a bit different than when it entered. Not only in style or humor or plots or whatever, but also in popularity and regard. As I’ve said, season 10 ushered in that post-sequel renaissance. It regenerated the show, it regenerated parts of the fanbase. Quite a lot of work for a such a short season. I’m impressed.

Mr. What Zit Tooya

Moby Dollar
Season 10, what do I even say about you? Season 10 is just so very hard to compare with other seasons because of its short, short episode length compared to them. It’s half the length of almost every other season in this show, which means there isn’t a lot of material to judge here. A bad episode in another season might not be a big deal, but a bad episode in season 10 could really color the perception of the entire season, and you can see this in the math.
I wonder how different the season would be if the second half of season 9 had been split up to be part of season 10, making the total 26 episodes.

I sense that Season 10 is more of a test season for the new style of animation.

Back