Don’t Wake Patrick: Good
Best: Mimic Madness
Worst: Code Yellow

4 Good, 3 Meh, 3 Golden, 1 Scumbob, and 1 MegaScumbob
So far it's a Good season

Klu

Moby Dollar
Revised thoughts on season 10 as whole.
Well, it was interesting, quite polarizing season. It's seems to be the case "love it or hate it". I'm more love season 10, than hate, overall, but season 11 seems MUCH better now.
Whirlybrains: Really weak and bland. And empty. And disgusting. And humorless. And... Well, outside of one Patrick's quote this episode is awful and not worth watching at all. Only episode from this era (besides Sportz), that could've been easily put to season 6 or 7. :patboo:
MermaidPants: Really funny and great use of Squidward and Mr.Krabs in my opinion. :whoo:
Unreal Estate: Modern classic, with simple, but straightforward plot and great visual gags.
Code Yellow: I wormed up to this episode a little bit, but it's still one of the weakest this season. Not because of gross-out close-ups, they were brief and relatively harmless, but this episode kinda has no clear direction. It feels like two or three different episodes fused together.
Mimic Madness: Another modern classic, there is not much to say about it, though, everyone talked about why it's worked already. :sbthumbs:
House Worming: Truly meh episode. One of the most unremarkable of this era.
Shooze your Loose: It's really weird and I'm still don't know how to feel about it. :wetpaint: Parts with Monster-Squidward are hilarious, though.
Krusty Katering: Really underrated episode, in my opinion. Many funny jokes and situations.
The Getaway: Another modern classic, in my opinion, I just love this episode SO MUCH. :sbyes:
Lost and Found: Really creative, atmospheric and visually pleasing.
Life Insurance: At first I loved it, but now I'm neutral about it. One of the worst endings in my recent memory.
Burst your Bubble: What with "boating school" episodes this season? Why they all so awesome and fresh? For some reason I really love scene, where SpongeBob creates bubble version of Mrs.Puff that gives him a driver's license. It was one of the calmest scenes this season and most... I don't know... Sad? Truly sad, I'd say. Modern classic, easily.
Patrick's coupon: This episode insults my intelligence. Loud and stupid. One of the worst this season. :patgross:
Out of The Picture: Why almost everyone hates it? Mr.Krabs here is no better than in "Krabby Land" and "Born Again Krabs". And, at least, this episode is funny and lighthearted. This episode isn't going to make any top 5 lists anytime soon, but it isn't awful.
Sportz: *sigh* Quack this episode. :sbangry: Worst episode of "Renaissance era".
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge: Eh, just meh. Weak, but some visuals are pretty creative. :sbdisappointed:

SpongeBob's Place: Interesting episode, that shows different side of Mr.Krab's character.
Plankton gets the Boot: Really good episode with many quotable lines.
Plankton retires: Boring rehash of "New Leaf". :plankpoint:
Trident Trouble: Greek Chorus saves this episode from being entirely mediocre.
Feral Friends: Awesome special (it's 16 minutes long, so It is this season's special, kinda) and really refreshing. :happysandy: Sandy truly works as protagonist, still being one of the most "sane" characters of the main cast.
Don't Wake Patrick: Not bad short with some funny gags.

Overall, this season for me is GOOD. But, I can't ignore that, season 10 is inferior to season 9B. But, season 11 so far is a great improvement and with greater share of episodes, I hope for the better. :-)

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
MermaidPants was the only episode that I was really glad I watched. The rest is mostly zany mediocrity.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Personally, I've always liked Whirlybrains, and I still find it to be a better episode than Mermaid Pants.

BobCarotte

meep
Update:

Whirly Brains - Good
Mermaid Pants - Very good
Unreal Estate - Good
Code Yellow - Bad
House Worming - Good
Mimic Madness - Great
Krusty Katering - Very good
Snooze You Lose - Meh
Burst Your Bubble - Very good
SpongeBob's Place - Great
Life Insurance - Meh
Plankton Gets the Boot - Very good
Lost and Found - Ok
The Getaway - Good
Trident Trouble - Very good
Plankton Retires - Very good
The Incredible Shrinking SpongeBob - Good
Sportz - Bad
Patrick's Coupon - Good
Out of the Picture - Meh
Feral Friends - Very good
Don't Wake Patrick - Good

Overall: GOOD season.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
TheCreepyCake said:
It seems like loving Whirly Brains is an unpopular opinion right now since many people on here find it too weird.
I don't think the weirdness is a problem, I dislike the episode because most of it has no substance besides mindless slapstick with Spongebob and Patrick obnoxiously playing with the Whirly Brains. The "conflict" is forced in and solved immediately during the last 2 minutes of the episode. More importantly, very little was funny to me. Amazing and creative animation, for sure, but that doesn't make up for how boring and annoying the rest of the episode is.
Honest Canadian Cartoon said:
MermaidPants was the only episode that I was really glad I watched. The rest is mostly zany mediocrity.
Feral Friends (By far the best of the season IMO) would like to have a word with you.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I don't plan on watching more SpongeBob episodes so I guess I'll post my final opinions.

Whirly Brains - 3/10 (I must've been high when I gave this a good review because there's no jokes to this other than farting brains and zany Squidward)
MermaidPants - 9/10 (The only episode this season that felt like it added to the show in a significant way
Unreal Estate - 8/10 (The good parts of season 10's visual focus without the annoying and dumb parts)
Code Yellow - 2/10 (A season 6 episode in HD, SpongeBob is aggravating here)
Mimic Madness - 8/10 (Not too special but the humor and song make it a fun watch)
House Worming - 5/10 (The short saves it from complete mediocrity)
Snooze You Lose - 4/10 (It's very predictable and uninteresting)
Krusty Katering - 3/10 (Why do people like this episode? The beginning is alright but once they enter the party it becomes a complete train-wreck with randumb things happening with no cause and effect)
SpongeBob's Place - 5/10 (It's a generic KK episode with little flavor but there's nothing offensive about it besides OOC Squidward)
Plankton Gets the Boot - 7/10 (A bit similar to Single Cell Anniversary but this is one of the funnier episodes in the season)
Life Insurance - 4/10 (Repeats gags like a bad FOP episode)
Burst Your Bubble - 5/10 (There's good ideas but they aren't executed that well)
Plankton Retires - 4/10 (The sad man's New Leaf)
Trident Trouble - 5/10 (On the annoying side but I fail to see how this is worse than Krusty Katering in any way)
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge - 6/10 (Not going to talk about this until it comes out, aka 1000 years, but it's alright)
Sportz? - 0/10 (Probably my 2nd least favorite episode of the show, it's utterly aggravating)
The Getaway - 6/10 (The humor did nothing for me and SpongeBob is annoying, but I like the car chase motif)
Lost and Found - 7/10 (Beginning is a little rough but I like the humor and adventure in the second half as well as Squidward as a kid)
Patrick's Coupon - 2/10 (Everything I hate about Patrick and his plot lines in newer episodes)
Out of the Picture - 6/10 (I like the plot and character dynamics, however the joke wears thin in the 3rd act)
Feral Friends - 9/10 (Not only a standout for this season, but one of the show's sharpest episodes in general)
Don't Wake Patrick - 4/10 (At least it's only 7 minutes even if there's nothing I really enjoyed)

Top 5
1. Feral Friends
2. Mermaid Pants
3. Mimic Madness
4. Unreal Estate
5. Lost and Found

Bottom 5
1. Sportz?
2. Patrick's Coupon
3. Code Yellow
4. Krusty Katering (I personally dislike this more than #2 and #3 but at least this has redeeming qualities)
5. Whirly Brians

The excellence for Feral Friends was barely enough to bump this season from bad to meh. But that still doesn't change how disappointing and mind-numbing the season was in general.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I know you don't watch the series anymore, but I would still recomend watching Feral Friends since it seems to be one of the most liked episodes of the season, isn't flawed as almost every other episode of the season, so you minds as well see it since you've already seen the other ones that people didn't like. Also Man Ray Returns since it was a lot like Mermaid Pants (which you actually liked) and didn't have most of the flaws that Season 10 had. Do whatever you want though, don't feel like I'm forcing you to watch them :P Just posting my thoughts.

Anyway here's my generic thoughts on the episodes this season, once I finish rating every episode of the series I'll post the grade system too:

(Edit: This is going to be remain as my main post for my thoughts on Season 10).

Whirlybrains: (D)

Mermaid Pants: (A-)

Unreal Estate: (A)

Code Yellow: (B) (Didn't like the Gross-Out though. I thought we were done with that?)

Mimic Madness: (A+) (Might even be in my top 10 of the entire series)

House Worming: (B-)

Snooze You Lose: (C-)

Krusty Katering: (B)

Spongebob's Place: (A-)

Plankton Gets the Boot: (B-)

Life Insurence: (C+)

Burst your Bubble: (A-)

Plankton Retires: (C+)

Trident Trouble: (B+)

Sportz: (E)

The Incredible Shrinking Sponge: (B)

The Getaway: (A)

Lost and Found: (A)

Patrick's Coupon: (D)

Out of the Picture: (C)

Feral Friends: (A+)

Don't Wake Patrick: (B+)

2 Amazing (2 A+)
6 Great (3 A, 3 A-)
6 Good (2 B+, 4 B)
3 Decent (1 B-, 2 C+)
1 Average (0 C+, 1 C)
3 Meh (1 C-, 2 D)
1 Bad (1 E)
0 Terrible (0 F, (0 F-)
0 Atrocius (0 F-)(0 S)

Top 5:
1. Mimic Madness
2. Feral Friends
3. Lost and Found
4. The Getaway
5. Unreal Estate

Bottom 5:
5. Out of the Picture
4. Snooze You Lose
3. Whirlybrains
2. Patrick's Coupon
1. Sportz

Underrated:
  • Lost and Found
  • The Getaway
  • Code Yellow
  • Mimic Madness
  • Trident Trouble
  • Really the whole season in general
Overrated:
  • Plankton gets the Boot
Huh, this Season is actually more mixed than I thought

Rainbow Rating:
1.Mimic Madness (A+)
2.Feral Friends (A+)
3.Lost and Found (A)
4.The Getaway (A)
5.Unreal Estate (A)
6.Mermaid Pants (A-)
7.Spongebob's Place (A-)
8.Burst your Bubble (A-)
9.Trident Trouble (B+)
10.Don't Wake Patrick (B+)
11.Krusty Katering (B)
12.The Incredible Shrinking Sponge (B)
13.Code Yellow (B)
14.House Worming (B-)
15.Plankton Gets the Boot (B-)
16.Life Insurance (C+)
17.Plankton Retires (C+)
18.Out of the Picture (C)
19.Snooze You Lose (C-)
20.Whirlybrains (D)
21.Patrick's Coupon (D)
22.Sportz (E)

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Am i the only one who loved this season, while 9B was good enough, it had a few issues, but i thought this season solidified SpongeBob again.

I thought the opposite of this, I think 9B solidified the show again, while Season 10 was still really good but has a few issues.

I do agree that Season 10 is underrated and still really good though.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
There were only 5 9b episodes I didn't like.

There were only 5 season 10 episodes I did like, and only 1 of them was great.

Season 9b had unique plotlines, solid characterization, witty humor, and animation with restraint. Season 10 farted all over that.

Honest Canadian Cartoon said:
There were only 5 9b episodes I didn't like.

There were only 5 season 10 episodes I did like, and only 1 of them was great.

Season 9b had unique plotlines, solid characterization, witty humor, and animation with restraint. Season 10 farted all over that.
Just curious, have you watched any Season 11 episodes?

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Just curious, have you watched any Season 11 episodes?
I think he only stopped watching after Sportz, so he probably saw Spot Returns, The Check-Up, and Spin the Bottle, not sure what he thinks about them.

So far I personally think that outside of Cave Dwelling Sponge and The Clam Whisperer, they felt more like Season 9B than Season 10.

Back