SBM's Top 25 Worst/Best Spongebob Episodes

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Yeah, I didn't quit. ;)

20130203004842%21Artist_Unknown.jpg

I'm so sorry, More_Spandy. Now, to be honest, this... wasn't good. This was not fun. There is nothing redeemable about it. ...Okay, that's not true. There ARE some moments that made me laugh, and it managed to make this episode REALLY funny! However, I wish that could excuse what else is wrong with this episode, and that would be Squidward. This may be his worst appearance next to Grandma's Kisses, and Little Yellow Book. In fact, this may be his WORST appearance of the series! Why is that? Well, when he sees that Spongebob is a brilliant artist, much better than he, he becomes jealous. So what does he do? Completely smash his dreams, scold him and make him feel completely worthless. Now, in a good episode, after Spongebob goes to the dump, Squidward would feel some kind of sympathy and make up for his wrong-doing (like in Dying for Pie and Christmas Who). But here, while he does show a little sympathy, it's completely overshadowed by his selfish needs, maing him extremely unlikeable. At first, I thought he was sorry and was trying to make up for it. But really, he was just wanting Spongebob back so he could steal his artwork. And if that wasn't bad enough, because Squidward made him feel worthless before, he RUINED Spongebob's talent, and now, he has no creative ambition! Granted, it's funny when Squidward snaps near the end (and the ending was... kind of funny). But it still makes me feel upset that Spongebob's creativity was ruined, all thanks to Squidward's selfishness. It could've been good, but Squidward's horribly meanspirited behavior threw that opportunity out the window for me.
no.gif

Thankfully, the next episode is a lot better! I'll tell you that.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I love this episode and did a review explaining how this episode is everything "Professor Squidward" wants to be but fails at incredibly hard in so many ways. Also loved it as a kid so it's good to see that I still like it a lot now even after years of not seeing it.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
One thing for sure, though- The episode's title card is surprisingly relaxing.

delete my account

PRESIDENT
Sometimes, I wonder if we start hating episodes like these to cause a trend or because someone else doesn't like it. I mean, as far as I can tell, Artist Unknown was actually pretty appreciated, just overshadowed by its partner. Now, I'm starting to notice more and more people criticising this episode. And I remember other infamous episodes like LYB getting positive reviews at first. Just a theory.

Maybe I should tell everyone what I think about Chocolate With Nuts. :P

Hopefully, this list gets updated sooner.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
ThatSpongeBoy said:
Sometimes, I wonder if we start hating episodes like these to cause a trend or because someone else doesn't like. I mean, as far as I can tell, Artist Unknown was actually pretty appreciated, just overshadowed by its partner. Now, I'm starting to notice more and more people criticising this episode. And I remember other infamous episodes like LYB getting positive reviews at first. Just a theory.

Maybe I should tell everyone what I think about Chocolate With Nuts. :P

Hopefully, this list gets updated sooner.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure if people are genuinely finding new problems with them that weren't there at all to begin with or just hating them for the sake of hating them now because someone else decided that they didn't like the episode on YouTube or something. I watched this episode yesterday and it was just as funny and clever as how I remembered it. I think it's important for people to still be able to judge for themselves independently whether something is good or bad. You should see all the random pre movie stuff that got nominated (it was possibly just some troll who voted for those) for one of Illiniguy34's lists and how he reacted because that's pretty much how I feel too.

Sweat

Banished
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure if people are genuinely finding new problems with them that weren't there at all to begin with or just hating them for the sake of hating them now because someone else decided that they didn't like the episode on YouTube or something. I watched this episode yesterday and it was just as funny and clever as how I remembered it. I think it's important for people to still be able to judge for themselves independently whether something is good or bad. You should see all the random pre movie stuff that got nominated (it was possibly just some troll who voted for those) for one of Illiniguy34's lists and how he reacted because that's pretty much how I feel too.
Honestly, I think it goes even further when someone reveals a very unpopular opinion about an episode and people calling that opinion terrible because everyone else thinks otherwise.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Yeah, I agree with you on Artisit Unknown. The episode is Meh to me because of how while it has a lot of REALLY FUNNY moments and some other good things about it, Squidward was HORRIBLE in it and SpongeBob was treated like a worthless piece of trash, Squidward didn't feel sorry for him at all, SpongeBob became untalented just because of Squidward's jealousy and selfishness, and this is all very cruel and uncomfortable to watch Squidward being SUCH a jerk and SpongeBob treated this AWFULY! If this episode wasn't hilarious, I would easily consider it Bad. This is definitely one of the worst pre-movie episodes and possibly THE WORST apperance of Squidward to date.

By the way, Gordok, you really did cover this episode really well. (As usual ^_^)

Just wondering though, did you ever make an atrocity note page for this episode on Deviantart? (Haven't checked yet)

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
SpongyDevotee said:
Yeah, I agree with you on Artisit Unknown. The episode is Meh to me because of how while it has a lot of REALLY FUNNY moments and some other good things about it, Squidward was HORRIBLE in it and SpongeBob was treated like a worthless piece of trash, Squidward didn't feel sorry for him at all, SpongeBob became untalented just because of Squidward's jealousy and selfishness, and this is all very cruel and uncomfortable to watch Squidward being SUCH a jerk and SpongeBob treated this AWFULY! If this episode wasn't hilarious, I would easily consider it Bad. This is definitely one of the worst pre-movie episodes and possibly THE WORST apperance of Squidward to date.

By the way, Gordok, you really did cover this episode really well. (As usual ^_^)

Just wondering though, did you ever make an atrocity note page for this episode on Deviantart? (Haven't checked yet)
Thank you. And I didn't submit it to DeviantArt yet, but I plan to.

Back