Pinned thread Season 10 Discussion

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Honest Canadian Cartoon said:
There were only 5 9b episodes I didn't like.

There were only 5 season 10 episodes I did like, and only 1 of them was great.

Season 9b had unique plotlines, solid characterization, witty humor, and animation with restraint. Season 10 farted all over that.
IrbFo80.jpg

There were only 5 9b episodes I didn't like.

There were only 5 season 10 episodes I did like, and only 1 of them was great.

Season 9b had unique plotlines, solid characterization, witty humor, and animation with restraint. Season 10 farted all over that.
IrbFo80.jpg
unfunny
I don't plan on watching more SpongeBob episodes so I guess I'll post my final opinions.

Whirly Brains - 3/10 (I must've been high when I gave this a good review because there's no jokes to this other than farting brains and zany Squidward)
MermaidPants - 9/10 (The only episode this season that felt like it added to the show in a significant way
Unreal Estate - 8/10 (The good parts of season 10's visual focus without the annoying and dumb parts)
Code Yellow - 2/10 (A season 6 episode in HD, SpongeBob is aggravating here)
Mimic Madness - 8/10 (Not too special but the humor and song make it a fun watch)
House Worming - 6/10 (The short saves it from complete mediocrity)
Snooze You Lose - 4/10 (It's very predictable and uninteresting)
Krusty Katering - 3/10 (Why do people like this episode? The beginning is alright but once they enter the party it becomes a complete train-wreck with randumb things happening with no cause and effect)
SpongeBob's Place - 5/10 (It's a generic KK episode with little flavor but there's nothing offensive about it besides OOC Squidward)
Plankton Gets the Boot - 7/10 (A bit similar to Single Cell Anniversary but this is one of the funnier episodes in the season)
Life Insurance - 4/10 (Repeats gags like a bad FOP episode)
Burst Your Bubble - 6/10 (There's good ideas but they aren't executed that well)
Plankton Retires - 4/10 (The sad man's New Leaf)
Trident Trouble - 5/10 (On the annoying side but I fail to see how this is worse than Krusty Katering in any way)
Sportz? - 0/10 (Probably my 2nd least favorite episode of the show, it's utterly aggravating)
The Getaway - 6/10 (The humor did nothing for me and SpongeBob is annoying, but I like the car chase motif)
Lost and Found - 7/10 (Beginning is a little rough but I like the humor and adventure in the second half as well as Squidward as a kid)
Patrick's Coupon - 2/10 (Everything I hate about Patrick and his plot lines in newer episodes)
Out of the Picture - 6/10 (I like the plot and character dynamics, however the joke wears thin in the 3rd act)

See I don't hate every season 10 episode!
bruh, watch Feral Friends. It's amazeballs. Don't Wake Patrick is decent but not everyone's cup of tea.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoGQxhIfIWY

this season is practically over, so I thought to share this video with those of you title card lovers.

This season is like, 8/10, good/great and meh episodes all over, worthy of a Post-Sequel style continuation, Might i add that The Incredible Shrinking Sponge is my favorite of the season, and least favorite has to be House Worming, gross out episode imo, but it's still a good episode!

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
TheGreatServer said:
Am i the only one who loved this season, while 9B was good enough, it had a few issues, but i thought this season solidified SpongeBob again.
i remember when this season majorly aired in March, EVERYONE said it was the best of the new stuff, now they say it's the least best out of 9b-11 since the animation was toned waaayyyy up.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Honest Canadian Cartoon said:
As someone who loved 9b I don't like season 10, so no, I wouldn't recommend it.

However if you do want to watch it I'd suggest Mimic Madness, Plankton Gets the Boot, and Burst Your Bubble. I feel these are pretty accessible episodes.
Proof I didn't like season 10 before it was cool.

I am the catalyst to all of the bad posts in the SpongeBob section, I'm to blame.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I'll just post my final thoughts here:
Whirlybrains: Great. It's an unpopular opinion here, but I dig the creative visuals and the exaggerated faces.
Mermaid Pants: Amazing. Personally, this episode is up there with other great MM/BB episodes, even though Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy aren't in this one.
Unreal Estate: Great. This was actually pretty funny, especially with the variations of the theme song.
Code Yellow: Bad. Personally, this was the only season 10 episode that I really dislike. I thought that we were over the disgusting visuals and all over the place plots.
Mimic Madness: Amazing. By far the best episode of the season, no explanation needed.
House Worming: Good. The only part that made me wince was the worm going through SpongeBob's hand, but it is actually decent for a Pursel episode.
Snooze You Lose: Mediocre. This episode was a bit of a snoozefest for me.
Krusty Katering: Good. I liked the exaggerated faces and memorable quotes (I WANT MY BIRTHDAY CAKE!), but it was nothing special.
Spongebob's Place: Good. Again, nothing special, but it was at least pretty funny.
Plankton Gets the Boot: Great. Definitely one of the funniest episodes in the season.
Life Insurence: Okay? I mean, the "Sushi Maker" part was cool but the rest of it was circled around one joke.
Burst your Bubble: Great. This was another funny episode, especially the part where Mr. Krabs washes his boat.
Plankton Retires: Okay. I don't know, but this one was nothing special or memorable.
Trident Trouble: Great. The Greek Chorus was my favorite here, despite the sloppy plot.
Sportz: Mediocre. I know that some people like to write essays about this one, but it wasn't too bad for me. Still, it was boring and repetitive.
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge: TBA
The Getaway: Good. Very fast paced, but it needed more jokes.
Lost and Found: Great. LOVED the humor as well as kid Squidward.
Patrick's Coupon: Okay. It had a very basic plot and stuff, and it just felt like a generic post-movie episode in a lot of ways.
Out of the Picture: Great. Say what you want about my opinion, but this episode was hilarious.
Feral Friends: Amazing. PATCHY THE PIRATE IS BACK! That's all I have to say here, honestly.
Don't Wake Patrick: Great. Nothing that is truely bad here.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
the reason why this season was so meh, well, the animation writers have changed for sure:

[SIZE=9pt]Season 9b:[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=9pt]“Lost in Bikini Bottom” / “Tutor Sauce” - [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Derek Iverson[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Kaz[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] & [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Mr. Lawrence[/SIZE]

2. [SIZE=9pt]“The Executive Treatment” / “Squid Plus One” - Derek Iverson, Kaz, Mr. Lawrence & [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Jack Pendarvis[/SIZE]

3. [SIZE=9pt]“Company Picnic” / “Pull Up a Barrel” - [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Andrew Goodman[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], Derek Iverson, Kaz & Mr. Lawrence[/SIZE]

4. [SIZE=9pt]“Sanctuary!” / “What’s Eating Patrick?” - Derek Iverson, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Elizabeth Jordan[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], Kaz, Mr. Lawrence & Jack Pendarvis[/SIZE]

5. [SIZE=9pt]“Patrick! The Game” / “The Sewers of Bikini Bottom” - [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Eric Filipkowski[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], Derek Iverson, Kaz & Mr. Lawrence[/SIZE]

6. [SIZE=9pt]“SpongeBob LongPants” / “Larry’s Gym” - Eric Filipkowski, Andrew Goodman, Derek Iverson, Kaz, Mr. Lawrence & Jack Pendarvis[/SIZE]

7. [SIZE=9pt]“The Fish Bowl” / “Married to Money” - [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Josh Androsky[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Daniel Dominguez[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Solomon Georgio[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], Andrew Goodman, Derek Iverson, Kaz & Mr. Lawrence[/SIZE]

8. [SIZE=9pt]“Mall Girl Pearl” / “Two Thumbs Down” - Daniel Dominguez, Kaz, Josh Androsky & Andrew Goodman[/SIZE]

9. [SIZE=9pt]“Sharks vs. Pods” / “CopyBob DittoPants” - Josh Androsky, Daniel Dominguez, Eric Filipkowski, Solomon Georgio, Andrew Goodman, Kaz & Mr. Lawrence[/SIZE]

10. [SIZE=9pt]“Sold!” / “Lame and Fortune” - Josh Androsky, Daniel Dominguez, Eric Filipkowski, Solomon Georgio, Andrew Goodman, Derek Iverson, Kaz, Mr. Lawrence & [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Clare O’Kane[/SIZE]

11. [SIZE=9pt]“Goodbye, Krabby Patty?” - Eric Filipkowski, Andrew Goodman & Kaz[/SIZE]

12. [SIZE=9pt]“Sandy’s Nutmare” / “Bulletin Board” - Josh Androsky, Daniel Dominguez, Eric Filipkowski, Solomon Georgio, Kaz, Mr. Lawrence & Clare O’Kane[/SIZE]

13. [SIZE=9pt]“Food Con Castaways” / “Snail Mail” - Josh Androsky, Daniel Dominguez, Solomon Georgio, Andrew Goodman, Kaz, Mr. Lawrence & Clare O’Kane[/SIZE]

14. [SIZE=9pt]“Pineapple Invasion” / “Salsa Imbecilicus” - Josh Androsky, Daniel Dominguez, Solomon Georgio, Andrew Goodman, Elizabeth Jordan, Kaz & Clare O’Kane[/SIZE]

15. [SIZE=9pt]“Mutiny on the Krusty” / “The Whole Tooth” - Josh Androsky, Daniel Dominguez, Solomon Georgio, Andrew Goodman, Kaz, Mr. Lawrence & Clare O’Kane[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Season 10:[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=9pt]“Mermaid Pants” / “Whirly Brains” - [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Andrew Goodman[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Kaz[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Mike Fasolo[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Cindy Morrow[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] & [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Richard Pursel[/SIZE]

2. [SIZE=9pt]“Unreal Estate” / “Code Yellow” - Andrew Goodman, Kaz, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Mr. Lawrence[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] & [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Carey Yost[/SIZE]

3. [SIZE=9pt]“Mimic Madness” / “House Worming” - Andrew Goodman, Kaz, Mr. Lawrence, Mike Fasolo, Cindy Morrow & Richard Pursel[/SIZE]

4. [SIZE=9pt]“Snooze You Lose” / “Krusty Katering” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

5. [SIZE=9pt]“SpongeBob’s Place” / “Plankton Gets the Boot” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

6. [SIZE=9pt]“Life Insurance” / “Burst Your Bubble” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

7. [SIZE=9pt]“Plankton Retires” / “Trident Trouble” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

8. [SIZE=9pt]“The Incredible Shrinking Sponge” / “Sportz?” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

9. [SIZE=9pt]“The Getaway” / “Lost and Found” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

10. [SIZE=9pt]“Patrick’s Coupon” / “Out of the Picture” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

11. [SIZE=9pt]“Feral Friends” / “Don’t Wake Patrick” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Season 11:[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=9pt]“Cave Dwelling Sponge” / “The Clam Whisperer” - [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Andrew Goodman[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Ben Gruber[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] & [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Kaz[/SIZE]

2. [SIZE=9pt]“Spot Returns” / “The Check-Up” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

3. [SIZE=9pt]“Spin the Bottle” / “There’s a Sponge in My Soup” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

4. [SIZE=9pt]“Man Ray Returns” / “Larry the Floor Manager” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

5. [SIZE=9pt]“The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber & Kaz[/SIZE]

6. [SIZE=9pt]“No Pictures, Please” / “Stuck on the Roof” - TBD[/SIZE]

7. [SIZE=9pt]“Krabby Patty Creature Feature” / “Teacher’s Pests” - Andrew Goodman, Ben Gruber, Kaz, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Chris Allison[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] & [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Ryan Kramer[/SIZE]

8. [SIZE=9pt]“Sanitation Insanity” / “Bunny Hunt” - TBD[/SIZE]

9. [SIZE=9pt]“Squid Noir” / “ScavengerPants” - TBD[/SIZE]

10. [SIZE=9pt]“Cuddle E. Hugs” / ? - TBD[/SIZE]

Whirlybrains - C
Mermaid Pants - A-
Unreal Estate - A
Code Yellow - C
Mimic Madness - A+
House Worming - B+
Snooze You Lose - C
Krusty Katering - C
SpongeBob's Place - A-
Plankton Gets the Boot - B+
Lİfe Insurance - B-
Burst Your Bubble - A
Plankton Retires - B-
Trident Trouble - C+
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge - B+
Sportz - D+
The Getaway - D+
Lost and Found - C-
Patrick's Coupon - B-
Out of the Picture - B+
Feral Friends - A
Don't Wake Patrick - B

This season was so uneven. There were some strong episodes but some of other episodes were too mediocre or dull. A stepdown after how darn good season 9B was. Still I thought this was better than some other people said and it's definitely not in same level of season 6-7, not even some crappy episodes like Sportz and The Getaway. And episodes like Mimic Madness and Feral Friends are some of the show's best material in years. I hope the crew finds a way to make the show a bit more consistent. In the end, this was an alright season.

Grade: B-

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
TheJasbre202 said:
[SIZE=9pt]Season 10:[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=9pt]“Mermaid Pants” / “Whirly Brains” - [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Andrew Goodman[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Kaz[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Mike Fasolo[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Cindy Morrow[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] & [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Richard Pursel[/SIZE]
Is this the Cindy Morrow who wrote episodes for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, by any chance?

Anyway, here's my opinion on all the episodes I have watched:
Whirly Brains: Great
MermaidPants: Great
Unreal Estate: Great
Mimic Madness: Good
House Worming: Bad
SpongeBob's Place: Good
Plankton Gets the Boot: Good
Burst Your Bubble: Great
Plankton Retires: Great
Trident Trouble: Great
The Getaway: Good
Lost and Found: Bad
Patrick's Coupon: Okay
Out of the Picture: Bad

I think my favourites were Plankton Retires, Trident Trouble and MermaidPants. This season is not really my cup of tea, but I'm glad I enjoyed most of them.

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
I really liked Unreal Estate, Lost and Found, Feral Friends, Patrick’s Coupon, and Out of the Picture. Code Yellow was fine. Sportz? was bad. The rest I need to rewatch.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Jeez. Season 10 is probably the most divided season in a long time. Excluding people who will praise it just because "the creator is back", you have people who like the wackiness and visual gags in this season and those to hate the season for said reasons. I'm on the side who liked this season almost, if not all the way through. Not as much as season 9, but slightly better than season 8.

Whirly Brains (B)
Mermaid Pants (A)
Unreal Estate (A+)
Code Yellow (A)
Mimic Madness (A)
House Worming (C)
Snooze You Lose (C)
Krusty Katering (C)
SpongeBob's Place (B)
Plankton Gets The Boot (A+)
Life Insurance (A+)
Burst Your Bubble (B)
Plankton Retires (A)
Trident Trouble (B)
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge (A)
Sportz? (A)
The Getaway (B)
Lost And Found (B)
Patrick's Coupon (B)
Out Of The Picture (A)
Feral Friends (B)
Don't Wake Patrick (D)

Top 5:
5. Sportz?
4. Code Yellow
3. Unreal Estate
2. Life Insurance
1. Plankton Gets The Boot

Bottom 5:
5. Trident Trouble
4. Krusty Katering
3. House Worming
2. Snooze You Lose
1. Don't Wake Patrick

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
Whirly Brains - Good
Mermaid Pants - Amazing
Unreal Estate - Amazing
Code Yellow - Good
Mimic Madness - Amazing
House Worming - Bad
Snooze You Lose - Meh
Krusty Katering - Good
SpongeBob's Place - Great
Plankton Gets the Boot - Good
Life Insurance - Meh
Burst Your Bubble - Amazing
Plankton Retires - Bad
Trident Trouble - Great
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge - Great
Sportz? - SCUMBOB!
The Getaway - Amazing
Lost and Found - Good
Patrick's Coupon - Meh
Out of the Picture - Bad
Feral Friends - Amazing
Don't Wake Patrick - Good

Overall: Great Season

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDkukdZjY3s

This season had like a billion slapstick jokes and not even one of them was as good as this.

Back