RSF, the Resident Wikipedian (originally "RSF, the Hockey-Obsessed Wikipedian")

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
RedSoxFan274 said:
My most recent project has been creating state postal abbreviation redirects for articles about small towns that don't yet have them. They're easy to make and I can make them in about a second. Frankly, making them puts me in a sort of rhythm that relaxes me. :P

The scary thing is that the names of these towns are REAL. :P

34zin1c.jpg
Lol I put an official looking message at the top of my user page regarding this. :P

5kr39z.jpg

TMW I finally understand what the balls happens on this thread 2 years later

RedSoxFan274 said:
(Then again, it is just the Islanders. I won't edit the Rangers' page, I promise you.)
ohhh boy, are we gonna have a rivalry

RedSoxFan274

So here's a bit of a belated Throwback Thursday for ya...

Tonight's Republican debate reminded me that back in 2012, I actually wrote some for the article about the Obama-Romney debates, if you can believe that. Below is one of those edits I found from back then (text I added is in blue). A whole election cycle later, that text I added remains almost unchanged on the live version of that page today:

dfgl76.jpg

And here's an edit that really takes me back, just for the fun of it: the Ducks game log as it appeared after the first edit I ever made to it, following a game five years ago TODAY! (just realized that as I was typing it) against the then-Phoenix, now-Arizona Coyotes. I made a couple small errors back then, such as not knowing to use endashes and forgetting the @ sign for a road game, but otherwise I think it turned out pretty well for a first try, don't you? :)

2lupeah.jpg

RedSoxFan274

Welp... I started this article way back five years ago, and I now have to be the one to add the sad news about its name change, along with the blasphemous name changes of properties all throughout Yosemite National Park, names that in some cases have existed for over one hundred years.

n682et.jpg

Eff you, Delaware North. Eff you.

RedSoxFan274

Welp, it's that time of year again! Here was my first hockey playoff Wikipedia edit of the season, for Game 1 of the Panthers-Islanders series. The Panthers made the playoffs in 2012, the first year I adopted their lonesome game log, and even though it took them four long years I can't express my delight that they're finally back in again! (Off to a bit of a rocky start, though, as you can see.) I'll be editing the Ducks page, too, of course; their playoff series begins tomorrow.

I would tell you not to judge the tabbed song in this one but of course you already have. :p

I need to update this thread more often!!!

288794y.jpg

And the finished product:
9suf5f.jpg

RedSoxFan274

Playoffs day 2!

The Ducks had trouble getting off the ground (bad pun), as a persistent Nashville team took away their home-ice advantage in this series and they'll now have to win two of three to get it back.

28mpg28.jpg

I was still listening to Dove, as you can see. :P

33yi1e9.jpg

But Florida won the second game of their series, and by the time I got around to their game log my song choice had shifted to something decidedly more old-school. :P

j0zcqw.jpg

2mnqipx.jpg

RedSoxFan274

I do not like how it's looking for my Duckies. No, sir, I do not like it one bit. They've been totally undisciplined and uncoordinated and now have to go into Nashville (a much tougher building than you'd think; redneck hockey fans can get awfully loud :P) with no guarantees that they won't get swept.

9ld7rr.jpg

np2ctl.jpg

^EDIT: I just realized I screwed that score up! I had it the other way round! I WISH Anaheim had scored the 3! :p Anyway, I fixed that now.

It wasn't a good night for my adopted Cats either, as they blew a lead and lost in overtime.

143dimh.jpg

fk8dvk.jpg

RedSoxFan274

Greetings from the hospital!! Even when I've been hospitalized for Tourette's Syndrome and low sodium levels, that doesn't keep me from editing my Sox!!! (And yes, that is the same thing I put in my edit summary. Sue me. :p)

24glous.jpg

RedSoxFan274

I know I haven't updated here in a while, but as you can see I'm still active on Wikipedia and casting a fairly wide net. :p

2h6yo1f.png

vynqzb.png

And yes I've been editing '16-'17 hockey articles already. Sue me. :p

Back