SBM Discord Widget

Should we use the widget?

• Total voters

Mavaxis Starburner

Malcontent Maverick

1,925 posts
$2,182 doubloons
Back when I first suggested to make our Discord server the official chat, one of the points I made against keeping Cytube in use was that it didn't have the IP.Chat's number icon, the one hanging over the "Chat" button that said how many people were in it. What I didn't note was that Discord has no such related thing either...

...but that's about to change. Allow me to present the Discord widget:

This lovely thing fulfills the same purpose. It's an interactive widget that allows you to scroll through and see who's in the server, and comes ready with a "Connect" button (which takes newcomers straight to the "New Members" channel on the server).

I think it would be best to have on the forum index, but I can't decide where at. That's all up to you guys to decide, hence the poll.

(If we do follow through with this, I have the HTML code already copied.)

MrColeslaw

Error 482: Someone shot the server with a 12 gauge

1,060 posts
$1,389 doubloons
As is usually the case, I totally agree with what Hawk said; shocking, I know.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi

1,913 posts
$381 doubloons
MinecraftFan27 said:
What's a widget? Is that like a midget?
wut no it is not like a midget the widget shows you stuff(like how this widget will tell the number of users online)

President Squidward

Banished

13,293 posts
$3,209 doubloons
I think seeing the widget on both the site and forums would be cool... but then I'm not sure if random non-members would join if they saw it.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member

23,386 posts

$4,039 doubloons
How would it work on the site? How many forum members actually visit the site? Non-members couldn't access Discord without saying who they are on the forums so it's weird having it on the site? Why am I asking you all these question? Will our heroes ever get their phone fixed? Tune in next week and find out!