Leedles

Leedle
S2, cause Squeaky Boots sucks and I love Christmas Who. Sandy's Rocket is also good, but it's brought down by you-know-what.

S2: 7
S1: 1

I'm starting to think I never really enjoyed S1 all THAT much...

daud2001

Just Some Nut
The most memorable thing from Squeaky Boots is its mehness. Sandy's Rocket is good but not great.

Season 1: 6
Season 2: 3

Don't ask me, I don't get it either.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Season 1: Nature Pants/Opposite Day
Season 2: Survival of the Idiots/Dumped

Let me just say it, this pairing is my least-favorite pairing of Season 1! :( Yes, I genuinely think that both of these episodes are not good. I'm not sure if I'd personally consider both of these episodes "Bad", but objectively, they definitely are! Nature Pants is one of the most boring episodes I've ever seen in this show, period. Especially for pre-movie standards. Not only that, but SpongeBob is really unlikable and out of character here because he leaves his job and all his friends (even though he blatantly sees that they're sad!) to run around naked in the cold outside world with the jellyfish. Where is his moral compass? And where is his intelligence? It just feels kinda weird that he would do this... He pretty much seems ashamed of his life in society, and it's not really justified why he feels this way. He's just shown in the beginning of the episode dreaming about jellyfish. Anyway, the episode is not all that funny either. However, if I were to say some good moments, I'd say that Patrick trying to capture SpongeBob was pretty cool (but it still was depressing that SpongeBob made his friend act like this), the opening sequence was kinda neat, and SpongeBob thankfully learns his lesson at the end of the episode. (And then he makes everyone all itchy...) Anyway, while I don't like that episode, its pairing is personally much worse in my opinion! I genuinely think that Opposite Day is this show's first true Squidward torture episode, and almost on par with some of the Season 6-7 ones, in my opinion. :( Also, SpongeBob is really obnoxious and annoying here! But before I get on with the negatives, I'll talk about the positives. The concept was pretty neat (and had some good potential) and the episode did have some funny moments regarding the holiday. :) However, I really feel sorry for Squidward in this episode! He actually really gets fed up with SpongeBob and Patrick in this episode, to the point where he wants to move away from them! :( (At least in Squidville, he did so because his house was destroyed.) So he makes up this holiday to make them both quiet and out of the way, but no, they act even more annoying than usual! I absolutely DETEST the part where SpongeBob breaks into Squidward's house, impersonates Squidward, and annoys the heck out of that real estate lady! And she REALLY gets angry that it's not funny at all! :( Like I said before, where the heck is SpongeBob's moral compass and intelligence? He's not Patrick! And did that holiday have a rule against altering your neighbors about someone who wants to see him? No, it didn't. It's not like Squidward agreed on this role-reversal. SpongeBob just blindly takes this holiday waaay too far. (He even destroyed his own house! So poor Squidward had to rebuilt SpongeBob's house!) Other than that, this episode's "opposite" dialogue was kinda confusing to me, such as when Squidward oppositely says "Let me show you guys how much I hate you!" Wouldn't he not mean that oppositely? Also, the episode ends with Squidward trying to kill SpongeBob and Patrick will a bulldozer. Great. :( They did deserve some comeuppance, but that was way too far. So overall, both episodes in this pairing had SpongeBob's moral compass and intelligence way off, especially compared to 90% of the season 1-5 episodes!

Survival of the Idiots, however, is a very funny episode! :) Overall, this episode is just filled with hilarious moment after hilarious moment, which include Patrick's beautiful words...taken from a candy wrapper, Patrick trying to open the frozen door, and of course, "Who you calling pinhead?" Patrick just shines in this episode, I'll tell you that! :D And the action scenes are actually pretty awesome and even funny, with Dirty Dan vs Pinhead Larry, and Sandy attacking the duo. The plot was pretty good as well, since it involved SpongeBob and Patrick getting trapped in a cold and snowy treedome. Alright, what the duo did to Sandy was selfish, but they did get their comeuppance. :) So yeah, this episode is definitely a good one. However, Dumped... It would've been good if not for one fatal flaw... Patrick! :( This is one of his most unlikable appearances ever! He steals Gary from SpongeBob, even though he clearly sees that SpongeBob is really upset from this! He even calls SpongeBob "pathetic" for missing his own pet/family member! It really is unpleasant, and Patrick is such a jerk in this one! Even Gary is really unlikable for letting SpongeBob suffer for no reason... just for a stupid cookie. :( However, despite Patrick being a horrible plot device, this episode is actually really emotional! And I love emotional episodes! :) The emotional moments from SpongeBob are genuinely sincere, and the episode shows just how important Gary is to SpongeBob. This episode also had some pretty funny moments, and the beginning of SpongeBob playing with Gary was cute. ^_^ Honestly, if Patrick wasn't the plot point/antagonist of this episode, then I seriously would love this episode very much, and almost as much as Have You Seen This Snail! :D Too bad Patrick had to ruin it... So yeah, while I personally find this Meh, it's definitely Bad objectively! Therefore, as you can tell, Season 2 gets the point mainly because of Survival of the Idiots, and because I dislike Season 1's pairing.

Season 1: 3
Season 2: 6

daud2001

Just Some Nut
Nature Pants has several good and memorable gags, but SpongeBob is a little unlikeable. Opposite Day on the other hand is great and hilarious. Survival of the Idiots, like everyone said, is amazing. Dumped is an emotional episode but doesn't has enough jokes.

I can't decide which one is better, Nature Pants or Dumped. But Survival of the Idiots is obviously better than Opposite Day (great<amazing)

Season 2: 4

Leedles

Leedle
S2: 8

Hate Nature Pants, love Opposite Day. Love SOTI, Dumped is meh. Love/hate, or love/meh? S2 wins

S2: 8

Hate Nature Pants, love Opposite Day. Love SOTI, Dumped is meh. Love/hate, or love/meh? S2 wins

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Pairing 5
Season 1: 1 (I love both Pizza Delivery and Home Sweet Pineapple. I love Wormy, too, but Patty Hype is just good, while Season 1 has a pairing with 2 awesome episodes. ^^)
Season 2:

Pairing 6
Season 1: 1 (I would've gone with Season 2 because I love both of their messages, but I like MM&BB and Pickles, partially because they were a few of my first episodes, and I liked them quite a bit. :)
Season 2:

Pairing 7
Season 1:
Season 2: 1 (Hall Moniter, Jellyfish Jam, and Pre-hibernation Week are pretty good episodes, but Life of Crime alone makes this pairing a clear winner)

Pairing 8
Season 1:
Season 2: 1 (Sandy's Rocket is a decent episode. I need to revisit Squeaky Boots. And Christmas Who is a favorite of mine. Season 2 wins again!)

Pairing 9
Season 1:
Season 2: 1 (This was actually a hard choice for me. Season 1 had 2 alright episodes, and Season 2 had a bad episode, and a really fun episode. I decided to go with Season 2 again because as much as I hate Dumped, I just love Survival of the Idiots that much. :) )

Leedles

Leedle
Pairing 5
Season 1: 1 (I love both Pizza Delivery and Home Sweet Pineapple. I love Wormy, too, but Patty Hype is just good, while Season 1 has a pairing with 2 awesome episodes. ^^)
Season 2:

Pairing 6
Season 1: 1 (I would've gone with Season 2 because I love both of their messages, but I like MM&BB and Pickles, partially because they were a few of my first episodes, and I liked them quite a bit. :)
Season 2:

Pairing 7
Season 1:
Season 2: 1 (Hall Moniter, Jellyfish Jam, and Pre-hibernation Week are pretty good episodes, but Life of Crime alone makes this pairing a clear winner)

Pairing 8
Season 1:
Season 2: 1 (Sandy's Rocket is a decent episode. I need to revisit Squeaky Boots. And Christmas Who is a favorite of mine. Season 2 wins again!)

Pairing 9
Season 1:
Season 2: 1 (This was actually a hard choice for me. Season 1 had 2 alright episodes, and Season 2 had a bad episode, and a really fun episode. I decided to go with Season 2 again because as much as I hate Dumped, I just love Survival of the Idiots that much. :) )

Omg Life of Crime is so amazing. You're #1. Yes, you're better than Smitty Werben Jerger Man Jensen

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Pairing 5
Season 2:

Pairing 6
Season 1: 1 (I would've gone with Season 2 because I love both of their messages, but I leik MM&BB and Pickles, partially because they were a few of my first episodes, and I liked them quite a bit. :)
Season 2:

Pairing 7
Season 1:

Pairing 8
Season 1:

Pairing 9
Season 1:
Season 2: 1 (This was actually a hard choice for me. Season 1 had 2 alright episodes, and Season 2 had a bad episode, and a really fun episode. I decided to go with Season 2 again because as much as I hate Dumped, I just love Survival of teh Idiots that much. :) )
Pairing 5

I agree with you entirely here! :D Pizza Delivery is absolutely fantastic, and I love Home Sweet Pineapple, too. :) Wormy is just downright hilarious, and I think Patty Hype has enough good things to make it a Good episode, but it's just not something I'd do for. Still an enjoyable episode, though. ;)

Pairing 6

I disagree with you here. The messages in those two Season 2 episodes are just so wonderful, that I absolutely adore these episodes! :D They're really enjoyable episodes, too, such as how they handle character development. :) But you know what, since Mermaidman and Barnacleboy and Pickles have a special place in your heart for being some of the first few SpongeBob episodes that you have ever seen, then I completely understand why you chose to go with Season 1. ^_^

Pairing 7

I entirely agree with you here, too. I may like Jellyfish Jam and Prehibernation Week a little less than you do, though. But I did choose Season 2 for the amazingness that is Life of Crime, too! :D

Pairing 8

Once again, I meet you with complete agreement! :D Yep, Christmas Who is FANTASTIC!!! ^_^ I might like Sandy's Rocket more than you do though, because I think that it's a bit better than just simply "decent." And yeah, maybe you revisiting Squeaky Boots would be interesting. ;) I remember that you were quite annoyed by the sound of the boots throughout the episode, that you couldn't actually enjoy watching it. Maybe it won't really annoy you anymore. :)

Pairing 9

I agree with you here, as well, especially since I sorta dislike both Nature Pants and Opposite Day. I was surprised you chose Season 2, because I know how much you hate Dumped. But wow, you chose Season 2 because of your love for Survival for the Idiots, even though you hate Dumped so much! Dang! That's what I call positivity! ^_^ Love overpowers hate, huh? ;)

So yeah, here are the results so far for your opinions and choices:

Season 1: 3

zomg Life of Crime is so amazing. j00're #1. aye, j00're better than Smitty Werben Jerger Man Jensen
Oh yes, I agree! GordokTheMad definitely IS #1!!! :D

Season 1: Culture Shock/FUN
Season 2: No Free Rides/I'm Your Biggest Fanatic

Alright, Culture Shock just proves that not all Squid abuse is bad. You know, Squidward ends up acting all arrogant, since all he cared about was putting out this talent show just so he could prove to the world just how artistically talented he is! And guess what? He sucked! XD Also, he wouldn't even let SpongeBob be in the show, except just for him to clasp up after the show. And guess what? The whole audience loved him! :D So yeah, and not only that, this episode is hilarious (Pearl's act always made me die of laughter!) and has a lot of interesting and funny acts from several of these characters, such as Pearl's of course, Gary's, Plankton's, and even Squidward's! And SpongeBob's cane dancing with a bubble elephant act is just really amusing. ^_^ So yeah, this episode is incredibly entertaining, that it definitely one of my favorites of Season 1! :) Now, FUN is a classic!!! That song, first of all. It's one of my favorite songs in the series, so yeah, I really love it! And who doesn't know this song? :) Also, this episode delves into SpongeBob and Plankton's friendly character interactions, which really shines in this episode! (Sponge out of Water, anyone?) Plankton actually learns what it means to be nice, in this episode! :) And that emotional scene at the end is just so heartfelt to watch. I love emotional scenes! And that scene just makes me feel teary each time! So yeah, I LOVE this episode! Definitely my 3rd favorite of Season 1, and I love it dearly. ^_^

No Free Rides is just a really funny and silly episode! And I mean, really silly! XD It's not bizzare or weird, but just absolutely silly! Also, by far my favorite of the episode is that entire "What I learned in boating school is" scene. XD It was neat to see SpongeBob actually get his license in this episode, but unlike Nautical Novice or Bumper To Bumper, he did not deserve it, so it makes sense that didn't keep it at the end of the episode. But yeah, if I were to speak about negatives about the episode in my opinion, I'd say that SpongeBob was pretty darn obnoxious and more annoying than usual in this episode. Ehh... I didn't bother me too much, though. =/ And for I'm Your Biggest Fanatic, it's pretty good. :) It gets comedy down, first of all. However, SpongeBob is shown as highly skilled and really looked up to his hero, but his hero, Kevin, just went on to torture him and treat SpongeBob like a loser. :( I would dislike this about the episode, and while it does make the entire episode a bit less enjoyable to me, at least Kevin ended up humiliating himself at the end and SpongeBob ended up with a crown offered onto his head! :D Just like in Picture Day, the fact that everything works out at the end for SpongeBob cancels out anything bad that happened to him in this episode, in my opinion. However, at least in Picture Day, there wasn't some certain jerk who was intentionally trying to interfere with SpongeBob, unlike Kevin in this episode. So yeah, Season 1 clearly gets the point here because both episodes were absolutely AMAZING, and Season 2 only provided us with decent episodes this time.

Season 1: 4 (Will this season catch up? ;) )

daud2001

Just Some Nut
Season 2.
Both No Free Rides and I'm Your Biggest Fanatic have great supply of jokes. Culture Shock is good but not great. F.U.N. is great, but not as great as the season 2 pair.

Season 2: 5

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Season 1: Musclebob Buffpants/Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost
Season 2: Mermaidman and Barnacleboy III/Squirrel Jokes

Musclebob Buffpants is actually a pretty good episode! :) It's definitely one of better Goo Lagoon episodes, in my opinion. I thought that it was rather hilarious that we got to see SpongeBob struggle due to the fact that he's being a complete phony! Also, even though his behavior was wrong, at least it was justified since all he was doing was at least make himself not seem like the weak sponge he is, especially since Sandy was definitely pressuring him and forcing him into getting stronger! But yeah, SpongeBob becomes a faker, gets a little too arrogant, it almost seems like he is going to blow his cover throughout the episode, and he finally does and he gets his comeuppance! So yeah, very solid and funny episode! :D Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost, however, is alright. I think it's Good, but I'll admit that it's almost a Meh episode in my opinion. The episode does have some funny moments, and I do like the whole plot of SpongeBob and Patrick thinking that Squidward is a ghost and then Squidward haunting them. The episode just gets a little dull and boring at points, though, and Squidward is kinda a jerk. But... he does get what's coming to him! Overall, the episode is alright, and even if it did get a little dull and boring at times, I liked it. :)

Mermaidman and Barnacleboy III is an absolutely hilarious episodes! :D Humor truly shines in this episode, especially with Patrick, with the wallet scene, package scene, and laugh belt, and I really liked Man Ray in this episode because it's funny to see evil people get annoyed. :) This is a torture episode done right, because Man Ray is evil and obviously deserves this torture so he wouldn't actually torture others! Also, I really like that ending where he gives up evil and turns good. Yeah yeah yeah, Man Ray is evil again in other episodes, but I don't really pay attention to continuity either way, unless the show does the rare friendly nods to past episodes. Alright, Squirrel Jokes is another pretty good episode. The episode is fairly funny, but I mostly adore it for its message about respecting your friends. It does this by showing that you shouldn't just be a jerk and make fun of just one specific person/thing. If you want to be a good comedian, then you might as well make fun of everyone/everything! (In terms of satire, of course.) Also, Sandy's payback is pretty awesome by literally acting as stupid as SpongeBob's act makes her out to be, and he really learns his lesson BIG TIME! That is sweet sweet comeuppance right there. :) So yeah, this episode has a nice moral, an awesome way of comeuppance, and some fairly funny moments. :D Now... this seems like a tough choice. I think that all of these episodes are Good. However, since out of all of them, Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost is the closest to Meh, I'll give Season 2 the point.

Season 1: 4
Season 2: 7

Leedles

Leedle
Season 2

S2: 10

Also, I think SB didn't deserve what he got in Squirrel Jokes. He made a joke he didn't even mean to offend Sandy, and they were even laughing with her, and I just felt bad for him. The rest of the episode was good tho

Weenie bob

Part Computer or Something
Ok its hard to Decide For me Season 1 Had Some Great Episodes Like SB 129 Pizza Delivery Valentines Day Opposite Day and Bubble stand My top 5 Then Season 2 Is also Amazing Giving us Episodes like Graveyard Shift Band Geeks Life of Crime Frankendoodle and Christmas Who

However There some Flaws Like in my opinion The Cheaperone Bubble buddy Squirrel Jokes So Yeah Now Squirrel Jokes is Only Meh Really close to Bad and Then The Cheaperone is Boring and Just Not Funny its a Bad episode and Dont get Me started on Bubble buddy Its Awful

Now i Dont Know if this is Season 2 or Season 3 But i Dispise Doing Time its my Least Favourite Season 1 2 or 3 Episode

So i say there both eqaul in Qaulity AWESOME SEASONS AND LETS NOT FORGET THE ALSO AWESOME SEASON 3

Leedles

Leedle
SquidbobTentaclepants said:
Ok its hard to Decide For me Season 1 Had Some Great Episodes Like SB 129 Pizza Delivery Valentines Day Opposite Day and Bubble stand My top 5 Then Season 2 Is also Amazing Giving us Episodes like Graveyard Shift Band Geeks Life of Crime Frankendoodle and Christmas Who

However There some Flaws Like in my opinion The Cheaperone Bubble buddy Squirrel Jokes So Yeah Now Squirrel Jokes is Only Meh Really close to Bad and Then The Cheaperone is Boring and Just Not Funny its a Bad episode and Dont get Me started on Bubble buddy Its Awful

Now i Dont Know if this is Season 2 or Season 3 But i Dispise Doing Time its my Least Favourite Season 1 2 or 3 Episode

So i say there both eqaul in Qaulity AWESOME SEASONS AND LETS NOT FORGET THE ALSO AWESOME SEASON 3
................................................................................

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Season 1: The Chaperone/Employee of the Month
Season 2: Pressure/The Smoking Peanut

The Chaperone is actually pretty good, in my opinion. It's just a really fun episode such as with seeing chaos ensue and seeing SpongeBob and Pearl dancing. :) Oh, and I've always loved that "Long, tan, and handsome" montage! But yeah, the chemistry between SpongeBob and Pearl was sorta sweet and interesting, and their friendship ended on a good note at the end of the episode. ^_^ As far as teen satire goes, this episode doesn't really get modern teen life down, but they did get stereotypical prom tropes down which I think is all they needed anyways. :D Now, for Employee of the Month, that episode is absolutely fantastic! :D The competition between SpongeBob and Squidward was really amusing, hilarious, and intense! :) And that part of the ending where both of them seriously have gone insane was pretty satisfyingly creepy! XD But is this out of character for SpongeBob to act this arrogant? Well, sorta, but I see it more as an expansion of his perfectionist and hard working characteristics. :) He was actually afraid that he not getting the employee of the month award this month will be a sign of the quality of his work getting worse, so he tried his best to let this not be the case, even if he did get too overboard in this process! :P And that was pretty hysterical to see!

Pressure is fairly decent. The plot wasn't that great, since Sandy and these underwater critters were arguing over something stupid and prejudiced. :( However, the fact that they all realize that it is wrong to do this at the end does fix this problem a bit. :) Oh, and the fact that this episode ended up being really funny fixed this, too! :D Just like with Employee of the Month, this show knows just how to make competitiveness hilarious! :) Those live actions scenes were really amusing, too. XD Lastly, The Smoking Peanut is a mystery episode and I LOVE mystery episodes! :D Patrick is a pretty amusing detective, I'll tell you that much! Yellow popsicles, anyone? But yeah, I really like how this episode teaches the moral that you shouldn't store up a lot of guilt, and if you know that you are guilty for such actions, then it's best to confess and uh, not do bad things at all! :) SpongeBob clearly went on a guilt trip here, while we got to see a hilarious mystery unfold. :) That twist at the end was actually pretty clever (I love foreshadowing) and it even ended up being really cute, too. ^_^ So overall, I love this episode! Now, which season gets the point? Tough decision, but as much as I love The Smoking Peanut, I love both Season 1 episodes and I just think that Pressure is only decent, so Season 1 gets the point here. :)

Season 1: 5

Leedles

Leedle
Oh man, this is hard. The Chaperone is really good, and Employee of the Month is fairly decent. However, Pressure is probably in my top 20 episodes of all time, and The Smoking Peanut is still great. S2 again.

S2: 11

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Season 1: Scaredy Pants/I Was a Teenage Gary
Season 2: Shanghaied/Gary Takes a Bath

Something interesting that I've never noticed before with both these pairings is Episode A is a spooky themed episode and Episode B is a Gary themed episode for both seasons! Interesting, huh? ;) Anyways, Scaredy Pants is one of my personal favorites! :D I absolutely love this episode for being so darn fun to watch on Halloween time, that it's become a tradition for me to watch this episode as much as I can on October! :) This episode captures everything that makes Halloween so amazing! This episode is fun, silly, and hilarious, I thought that SpongeBob was very likeable and I loved that he got to scare everyone for a change at the end, and I think it's really cool that trick or treating, Halloween parties, and scares were all incorporated in this episode! :) I just absolutely adore this episode!!! ^_^ Ugh... but I Was a Teenage Gary. That episode is pretty horrible in my opinion, because of how awful it was to see Gary suffer like that, how irresponsible Squidward was for almost killing an animal, and for how much this episode failed in the horror genre to the point where this episode actually disturbed me rather than scare me when I was a kid. :( This episode is just really really bad.

As far as Shanghaied goes, though... I actually kinda disliked that episode as a kid, while still finding it pretty funny. I sorta had a love/hate relationship for this one. I just really hated the fact that the Flying Dutchman wanted to EAT the trio, I hated the Squid abuse, and I do not like the ending one bit. Nowadays, I'm not too bothered by these things, though. I do admit that this episode is absolutely hilarious, such as with the perfume department scene and of course Leedle Leedle Leedle Leedle! :) And I liked the Fly of Despair's imagery. ;) This episode is pretty entertaining and I do like it nowadays. I don't like it as much as everyone else does, though, and I consider it Good rather than AMAZING. And for Gary Takes a Bath, it's alright. I thought that it was amusing to see SpongeBob trying to give Gary a bath through several different means, which were hilarious! :) It just goes to show that simple plots can succeed! However, Gary is really unlikable here since he is being a rebel for not wanting to get clean! I guess it makes sense since snails are like cats here, and cats are said to hate water... but still, Gary shouldn't really be in the right here. SpongeBob is the responsible pet owner here, but he gets punished, yet Gary gets no comeuppance for being rebellious. =/ This episode is kinda on the edge towards Meh for me, to be honest. So yeah, this is a pretty hard choice. I hate I Was a Teenage Gary... but I think I might go for Season 1 here for how much I love Scaredy Pants! :D I'd rather watch Season 1's pairing just for that episode than to watch these Season 2 episodes that I'm not too fond of. ;)

Season 1: 6 (This season is catching up!!!)

daud2001

Just Some Nut
Pairing 11: Season 1 (MMandBB3=The Unfriendly Ghost, MuscleBob > Squirrel Jokes)
Pairing 12: Season 1 (Chaperone=Smoking Peanut=Pressure, Employee of the Month wins)
Pairing 13: Season 2 (Never like both Scaredy Pants and I Was a Teenage Gary, when I rate them, they're at borderline between Meh and Good. Gary Takes a Bath is solid Good while Shanghaied is amazing.)

Season 1: 8

Back