SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Season 1: Naughty Nautical Neighbors/Boating School
Season 2: Dying For Pie/Imitation Krabs

Oh, I have a feeling that I know which season will get this point! :D So anyway, let's begin: Naughty Nautical Neighbors is actually a really funny episode! :) I really liked seeing the competition between SpongeBob and Patrick, and the episode definitely had some really hilarious moments, such as "Solitude in E minor." However, while I do like this episode, I have one problem with it: Squidward is pretty unlikable here. SpongeBob and Patrick are literally playing outside, away from Squidward, in their own backyards, just minding their own business. And then what does Squidward do?! He decides to destroy SpongeBob and Patrick's relationship! I find it really unpleasant, because I take friendship really seriously. I love my best friends (both online and "face-to-face" friends) and I hope to be friends with them for as long as we live. So it was kinda unfortunate to see Squidward want to destroy the friendship between these two, especially since they were friends ever since they were babies! Good thing he gets his comeuppance throughout the episode, though, which does make up for this! :D Boating School is also a pretty solid episode. I like its moral that people SHOULD NOT CHEAT and I liked that whole sequence of SpongeBob driving during his test. And this episode is the archetype of the boating school episodes to follow, so that's another plus. This episode isn't the funniest episode in the world, but everything else about it is pretty good. :)

For Dying for Pie... let me get this out right now, this episode is in my top 5 favorite SpongeBob episodes of all-time! :D This episode manages to be really funny, and this has possibly one of the best characterizations of Squidward ever! He is actually shown to care about SpongeBob in this episode by making sure that SpongeBob is drowned in love in the last few hours of his life! Turns out Squidward IS such a good person after all! ^_^ Also, this episode gets pretty emotional at points, which I really love. AND as Gordok has pointed out in one of his lists, this episode is actually pretty dark, since Squidward genuinely believes that SpongeBob will DIE in a few hours! Sheesh! Talk about intense! I also found the last minute of the episode intense and fast-paced in a good way, right down to that final explosion! :) And the sunset part right before it is just beautiful. ^_^ So yeah, I really love this episode! :D It just offers so much. If you love comedy, dark stories, or emotional stories, this episode is for you! :) And if that wasn't good enough, the sister episode, Imitation Krabs, is actually a very funny and clever Plankton episode! It's pretty neat that Plankton disguises himself as Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob actually believes that this is Mr. Krabs! :D So as you can tell, Season 2 gets the point, mostly because of Dying for Pie! :D

Season 1: 2
Season 2: 2

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Season 1: Naughty Nautical Neighbors/Boating School
Season 2: Dying For Pie/Imitation Krabs

THIS IS A HARD ONE.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors is one of my favorite episodes of season 1. Squidward is a complete jerk, but he gets what's coming to him. Spongebob and Patrick's reunion is hilarious AND surprisingly sweet.
Boating School is a "meh."

Spongebob: Squidward, guess what?
Patrick: *hugging Spongebob* Me and Spongebob are FRIENDS again!
Squidward: Great- go be friends somewhere else!

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=SyUsItIK%2Fcd%2B1Qbn%2FVyw8dhyTOW94nwnrW30d55ulm4%3D

Dying for Pie is one of my favorite episodes of the WHOLE SHOW, but Imitation Krabs is "meh."

I'd have to go with season 2. Just because I love "Dying for Pie" so SO much. It's the perfect Spongebob episode, and so close to my heart. and because Imitation Krabs is funnier than Boating School. Plus... Naughty Nautical Neighbors has one of my LEAST favorite scenes of the whole show- the scene of Squidward choking on his fork....

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=ShX3TiJGwHWeqbS%2F3AEo3%2Bh2fSMnEgdGaWbIiMQroY4%3D

goodmorning

Moby Dollar
DYING FOR PIE <3

dying for pie is my favorite episode of the entire show, so my point goes to season 2. naughty nautical neighbors was really good and one of season 1's best, but not as good as dying for pie. boating school and imitation krabs were both funny.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I like this season comparison. :D You make very good reviews, and you make good points as to why you like one pairing more than the other. If you're wondering, up to the episodes you've reviewed so far, I'd like to give which pairings I'd give a point to:

Pairing 1
Season 1: 0
Season 2: 1 (I actually found Squid's Day Off really funny, and it was interesting to see Squidward go insane)

Pairing 2
Season 1: 1 (I would give the point to Season 2, because Something Smells is just that awesome. However, I don't remember Bossy Boots being that awesome, and since Season 1 has two amazing episodes in one pairing, Season 1 gets my vote.)
Season 2: 0

Pairing 3
Season 2: 1 (God, this was a hard one. Each pairing had one good episode (Jellyfishing/Bubble Buddy) and one amazing episode (Plankton!/Big Pink Loser). I decided to go with Season 2, simply because I like BPL better, but only a little.)

Pairing 4
Season 2: 1 (This pairing not only has 2 great episodes, but one of them is actually in my Top 5! :D)

Can't wait to see more. :)

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
I like this season comparison. :D You make very good reviews, and you make good points as to why you like one pairing more than the other. If you're wondering, up to the episodes you've reviewed so far, I'd like to give which pairings I'd give a point to:

Pairing 1
Season 2: 1 (I actually found Squid's Day Off really funny, and it was interesting to see Squidward go insane)

Pairing 2
Season 1: 1 (I would give the point to Season 2, because Something Smells is just that awesome. However, I don't remember Bossy Boots being that awesome, and since Season 1 has two amazing episodes in one pairing, Season 1 gets my vote.)

Pairing 3
Season 2: 1 (God, this was a hard one. Each pairing had one good episode (Jellyfishing/Bubble Buddy) and one amazing episode (Plankton!/Big Pink Loser). I decided to go with Season 2, simply because I like BPL better, but only a little.)

Pairing 4
Season 2: 1 (This pairing not only has 2 great episodes, but one of them is actually in my Top 5! :D)

Thank you very much, buddy! ^_^ I owe it all to you for inspiring me to make such a fun topic because of your wonderful Season 6 and 7 Comparison topic! :D I really appreciate your kind words. :) I'm pretty proud of myself for these reviews and the points I brought up, too. And I'll be happy to give you commentary of what I think of your opinions on each pairing:

Pairing 1

I can definitely see why you'd like Squid's Day Off. Honestly, upon reading your Admirable Animation notepage on Squid's Day Off quite recently, I really gained more appreciation of what the episode did. :) I like the points you made about how this episode is a phycological horror of Squidward going insane by being paranoid of things that would not happen! :) And this was at his own fault, too. I realized that this was not only meant to be played for laughs, but is meant to be subtly dark. I never thought of that before! :) I think the reason why I'm not too fond of this epaiode is because it got a little repetitive, and I thought "Have you finished those errands?" was kinda annoying. But yeah, seeing Squidward go insane was definitely very funny and interesting, and is what overall makes the episode quite enjoyable! However, Season 1 got the point because I just like Help Wanted and Tea at the Treedome very much! :D Help Wanted started the show off fantastically, while Tea at the Treedome ended up being a really intense and even subtly dark episode (like you've also said in your Darkest Episodes list), which I really enjoy! :)

Pairing 2

I agree with pretty much everything you said here, too. :) Season 1 got the point because both of the episodes are really amazing! :D I really do love Something Smells though, but yeah, I didn't really find Bossy Boots all that amazing. I think it's a good episode, though. And BabySmitty (in one of his comments on the previous page) definitely helped make me appreciate the episode more, because like he said, SpongeBob and Pearl were actually really friendly with each other in this episode! :) This is probably the friendliest they've ever been in this series! :D

Pairing 3

Yeah, this was definitely a hard decision for me, too. I agree with what you've said about these episodes, as well. However, for me, I actually think that the fact that I consider Bubble Buddy to be better than Jellyfishing is what got Season 2 the point. I think I might like "Plankton!" and "Big Pink Loser" equally. :)

Pairing 4

Yep. :D I think I explained why I love "Dying for Pie" fairly well! :) And yeah, this episode is actually your 3rd favorite! (According to your Top 30 list on Deviantart.) To me, it's my 4th favorite. :D My top 5 favorite episodes of this show are actually:

1. Rock-a-Bye Bivalve
2. Pizza Delivery
3. Graveyard Shift
4. Dying for Pie
5. Jellyfish Hunter

So yeah, overall, this is how many points each season has so far, in your opinion:

Season 1: 1
Season 2: 3

And thank you. ^_^ I definitely am looking forward to updating this topic, too. :) In fact, I'm actually going to update it fairly soon! :D

Leedles

Leedle
GordokTheMad said:

Pairing 1

Pairing 2

Pairing 3

Pairing 4

We have the same opinions...O_O

SpongyDevotee said:
1. Rock-a-Bye Bivalve
2. Pizza Delivery
3. Graveyard Shift
4. Dying for Pie
5. Jellyfish Hunter
I love you <3. I adore Jellyfish Hunter. It's one of the first episodes I ever watched, so it holds a special place in my heart. I also remember watching Night Light when I was a kid (I have a MAJOR soft spot on that episode) and I still love Spy Buddies for that reason.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Season 1: Pizza Delivery/Home Sweet Pineapple
Season 2: Wormy/Patty Hype

Hehehe... the season that will get this point is blatantly obvious. ;) If anyone of you don't know by now, Pizza Delivery is my favorite Season 1 episode and my 2nd favorite SpongeBob episode of all-time! :D This episode is honestly one of the funniest episodes of the entire show, with that "The Krusty Krab Pizza is the pizza for you and me" song, that scene where Squidward was intimidating SpongeBob with the delicious looking pizza, that whole Backing up scene, and so much more! Also, I really loved the chemistry between SpongeBob and Squidward in the episode, because I really like this whole combination of a perfectionist employee and a lazy employee. It's not like Squidward wasn't being malicious in the episode, and SpongeBob wasn't being annoying either. They just both have differing viewpoints, and this combination honestly really worked out to make the episode absolutely hilarious. For example, when Squidward was dealing with SpongeBob's fascination with the pioneers. And I also like how Squidward thought he was "in charge" when he's arrogantly questioning SpongeBob: "That way? That way there? So, let me get this straight...you think that we should go that way? Well, then I'm going this way. Trust me, I know where I'm going." (Away from civilization.) XD Also, this episode was pretty action-packed with that whole tornado scene, when Squidward is chasing after SpongeBob for the pizza, and the Backing up scene like I mentioned. And honestly, I really like the entire premise of the episode of SpongeBob and Squidward going on this "journey", which is them trying to deliver this pizza! :) Oh, and this episode also had a really sweet ending, because Squidward is shown to genuinely care about SpongeBob, even as a friend! :D That customer was being so darn ridiculous, because apparently he excepts them to bring a drink for him when he didn't even order one, and he apparently can't eat a pizza unless it comes with a drink! XD I'm glad that Squidward felt sorry for SpongeBob as stood up to that rude customer, since he knew how much this delivery meant to SpongeBob, and that he IS in fact a good delivery boy! :) So yeah, overall, I really do love this episode! :D It is hilarious, has great character interactions, is an action-packed journey, has a sweet ending, lots of memorable scenes and quotes, and is overall a very fun episode! ^_^ Its sister episode, Home Sweet Pineapple, is also pretty decent. I like that whole sequence of SpongeBob and Patrick trying to build a house, this episode had some funny moments (such as "SPIDERS!!!"), and I like the emotional ending where SpongeBob truly realized that he loved his house very much. ^_^ However, some things I don't like about the episode is that Squidward was completely heartless in this one. SpongeBob's house gets destroyed and he thus becomes homeless and pretty upset, yet Squidward laughs at him and mocks him for not having a home. All he cares about is himself here! :( It was just way too cruel, to be honest. It's not like SpongeBob was an annoyance in the episode anyway. Also, this episode is one of the very few pre-movie episodes that genuinely has gross out. =/ When Patrick is sleeping... blekh! I thought that whole scene had some funny moments, but that drool was just really disgusting, to be honest. So yeah, I think this episode is fairly decent, but with a few problems.

Wormy, on the other hand, is a pretty fantastic episode! :) Just like what BabySmitty said earlier, it's nice when episodes actually acknowledge the fact that these characters live underwater. And this episode is no exception, because I liked that whole concept of SpongeBob, Patrick, and everyone else thinking that this land creature that they never heard of is a monster! The whole chaos that ensues was just downright hilarious! :D I think that this episode is actually kinda dark, by the way. SpongeBob and Patrick genuinely think that their friend "Wormy" got eaten and thus killed! And they don't end up realizing that Wormy IS the butterfly. That was sort of a bummer, and pretty sad once you think about it. Honestly, if I woke up and realized that one of my good friends has died, then I would be sobbing my eyes out! Trust me, I would. :( But yeah, despite that sadness factor, I really like this episode! Oh, and by the way, "Gee Patrick, I didn't know you spoke bird. Nah, that's Italian, SpongeBob" is honestly what I think is one of the funniest quotes in the series! :D Lastly, Patty Hype is actually an episode that I'm not too fond of. I really don't like the pessimistic and dull atmosphere of the entire episode, other than the Pretty Patties themselves. I know that this was the point, but still. I also didn't really like how SpongeBob was mocked by his ideas! :( But to be fair, I guess that was to make a point about how you shouldn't let people get in the way of your dreams and ideas. :) And this episode was pretty funny at times. Although, I didn't like how Mr. Krabs was blamed for the side effects of SpongeBob's Pretty Patties, but he DID mock him at first, so I guess he kinda deserves it. Overall, this episode is sorta a mixed bag for me. I'm not sure if I'd call it a Meh episode, but there's a chance that I might end up considering it one. I just think it's an alright episode. So yeah, even though I liked Wormy, it's clear that Season 1 gets the point because of Pizza Delivery! :D

Season 1: 3

Leedles

Leedle
Hm...this is really hard. I love both Wormy and Patty Hype, and as much as I loved Pizza Delivery, Home Sweet Pineapple hasn't aged very well for me (I used to love it, but I don't as much anymore). I gave both Wormy and Patty Hype a 10 though, so I'd have to give this to S2.

S2: 4
S1: 1

daud2001

Just Some Nut
Pairing 1
Help Wanted is great, but the others is only decent. Meanwhile, both You're Shoes United and Squid's Day Off are great.
Season 2: 1

Pairing 2
Something Smells is amazing, but Bossy Boots will easily lose when compared to the other 3. While both Ripped Pants and Bubblestand are nostalgic and great.

Pairing 3
Jellyfishing and Plankton! is a great pair. Bubble Buddy cannot save Big Pink Loser from losing

Pairing 4
This one is very hard. Both NNN and DfP are amazing while Boating School and Imitation Krabs are equally good. So maybe a tie for now
Season 2: 1

Pairing 5
Season 1 win this one easily. Pizza Delivery is a classic and Home Sweet Pineapple is very hilarious. Wormy and Patty Hype is pretty good too though. But I rate both Pizza Delivery and Home Sweet Pineapple 9/10 while I rate Wormy and Patty Hype 8/10

Total:
Season 1: 4

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Pizza Delivery / Home Sweet Pineapple
Wormy / Patty Hype

This is a tough one. Pizza Delivery is probably my favorite episode of the entire series's run, JUST for the moment when Squidward sticks up for Spongebob alone. It was done BEAUTIFULLY. And I do really like Home Sweet Pineapple.

That being said... I do love Wormy and Patty Hype. I've loved Patty Hype ever since I was a kid. And Wormy is so hilarious and SO cute.

This is such a tough choice..... I'd go with season 1.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Season 1: Mermaidman and Barnacleboy/Pickles
Season 2: Grandma's Kisses/Squidville

Eh... to be honest, I'm not too much of a fan of the first Mermaidman and Barnacleboy episode. Alright, I'll give the episode credit for introducing these superheroes fairly well, and for the fact that it pretty much is the archetype for all the MM&BB episodes to follow and practically invented this whole concept of elderly superheroes! :) So yeah, it serves well as an important part of this series. However, as a form of entertainment, this episode isn't really all that interesting, in my opinion. I don't think it's all that funny and it's kinda boring. The action sequence was pretty clever, though, and SpongeBob's wink at the end is just awesome, but yeah, I think this episode is just alright. Definitely not something I'd go for, though. However, I think Pickles is an AMAZING episode, and is by far one of my favorite Season 1 episodes! :D This episode actually feels like a legitimate story. I think it's really hilarious, I like the whole concept of SpongeBob literally just losing his memory and acting a little crazy, and I like that climax at the end! :D So yeah, this episode is incredibly entertaining, in my opinion. :)

But oh boy, THIS pairing. Grandma's Kisses is a really cute and funny episode. Free form jazz, anyone? But not only that. This episode really does something so well, that it makes me absolutely love this episode. It takes on that whole concept of being a kid at heart, and teaches you that it is certainly okay for you to be an adult AND a kid when you are grown up. SpongeBob's "I don't wanna grow up" rant is just absolutely beautiful. It really makes me all teary inside in a good way, and I really am on the same boat with SpongeBob! ^_^ Sometimes, growing up could be hard. But you know what makes me feel happy to grow up? I'm the kind of person who will stay a kid at heart for the entirety of my life, no matter how old I am! I am an adult when it comes to studying (heck, I accept nothing but straight A's at school), taking on the more serious aspects of life, being serious when I need to be, and even for acquiring some new adult-like interests, but I am a kid at heart when it comes to aspects in life such as always loving to have fun and being very happy, being interested in things like cartoons, cute things, and practically anything I loved as a kid and what kids generally love, and I always love to be silly and a bit crazy in appropriate times, such as when I am around people who I really like! :) So yeah, this episode teaches this moral really well, and I really appreciate it for that. However... even amazing things are prone to flaws. I thought that seeing Squidward and the BBites mock SpongeBob was really unpleasant. =/ But oh well. So yeah, if Grandma's Kisses wasn't fantastic enough, we get Squidville as its sister episode! :) For starters, the episode is really funny and I liked the whole concept of Squidward moving to a neighborhood that is definitely on par with his interests. That montage of Squid's routine was amusing, too. But just like the previous episode, this one goes beyond that. As Squidward goes through the same routine of what he thought would be heaven, he gets tired of the same old thing. And then he realizes that he's actually bored with this "perfect routine", and misses SpongeBob and Patrick's crazy antics! He ends up realizing that he actually does need a little craziness and abnormality in his life to actually live life to its full extent! He never thought that he'd approve of this, but this episode fully demonstrated that living your life completely "normal" and bland is definitely a bad thing! This really serves as great characterization for Squidward, because I really loved seeing this cynical squid actually understand what it means to live and that he was wrong about what he wanted all along! :D So as you can tell, Season 2 gets this point. I really love Pickles. I really do. However, this Season 2 pairing has two episodes which both convey a very important message about life, and manage to have pretty much everything you'd want in a SpongeBob episode! :D

Season 2: 3

Leedles

Leedle
Ok...this part is honestly pretty hard. Grandma's Kisses is actually not that bad now that I think of it, so I don't consider it bad anymore, but it's not the greatest. I do really like Squidville though. MM/BB is funnier than I remembered, but Pickles is honestly pretty forgettable IMO. It's not exactly bad, but it is kinda forgettable. I'd have to go with S2 on this.

S2: 5
S1: 1

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Season 1: Mermaidman and Barnacleboy/Pickles
Season 2: Grandma's Kisses/Squidville

Oh man, this is a hard choice. I do like both the season 1 episodes, Pickles being my favorite.

I never liked Grandma's Kisses too much, but I LOVE Squidville a lot.

I'd have to go with season 1 on this one. More consistency I guess.

daud2001

Just Some Nut
Pickles and Squidville are equally good. Since Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy is better than Grandma's Kisses so...

Season 1: 5

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Season 1: Hall Monitor/Jellyfish Jam
Season 2: Prehibernation Week/Life of Crime

Dang, this is going to be a touch choice. I really LOVE Hall Monitor because I think this episode did SpongeBob's obliviousness correctly, and this episode is filled with some really funny moments, such as practically any of the jokes involving ice cream cones, and the fact that SpongeBob thought that the "maniac" was near him when he was in fact the maniac! :) So yeah, I think this episode is fantastic. :D Definitely a classic. However... Jellyfish Jam has some of the laziest writing I've ever seen. The only thing that I like about this episode are the dance rave scenes and that catchy music ending, which were awesome! :D All right, I also liked that moral that you should not mess with nature. However, that jellyfish in the beginning pretty much forced SpongeBob to take him to his house, so it really isn't SpongeBob's fault. :( Oh, and this episode is a Squidward torture fest, admit it. But yeah, while I don't dislike this episode and love all of those music scenes, this episode isn't really all that great in my opinion and is just a Meh.

Speaking of Meh episodes, I'm not all that fond of Prehibernation Week either. I really liked this episode's stunts and this episode had some funny moments, such as "Uh, I can explain!" and the hay in the needle sack, but this episode puts Sandy in what I think is one of her worst and most unintelligent appearances ever. :( Also, this is a SpongeBob torture episode. But yeah, Sandy literally destroys the whole town and FORCES EVERYONE to gather up a search party, just to find SpongeBob. It's not like he's her kid or her husband or anything, so why was she actually THIS crazy?! Just because he left her for a split second doesn't mean he's missing! And she seriously doesn't care about the BBites at all in this episode. :( Also, I can't believe she was that oblivious to the fact that SpongeBob did not like these stunts. And this episode could've ended well and taught a moral that you should let your friends know if you are uncomfortable with something, with SpongeBob standing up to Sandy... but she falls asleep and hears nothing, so what SpongeBob said was pointless. Great.... :( So yeah, this episode is definitely a Meh for me. It's an alright episode overall, but Sandy's unlikableness just sorta ruins the episode for me. But for Life of Crime, I really LOVE this episode! :D It's a very hilarious episode, it actually has an interesting plot of SpongeBob and Patrick leaving town, this episode makes Patrick a jerk while actually making him funny, and this episode teaches the moral that YOU SHOULD NOT STEAL! :) So yeah, this episode is honestly one of my favorite Season 2 episodes! :D Now this is a really hard choice of whether Season 1 or Season 2 gets this point... I think Hall Monitor and Life of Crime are fantastic episodes, but Jellyfish Jam and Prehibernation Week are Meh. Also, I like Life of Crime more than Hall Monitor, and I dislike Prehibernation Week more than Jellyfish Jam. Tough decision.... But I'm just going to go with the more positive decision and choose Season 2 since Life of Crime is my favorite one out of the 4! :D

Season 2: 4

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
No question. Hall Monitor / Jellyfish Jam.

Hall Monitor is an amazingly clever and funny comedy of errors. It has more hilarious jokes packed into it than any other season 1 episode.

Jellyfish Jam is also a great episode, in a different way. It has a strange, ambiguous spoofed moral, and it takes full advantage of the show's own setting. The fact that so much of the episode is so entertaining without any dialogue whatsoever is awesome.

I never liked Prehibernation Week much. However, I do like Life of Crime quite a bit- it's funny, and at times surprisingly touching.

daud2001

Just Some Nut
Season 1: Hall Monitor/Jellyfish Jam
Season 2: Prehibernation Week/Life of Crime

Hall Monitor is very hilarious. Jellyfish Jam is unforgetable and has a charm, despite the simple plot.
Both Prehibernation Week and Life of Crime are hilarous. They have Hall Monitor hilarity but season 1 wins because of my love for Jellyfish Jam.

Season 1: 6

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Season 1: Sandy's Rocket/Squeaky Boots
Season 2: Christmas Who?

Sandy's Rocket is actually a pretty awesome episode, in my opinion. :) I liked that whole space theme, the episode had some funny moments such as "Oh, but it's not you that's got me, it's… me that's got me!", and I thought SpongeBob and Patrick's obliviousness was also done correctly here, was justified well, and was pretty humorous too. So yeah, I think this is a really solid episode. Squeaky Boots is also a pretty good one, in my opinion. I thought that seeing Mr. Krabs descend into paranoia and insanity was really amusing and intense! :D Especially with that ending! Geez! However, I gotta admit, I thought the sound of the boots that plagued this episode was mildly annoying. Not enough to make me like this episode less, though. Honestly, the writers should really not spam the same sound over and over again into an episode, because sometimes it can get on the viewer's nerves! For example, there's another Season 1 episode (which I'll get to soon ;) ) that spams an innocent sound to the point of annoyance and where it gets really grating on the ears! :(

Ah, Christmas Who. ^_^ This episode. Oh, this episode. Well, let me just say it... this might be one of my all-time favorite SpongeBob specials ever and one of my favorite Season 2 episodes! :D I love Christmas, first of all. And this episode is everything you'd want from a Christmas special and more! It's such a joyful and wonderful episode to watch, especially around the holidays! :) There are 3 main reasons why I love this episode: 1) SpongeBob is responsible for bringing Christmas to Bikini Bottom. ^_^ How wonderful is that? This amazing individual just spread the beautiful joy of Christmas onto his beloved city. :) 2) This episode has such a wonderful Christmas carol, which has such a heartfelt and warm feeling to it, musically and lyrically, and is so catchy! :D I love hearing this song dozens and dozens of times around Christmas time, too! ^_^ 3) Squidward's wonderful characterization. Just like in Dying for Pie, Squidward is shown to care for SpongeBob, to the point where he goes as far as to dress up as Santa Claus and give away all of his stuff just so SpongeBob could be happy! :D Sure, Squidward was a jerk at first, but he realized how horrible he has been, BIG TIME! He really learned his lesson here, and truly felt guilty. :) And guess what? He genuinely made up for his initial jerkiness. Nice job, Squid. ^_^ Other than that, this episode is also really funny, the Patchy segments were very amusing, and "Crazy Santa" at that the end was hilarious, too! :D Oh, and this is a Christmas special, so that's a plus. So overall, this episode is so fantastic, so beautiful, and so enjoyable, that is definitely could make my all-time top 10 SpongeBob episodes! :D So yeah, as much as I like both of the Season 1 episodes, Christmas Who tops them all! :D

Season 2: 5

Back