SBM v5.5! New Forum Skin, Picture Gallery, and more!

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
rlMeM.png

The countdown is finally over! Here's what you've been waiting for :D
A lot of little changes and a few big changes make up what we'll call SBM v5.5.

New Forum Skin
The forums have a brand new skin (finally got around to making a nice one). If it's not selected for you already, scroll on down to the bottom of the forums and select "New SBM Main." You'll notice it has a similar style to the main site.
There are some nice features included within this skin.

-Color/Background Style Selector
You have customization within the skin for what color you'd like, and there are a few background to pick from. Picking one of the backgrounds will also change the color scheme, which you can then change with the color picker to anything.
The color selector is up at the top right of the skin, by the search bar.
gnNqL.jpg

-Episode Discussion Revamp
Visiting the "Episode Discussion" section of the forums on the new skin is a lot different than a normal forum section. You can view the topics by season, showing all of the episode title cards. Hovering over a title card will show the last poster, and you can click on it to view the topic. You'll see a "Topic View" link in the top right corner of the season images, which is a link to the regular topic view you are used to.

-Language Selection
We've added a Google language selector to the bottom of the forums for our foreign friends. Of course it's not perfect, but it's there.

SpongeBob Picture Gallery
A very extensive screenshots gallery has been added to the main site! We have fully complete screenshots of every episode of the show so far! (The Movie and shorts will be added soon also)
These pictures are now used in the episode information pages (capsules) as well as the character pages.
I spent a very long time getting this done, and while we would really like to show off this great gallery, we would also appreciate it if these pictures weren't rapidly spread all over the internet and the wiki sites. If you'd like to use our pictures, at least give us a link. Also, you'll probably see a few screenshots that are motion-blurred/interlaced. I'll probably go back at some point and pick those out and get a better frame grab, but for now there are enough pictures where it's not a big deal.
Update: Added screenshots of the movie

Other Main Site Updates
-Characters page has an updated look that you'll probably find much more appealing than a long list of names.
-Screenshots show in episode pages now (as said above)
-Search function on website (added that a few days ago, but it's a nice feature if you haven't seen)
-Some random content updates here and there (transcripts and such)

Other various changes will probably be put out throughout this week... just some little things here and there that I didn't get a chance to do. Please report any errors in the Errors topic.
Thanks to everyone who has been so active lately! The forums are doing great! We'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Suggestion:

Don't do another freaking countdown and leave us all in suspense for two weeks lol!!

This is awesome. Awesome stuff.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
It looks amazing! I love the fact that it matches the main site now. Everything looks streamlined and professional.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
The episode discussion forums are so cool

I wonder how much the other admins had to pay Beck to do this :shiftyninja:

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
It's beautiful! The color, the texture, the background, the quality, everything looks fabulous!

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
This.....This is just.......I want to.....

Mods? Admins? Site designers? YOU ARE THE GREATEST PEOPLE WHO HAVE EVER LIVED! The site looks great, man. Nice work. The episode discussion topic things look especially great.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
The episode discussion forums are so cool
That's why I've been trying to get those topics done haha
If you title it perfectly it should automatically add it though :)

and thanks everyone for the appreciation

Cha

I love SBM
Really great, thanks for all the hard work you put into making SpongeBuddy Mania awesome! :D

SpongeShine

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The new background design is PERFECT! It's actually much more detailed and more professional than the last one! The guests are definately missing out!

cwn

Porous Freak
This place looks great! Don't do a countdown next time, though.

Back