Pinned thread Season 1 Discussion

cannedbread2002

Imitation Krab
Season 1 was good, but also bad. Good because the episodes had good plot, comedy, and voicing, but in my opinion bad because the animation was not as good as any of the other seasons because they didn't use all the technology they do now. I don't know that's just my opinion

Vic21102

Baby Clam
So this is my scoring system:
Amazing (+3)
Great (+2)
Good (+1)
Meh (+/-0)
Bad (-1)
Mediocre (-2)
Terrible (-3)
So when I'm done scoring all the episodes, this is the overall score system:
Amazing (80+)
Great (50-80)
Good (20-50)
Meh (-20 to 20)
Bad (-50 to -20)
Mediocre (-80 to -50)
Terrible (less than -80)
Let's get started:
Help Wanted: Good
Reef Blower: Good
Tea at the Treedome: Great
Bubblestand: Great
Ripped Pants: Good
Jellyfishing: Good
Plankton: Great
Naughty Nautical Neighbors: Amazing
Boating School: Great
Pizza Delivery: Great
Home Sweet Pineapple: Amazing
MM and BB: Good
Pickles: Good
Hall Monitor: Amazing
Jellyfish Jam: Great
Sandy's Rocket: Amazing
Squeaky Boots: Good
Nature Pants: Good
Opposite Day: Good
Culture Shock: Great
FUN: Good
MBob BPants: Good
Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost: Meh
The Chaperone: Meh
Employee of the Month: Great
Scaredy Pants: Meh
IWaTG: Bad
SB129: Good
Karate Choppers: Good
Sleepy Time: Great
Suds: Great
Valentine's Day: Meh
The Paper: Meh
Arrgh: Good
Rock Bottom: Great
Texas: Good
Walking Small: Good
Fools in April: Meh
Neptune's Spatula: Meh
Hooky: Amazing
MM/BB II: Great
Total Score: 54
So, yeah, I think this is a great season. Respond with your opinion.

UnderwaterGrass

Imitation Krab
I honestly don't have much to say about this season. It has great animation, the characters were most iconic here(because it's the first season), and I actually liked every episode from this season. The only problem is the humor here feels somewhat lighter here, but that's okay since it's the beginning of the series, so this season gets an 8.5/10 from me.
((Also, here are the ratings and what they mean))

10 Masterpiece
9 Amazing
8 Great
7 Good
6 Decent
5 Average/Meh
4 Poor
3 Bad
2 Terrible
1 Garbage/Scumbob

Squidward1984

Imitation Krab
I'll rate this on an A+ to F scale.

·Help Wanted - B+ - I didn't like the song but this is a good start to the show. It was funny, had an excellent story and a nice atmosphere.

·Reef Blower - B+ - Was funny and had a nice atmosphere but the episode being silent was kinda weird.

·Tea At The Treedome - A - Funny, great story, nice atmosphere and Sandy made a nice first appearance.

·Bubblestand - A- - Had a good story, nice atmosphere, and was pretty funny.

·Ripped Pants - C+ - Had a very weird story but it was pretty funny and taught a good lesson.

·Jellyfishing - A+ - Hilarious and had a great story. Squidward and Patrick had hilarious roles.

·Plankton! - A+ - Awesome atmosphere, awesome debut of Plankton, excellent story and hilarious.

·Naughty Nautical Neighbors - A - Funny, nice atmosphere and great story.

·Boating School - A - Was funny and had a great story. Great debut of Mrs. Puff.

·Pizza Delivery - A - Funny, great story, awesome atmosphere.

·Home Sweet Pineapple - A - Funny gags, great story, nice atmospheres.

·Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy - C - Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's debut is kinda forgettable.

·Pickles - A+ - Excellent story, excellent atmosphere, funny gags. Bubble Bass had a great role.

·Hall Monitor - A+ - Best episode of the whole series (In my opinion of course). Hilarious, great story and excellent atmosphere. Patrick was hilarious!

·Jellyfish Jam - A+ - Great story, hilarious gags, and great atmosphere.

·Sandy's Rocket - A+ - Great story, funny gags and great atmosphere.

·Squeaky Boots - A - Good story, funny, nice atmosphere. Mr. Krabs was hilarious.

·Nature Pants - A - Had a good story and was pretty funny. Also had a nice atmosphere.

·Opposite Day - A- - Had a great story and was pretty funny.

·Culture Shock - A+ - Had a great story, great atmosphere and was very funny. Squidward was hilarious.

·F.U.N. - A - Had a great story and was pretty funny. Plankton had a great role.

·MuscleBob BuffPants - C- - Decent story. Wasn't that funny.

·Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost - A - Had a good story and was pretty funny.

·The Chaperone - B- - Had a good story and nice atmosphere. Wasn't that funny and was kinda sad.

·Employee Of The Month - A+ - Excellent story, funny and had a great atmosphere.

·Scaredy Pants - A - Funny, great story and a great atmosphere. I love Halloween themed episodes.

·I Was A Teenage Gary - A+ - I don't know why everyone hates this episode. I love it. Its hilarious, and has a great atmosphere. It is kinda creepy though.

·SB-129 - A+ - Hilarious, excellent story ands awesome atmosphere. Probably one of the best stories of the whole series.

·Karate Choppers - A - Funny, good story and nice atmosphere.

·Sleepy Time - A+ - Excellent story, funny and excellent atmosphere. Like SB-129, this is one of the best stories of the whole series.

·Suds - A+ - Great story, great atmosphere, and hilarious. Patrick was hilarious throughout the whole episode!

·Valentine's Day - A+ - Great story, great atmosphere and hilarious. Patrick had an excellent role in this episode. One of his all time best episodes.

·The Paper - C - Had a very weird, but creative story and it wasn't that funny. Had a good atmosphere and Squidward had a good role.

·Arrgh! - A+ - Excellent story, awesome atmosphere, and hilarious throughout. Mr. Krabs had a great role.

·Rock Bottom - A+ - Great story, great music, funny, and probably has one of the best atmospheres out of all of the episodes of the series.

·Texas - A- - Good story, funny, and awesome action.

·Walking Small - A - Great story, funny, nice atmosphere. Plankton had a great role.

·Fools In April - C+ - Good story but was very sad and cruel. This is kinda like "Little Yellow Book" but at least Squidward apologized here and Spongebob was actually pranking him the whole time.

·Neptune's Spatula - B - Good story, funny, nice atmosphere. Pretty forgettable though.

·Hooky - A - Great story and was very funny.

·Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II - B - Good story but wasn't that funny.

My Top 5

5. Jellyfish Jam
4. Plankton!
3. Suds
2. SB-129
1. Hall Monitor

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
Help Wanted - Great
Reef Blower - Great
Tea at the Treedome - Good
Bubblestand - Great
Ripped Pants - Good
Jellyfishing - Good
Plankton! - Good
Naughty Nautical Neighbors - Amazing
Boating School - Good
Pizza Delivery - Amazing
Home Sweet Pineapple - Great
MM&BB - Great
Pickles - Great
Hall Monitor - Meh (Unpopular opinion i know)
Jellyfish Jam - Great
Sandy's Rocket - Good
Squeaky Boots - Good
Nature Pants - Good
Opposite Day - Amazing
Culture Shock - Good
F.U.N - Amazing
MuscleBob BuffPants - Great
Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost - Good
The Chaperone - Okay
Employee of the Month - Great
Scaredy Pants - Good
I Was a Teenage Gary - Good
SB-129 - Amazing
Karate Choppers - Good
Sleepy Time - Amazing
Suds - Good
Valentine's Day - Good
The Paper - Good
Arrgh! - Amazing
Rock Bottom - Great-
Texas - Good
Walking Small - Good
Fools in April - Good
Neptune's Spatula - Good
Hooky - Amazing
MM&BB II - Great

8 Amazing
11 Great
20 Good
1 Okay
1 Meh

Good Season

Top 5

5. Sleepy Time
4. Hooky
3. Opposite Day
2. Pizza Delivery
1. SB-129

Jebarul

hayley williams my beloved
Hoo boy.
Rankings
Spectacular
Amazing
Great
Good
Low Good
High Eh
Eh
Bad
Terrible
Abysmal
Who put you on the planet?
Episodes
Help Wanted - Low Good
Reef Blowers - Good
Tea at the Treedome - Amazing
Bubblestand - Good
Ripped Pants - High Eh
Jellyfishing - Eh
I'll finish this later.
So far: Spectacular = 0 episodes
Amazing = 1 episode
Great = 0 episodes
Good = 2 episodes
Low Good = 1 episode
High Eh = 1 episode
Eh = 1 episode
Bad = 0 episodes
Terrible = 0 episodes
Abysmal = 0 episodes
Who put you on the planet? = 0 episodes

SpongeBob gets a job at the Krusty Krab, and gets paid with a reef blower. He shows it off to Sandy, who teached him how to blow bubbles. SpongeBob tries so hard that he rips his pants. To make him feel better, Sandy gives him a jellyfishing net. SpongeBob uses it to capture Plankton, who was stealing the Krabby Patty Secret Recipe. The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick annoy Squidward, who suggests SpongeBob gets a hobby. That gives him an idea: driving! SpongeBob becomes so good at it that his driving that his driving instructor gives him a test to deliver a pizza to a customer by car. Along the way, SpongeBob starts to become homesick, but cheers up when he meets his heroes (Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy) along the way. Once he arrives to the customer's house, he tells SpongeBob that he forgot the pickles. To cheer SpongeBob up, his driving instructor tells him that he can be hall monitor for the day. SpongeBob's hall monitor duties attract a lot of jellyfish, who manage to build a rocket on their own. SpongeBob remembers that it's Sandy's birthday, so he gives her the rocket as a gift. Sandy is so happy with it that she gives him a return gift: squeaky boots! But the squeaking annoys Mr. Krabs, who tells him to go somewhere that would annoy less people, so SpongeBob goes to Jellyfish Fields. But it turns out it's opposite day, so SpongeBob returns to the Krusty Krab, which is having a play. SpongeBob's act is being friends with Plankton. When the time finally comes, SpongeBob forgets what he's doing and grows muscles. But he accidentally hits Squidward in the face and thinks he's dead. But it turns out he's not dead! One of the customers is impressed with SpongeBob's act and wants to go to the prom with him. After the prom, SpongeBob is thinking about how this must have improved his chances for employee of the month. Squidward gets upset by this, and keeps trying to scare SpongeBob. The two of them have a fight, but there's a problem: SpongeBob hasn't feed Gary in days! He goes home to feed him. Squidward, now alone, accidentally locks himself in the freezer and is stuck in there for the night. Asleep, SpongeBob dreams about doing karate, but it turns out he was actually doing karate in his sleep and it woke everybody from their dreams. The next day, SpongeBob catches the suds and is feeling sick. It only takes a few days for him to recover. The day he recovers is Valentine's Day, and he gives Patrick a bunch of chocolate, and Patrick gives SpongeBob some gum (no relation to The Gift Of Gum), and SpongeBob becomes so obsessed with the wrapper that it came in. When SpongeBob pretends to be a pirate with it, he gets an idea that makes him forget about the paper. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs about his idea, and before long, the two of them are pirates. However, Mr. Krabs gets distracted and accidentally drops SpongeBob off at Rock Bottom. When SpongeBob finally gets out, he's in a joking mood, so he jokes to Sandy about Texas. Sandy, offended by this, chases SpongeBob around. SpongeBob loses Sandy once he gets to the beach. At the beach, SpongeBob tells a bunch of April Fools jokes. But someone tells a joke that makes him upset. To cheer himself up, SpongeBob challenges King Neptune to a fry cook-off. Neptune tells SpongeBob to stay away from the hooks. SpongeBob ignores his advice, but stops once Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy come around.

THE END

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
SpongeBob gets a job at the Krusty Krab, and gets paid with a reef blower. He shows it off to Sandy, who teached him how to blow bubbles. SpongeBob tries so hard that he rips his pants. To make him feel better, Sandy gives him a jellyfishing net. SpongeBob uses it to capture Plankton, who was stealing the Krabby Patty Secret Recipe. The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick annoy Squidward, who suggests SpongeBob gets a hobby. That gives him an idea: driving! SpongeBob becomes so good at it that his driving that his driving instructor gives him a test to deliver a pizza to a customer by car. Along the way, SpongeBob starts to become homesick, but cheers up when he meets his heroes (Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy) along the way. Once he arrives to the customer's house, he tells SpongeBob that he forgot the pickles. To cheer SpongeBob up, his driving instructor tells him that he can be hall monitor for the day. SpongeBob's hall monitor duties attract a lot of jellyfish, who manage to build a rocket on their own. SpongeBob remembers that it's Sandy's birthday, so he gives her the rocket as a gift. Sandy is so happy with it that she gives him a return gift: squeaky boots! But the squeaking annoys Mr. Krabs, who tells him to go somewhere that would annoy less people, so SpongeBob goes to Jellyfish Fields. But it turns out it's opposite day, so SpongeBob returns to the Krusty Krab, which is having a play. SpongeBob's act is being friends with Plankton. When the time finally comes, SpongeBob forgets what he's doing and grows muscles. But he accidentally hits Squidward in the face and thinks he's dead. But it turns out he's not dead! One of the customers is impressed with SpongeBob's act and wants to go to the prom with him. After the prom, SpongeBob is thinking about how this must have improved his chances for employee of the month. Squidward gets upset by this, and keeps trying to scare SpongeBob. The two of them have a fight, but there's a problem: SpongeBob hasn't feed Gary in days! He goes home to feed him. Squidward, now alone, accidentally locks himself in the freezer and is stuck in there for the night. Asleep, SpongeBob dreams about doing karate, but it turns out he was actually doing karate in his sleep and it woke everybody from their dreams. The next day, SpongeBob catches the suds and is feeling sick. It only takes a few days for him to recover. The day he recovers is Valentine's Day, and he gives Patrick a bunch of chocolate, and Patrick gives SpongeBob some gum (no relation to The Gift Of Gum), and SpongeBob becomes so obsessed with the wrapper that it came in. When SpongeBob pretends to be a pirate with it, he gets an idea that makes him forget about the paper. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs about his idea, and before long, the two of them are pirates. However, Mr. Krabs gets distracted and accidentally drops SpongeBob off at Rock Bottom. When SpongeBob finally gets out, he's in a joking mood, so he jokes to Sandy about Texas. Sandy, offended by this, chases SpongeBob around. SpongeBob loses Sandy once he gets to the beach. At the beach, SpongeBob tells a bunch of April Fools jokes. But someone tells a joke that makes him upset. To cheer himself up, SpongeBob challenges King Neptune to a fry cook-off. Neptune tells SpongeBob to stay away from the hooks. SpongeBob ignores his advice, but stops once Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy come around.

THE END

Meanwhile, Squidward, who is still in the freezer, ends up going to 3000 years into the future. Because of this, he time travels, and in a surprise plot twist that nobody expected, Squidward turns into a baby. A bunch of horrible stuff happens, and it gets to the point that Squidward hangs himself. Fans riot and the show is cancelled without Seasons 2-11 even happening. The end.

Wintermelon43 said:
Meanwhile, Squidward, who is still in the freezer, ends up going to 3000 years into the future. Because of this, he time travels, and in a surprise plot twist that nobody expected, Squidward turns into a baby. A bunch of horrible stuff happens, and it gets to the point that Squidward hangs himself. Fans riot and the show is cancelled without Seasons 2-11 even happening. The end.
If that was the case, this website wouldn't exist.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I'm gonna start posting my thoughts on each season now that I've finished grading episodes.

Help Wanted (B)
Reef Blower (C+)
Tea at the Treedome (B-)
Bubblestand (B)
Ripped Pants (B+)
Jellyfishing (B)
Plankton! (A-)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (B)
Boating School (B)
Pizza Delivery (A+)
Home Sweet Pineapple (A-)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (B)
Pickles (A-)
Hall Monitor (B)
Jellyfish Jam (A+)
Sandy's Rocket (B+)
Squeaky Boots (C)
Nature Pants (C)
Opposite Day (A)
Culture Shock (A)
F.U.N (A+)
MuscleBob BuffPants (B-)
Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (A)
The Chaperone (C+)
Employee of the Month (A)
Scaredy Pants (B+)
I Was a Teenage Gary (B+)
SB-129 (A+)
Karate Choppers (A-)
Sleepy Time (A)
Suds (A)
Valentine's Day (A-)
The Paper (A-)
Arrgh! (A+)
Rock Bottom (A)
Texas (A-)
Walking Small (A)
Fools in April (A)
Neptune's Spatula (B-)
Hooky (B)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II (B)

5 Amazing (5 A+)
13 Great (9 A, 4 A-)
16 Good (4 B+, 12 B)
4 Decent (3 B-, 1 C+)
3 Average (0 C+, 3 C)
0 Meh (0 C-, 0 D)
0 Bad (0 E)
0 Terrible (0 F, (0 F-)
0 Atrocius (0 F-)(0 S)

Top 5:
1: SB-129
2: F.U.N
3: Pizza Delivery
4: Arrgh!
5: Jellyfish Jam

Bottom 5:
1: Squeaky Boots
2: Nature Pants
3: Reef Blower
4: The Chaperone
5: Musclebob Buffpants

Underrated:
  • Fools in April
  • Jellyfish Jam
  • Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost
  • I Was a Teenage Gary
  • Sandy's Rocket
  • Jellyfishing
Overrated:
  • Hooky
  • Tea at the Treedome
  • Help Wanted
Notes:
  • C+ can be either Decent or Average
Rating Rainbow:
1.SB-129 (A+)
2.F.U.N (A+)
3.Pizza Delivery (A+)
4.Arrgh (A+)
5.Jellyfish Jam (A+)
6.Rock Bottom (A)
7.Walking Small (A)
8.Fools in April (A)
9.Employee of the Month (A)
10.Sleepy Time (A)
11.Culture Shock (A)
12.Opposite Day (A)
13.Suds (A)
14.Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (A)
15.Pickles (A)
16.Karate Choppers (A-)
17.Plankton! (A-)
18.Valentine's Day (A-)
19.Home Sweet Pineapple (A-)
20.Texas (A-)
21.The Paper (A-)
22.Ripped Pants (B+)
23.Sandy's Rocket (B+)
24.Scaredy Pants (B+)
25.I Was a Teenage Gary (B+)
26.Hooky (B)
27.Hall Monitor (B)
28.Bubblestand (B)
29.Jellyfishing (B)
30.Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II (B)
31.Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (B)
32.Naughty Nautical Neighbors (B)
33.Help Wanted (B)
34.Boating School (B)
35.Neptune's Spatula (B-)
36.Tea at the Treedome (B-)
37.Musclebob Buffpants (B-)
38.The Chaperone (C+)
39.Reef Blower (C+)
40.Nature Pants (C)
41.Squeaky Boots (???)

Help Wanted (A)
Reef Blower (C)
Tea At The Treedome (B)
Bubblestand (A)
Ripped Pants (D)
Jellyfishing (C)
Plankton! (A)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
Boating School (B)
Pizza Delivery (A+)
Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy (C)
Pickles (A+)
Hall Monitor (B)
Jellyfish Jam (C)
Sandy's Rocket (A+)
Squeaky Boots (D)
Nature Pants (C)
Opposite Day (C)
Culture Shock (A)
F.U.N. (A)
MuscleBob BuffPants (D)
Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost (B)
The Chaperone (C)
Employee Of The Month (A+)
Scaredy Pants (B)
I Was A Teenage Gary (E)
SB-129 (A+)
Karate Choppers (B)
Sleepy Time (A+)
Suds (A)
Valentine's Day (B)
The Paper (B)
Arrgh! (A)
Rock Bottom (A)
Texas (C)
Walking Small (B)
Fools In April (D)
Neptune's Spatula (C)
Hooky (B)
Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy II (C)

I'm sort of strict with my grading. Thankfully no F's.

Top 5:
5. Pizza Delivery
4. Sleepy Time
3. Pickles
2. SB-129
1. Employee Of The Month

Bottom 5:
5. MuscleBob BuffPants
4. Ripped Pants
3. Fools In April
2. Squeaky Boots
1. I Was A Teenage Gary

TheDivertRealm

Floating Shopping List
Help Wanted - 6/10
Reef Blower - 6/10
Tea At The Treedome - 5.5/10
Bubblestand - 7.5/10
Ripped Pants - 2.5/10
Jellyfishing - 5.5/10
Plankton! - 8.5/10
Naughty Nautical Neighbors - 8.5/10
Boating School - 6/10
Pizza Delivery - 6/10
Home Sweet Pineapple - 7/10
Mermaidman And Barnacleboy - 4.5/10
Pickles - 7.5/10
Hall Monitor - 5/10
Jellyfish Jam - 5/10
Sandy's Rocket - 5/10
Squeaky Boots - 7.5/10
Nature Pants - 6/10
Opposite Day - 7/10
Culture Shock - 8/10
F.U.N. - 4.5/10
MuscleBob BuffPants - 6.5/10
Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost - 4.5/10
The Chaperone - 5.5/10
Employee Of The Month - 7.5/10
Scaredy Pants - 4.5/10
I Was A Teenage Gary - 5.5/10
SB-129 - 10/10 (2nd favorite episode of all time)
Karate Choppers - 6.5/10
Sleepy Time - 8/10
Suds - 3/10
Valentine's Day - 5/10
The Paper - .5/10 (Least episode of all time)
Arrgh! - 6/10
Rock Bottom - 7.5/10
Texas - 4.5/10
Walking Small - 6/10
Fools In April - 1/10 (3rd least favorite episode of all time)
Neptune's Spatula - 7.5/10
Hooky - 5.5/10
Mermaidman And Barnacleboy II - 2.5/10

I'm afraid of people knowing about my true opinions on episodes like The Paper and Fools In April but whatever.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Help Wanted - 6/10
Reef Blower - 6/10
Tea At The Treedome - 5.5/10
Bubblestand - 7.5/10
Ripped Pants - 2.5/10
Jellyfishing - 5.5/10
Plankton! - 8.5/10
Naughty Nautical Neighbors - 8.5/10
Boating School - 6/10
Pizza Delivery - 6/10
Home Sweet Pineapple - 7/10
Mermaidman And Barnacleboy - 4.5/10
Pickles - 7.5/10
Hall Monitor - 5/10
Jellyfish Jam - 5/10
Sandy's Rocket - 5/10
Squeaky Boots - 7.5/10
Nature Pants - 6/10
Opposite Day - 7/10
Culture Shock - 8/10
F.U.N. - 4.5/10
MuscleBob BuffPants - 6.5/10
Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost - 4.5/10
The Chaperone - 5.5/10
Employee Of The Month - 7.5/10
Scaredy Pants - 4.5/10
I Was A Teenage Gary - 5.5/10
SB-129 - 10/10
Karate Choppers - 6.5/10
Sleepy Time - 8/10
Suds - 3/10
Valentine's Day - 5/10
The Paper - .5/10
Arrgh! - 6/10
Rock Bottom - 7.5/10
Texas - 4.5/10
Walking Small - 6/10
Fools In April - 1/10
Neptune's Spatula - 7.5/10
Hooky - 5.5/10
Mermaidman And Barnacleboy II - 2.5/10

I'm afraid of people knowing about my true opinions on episodes like The Paper and Fools In April but whatever.
I don't mean this rudely or anything, but..... I think I disagree with almost this entire list O_O

(Also Fools in April is a partially hated episode so I don't think people will care too much about you giving it a 1, or at least not in comparasion to the other stuff on this)

Back