SBM is trash

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Doowop said:
- "Go Squidward! Fly high, do or die! Preferrably the latter."

- The entirety of "Out of the Picture"

- "I'm a tyrant! The worst in the seven seas!"
The last was a parody, as someone pointed out here. The second one was a simple plot device for a comedy. The first is ONE FREAKING LINE.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Doowop said:
- "Go Squidward! Fly high, do or die! Preferrably the latter."

- The entirety of "Out of the Picture"

- "I'm a tyrant! The worst in the seven seas!"
Mt. Krabs will always have a couple of controversial appearances. Remember Mr. Krabs selling SpongeBob's soul for minuscule change? Or what about Mr. Krabs putting up a con to scam children? Or risk his employees lives for a dollar? Or embarrass SpongeBob and Patrick in public? And let's not even go into what he was doing in seasons 6-8.

Honest Slug said:
Mt. Krabs will always have a couple of controversial appearances. Remember Mr. Krabs selling SpongeBob's soul for minuscule change? Or what about Mr. Krabs putting up a con to scam children? Or risk his employees lives for a dollar? Or embarrass SpongeBob and Patrick in public? And let's not even go into what he was doing in seasons 6-8.
Exactly, there's not much to improve when he's supposed to be a partial antagonist

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Doowop said:
Exactly, there's not much to improve when he's supposed to be a partial antagonist
If we were coming off seasons 1-3 (Or maybe 4 IDK) I'd agree. But by season 7 he was as one note as they come. There are definitely moments when he becomes money-loving and an antagonist now, but that isn't all we see from him any more. Examples include Pull Up a Barrel, Tutor Sauce, Married to Money, Whirly Brains,and Krusty Katering. These all show him as a somewhat likable person, where as in seasons 6-8 he was only about money 24/7.

I'm not saying his character is always better now, but there's definitely improvement when his only major bad moments are 2 episodes and a cameo where as in about every season 6-8 episode he was painful to watch.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Easy, Dueling Picnics became Company Picnic. I believe it was one of the first post sequel episodes to be revealed according to a tweet from Paul Tibbitt in December 2014.

Other episodes might have been scrapped.

Improvement doesn't have to make the character a better person. Just a more interesting character. For the most part, he has been used better than majority of s5-8 imo, even though he's still hungry for money.

Back