SBM is trash

sbl

totally active
I had an ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser and I shattered the screen by dropping it in the car...somehow...anyways. I couldn't see anything, but then I realized my dad also had this phone before and left it somewhere gathering dust. Took the SD card and SIM out of my cracked one and put it in the other Zenfone and voila.

BobCarotte

meep
2 years ago, my Samsung Galaxy S4 fell from the second floor and still worked. The screen didn't even break.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I had an iPhone 5C for a while, which was surprisingly an 8GB phone. However after lightly dropping it around for a while, not caring about anything much my screen started to pop off at the upper right corner. One day after dropping it on the bus, my screen just refused to turn back on. It did have flashes for a while, but nothing visible as far as I could tell. And that was the end of it (for now)...

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Sailor Girl Charli said:
It's happened to all of us, we all cracked, broke, our dropped our cell phones in the toilet at some point in our lives. Why not share our funny stories about it.
Excuse me. o.o Maybe all y'all are careless butterfingers, but I've had 4 cell phones in my life (2 LG flip-phones, and 2 iPhones) dating back to 2004. Never once have I lost, broke, submerged or otherwise damaged any of my phones.

:p

Seriously, though, I can't understand all the "horror stories" I hear from people who've lost or broken their phones. 90% of the time it's because of something that was easily avoidable.

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
i lost my old phone a few months ago while we were moving. idc tho, it was a crap phone anyways lol. good excuse to get a better, new one :D

Katniss

totally coral
I dropped my phone in the toilet in 8th grade. You'd think that would be a cautionary tale for me not to use my phone in the bathroom again but I still do it to this day :p

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:
I'll have you know that I rocked my Motorola RAZR for 7+ years. Never was submerged or broken. :thumbsup:
Oh, man! When I was in high school (ca. 2006), those were the coolest thing. BlackBerry? Hah! iPhone? Never heard of one. Everybody (myself included) wanted a RAZR.

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
I'll have you know that I rocked my Motorola RAZR for 7+ years. Never was submerged or broken. :thumbsup:

I had a KRZR at one point a few years ago (using a Cingular phone in the AT&T days, because why not). Somehow, I ended up drowning it in a swimming pool after owning it for about a year.

SpongeBob And Patrick

I hate Wednesdays!
Rochester, New York State, The United States Of Am
I'm on my third cellphone, each one better than the previous one, even though my mom told me that, if anything, I'd get a worse phone than before if I broke it. My first phone, a Nokia.X2-01 (pretty uncommon), still works, but, it's basically unusable, due to the screen being completely white, after dropping it a bunch of times (one time, a classmate even threw it, which probably didn't help, at all). My second phone, a T-Mobile/Huawei Prism 2, was a smartphone which was pretty uncommo, too (so uncommon that you can only buy cases for it online) and I dropped it a lot, I had it without a case for over a year and all that happened was that the top left corner was cracked, but it wasn't even on the actual screen. But, I broke it by throwing it up in the air and letting it hit the ground (with a case on it). It still works but it's cracked a lot!

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
The only phone I've ever actually broken in some way was in fact my last phone - Samsung S3. I, uh, accidentally broke the camera lens so the focus wouldn't work. Don't even remember breaking it; I just looked at the lens one day and was like "oh, crap, it's cracked," - telling my mom and dad wasn't fun...my mom still thinks I did something on purpose when all instances of dropping it were purely accidental*

*(you know when you take your phone out of your pocket and it's upside down so you rotate it in your hand so it's the right way up? Well, I do this quite swiftly and sometimes when I'm on my bed I get the phone out and do it too quickly which results in it leaping a little and landing on the floor. Funny how I've done this many times between all the phones I've owned and yet only now is it a problem...)

Also, there's a battery problem on my phone that isn't as easy to explain. My mom keeps yelling at me about how I "must have done SOMETHING to the battery" when I actually haven't. I don't even know why it's so problematic! I mean, we found that the battery had inflated a little due to its long use, but we got that replaced eventually.

Ah well. Now I've got the S5, and we gave mom the S3 once we got the camera lens repaired. It's still rubbish, but...it works for all the bare essentials. I've gone through the whole failed-rotating incident at least twice now, and I am so lucky that the lens hasn't broken. I would worry about the actual screen itself, but I seem to have the ability to drop a phone and not crack the screen. Huh. Not that I drop my phone(s) to test this out or anything...that's just stupid :P

Other notable old phones of my past I fondly remember include the T-mobile Vary Touch II (small and stupid, but also my first phone), a HTC phone that looked like a Blackberry (it had Snake on it!!!) and the Samsung Galaxy Young. I also had quite a few phones during the years of 2012-2014 when the Vary Touch stopped working. One of them might've been a flip phone and was my least favorite of the bunch.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
spongedude said:
Excuse me. o.o Maybe all y'all are careless butterfingers, but I've had 4 cell phones in my life (2 LG flip-phones, and 2 iPhones) dating back to 2004. Never once have I lost, broke, submerged or otherwise damaged any of my phones.

:P

Seriously, though, I can't understand all the "horror stories" I hear from people who've lost or broken their phones. 90% of the time it's because of something that was easily avoidable.
what are you talking about? most of the time when my phone or my mom's phone broke, it was because it's on a place where we wouldn't think it would fall, only for it to vibrate and then drop on the ground.

These phone companies should put more effort into their products because a lot of times it's very accidental and not easily avoidable.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
My phone has never really been broken, but it did cause some minor cracks and maybe some bubbles added. That's really because I have a very strong case for it.

PinkPearl

insert title here
The only phone I've broken was my last iPhone- was walking to class and it fell about three feet and smashed :P Funny, it survived worse before that...

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Only one of my cellphones has broken, and it was pretty disinteresting. One time I shut off my phone, and it just... wouldn't turn back on. After excessive charging, resetting, and changing the battery, nothing worked out.

Of course, smashing it with a hammer afterwards... was a bit more fun.

Back