RSF, the Resident Wikipedian (originally "RSF, the Hockey-Obsessed Wikipedian")

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
And so it is seven. The Ducks have lost playoff Game 7s AT HOME TWO YEARS IN A ROW (Detroit first round 2013, Los Angeles second round 2014). The third time had better be the charm, guys.

2qwcztc.jpg

RedSoxFan274

Here's a live update from Section 421 of the Pond where the second period just got underway and where things have been going... well... rather abysmally for the boys in black and orange.

2a0mfs7.jpg

RedSoxFan274

katnisslovestacos said:
C'mon, just vandalize the Blackhawks' page and say they suck eggs ;)
I can't stoop that low. Blackhawks fans are jerks; somebody has to be the bigger person. :P

Because I actually went to this final game in person, somebody got to the game log before I did, so it turns out this was the only game (I think ... maybe there was one other I missed, but I don't think so) of the playoffs that I didn't put in.

But I did update the lead section of the page detailing the Ducks' somewhat ... notorious trend:

168fqkx.jpg

But, although it was someone else's work, here's a final look just for the heck of it:

2hn1izm.jpg

I hope Bruce Boudreau doesn't get fired because of this. He deserves one more season at the very least. After all, every year they get a series further in the playoffs. They're taking baby steps. Next year they'll get there!

If there is any silver lining in this, it is not, after years of watching Boston teams competing in championships from 3,000 miles away, having to be in the ironic situation of watching my only California team competing in a championship from 3,000 miles away. That would've felt weird, I have to admit, especially if they'd won the whole thing.

But I'm glad I got out to a game at least and I have no regrets!

2015-16 will be even better!

Now I focus my attention squarely on the Sox! :P

Back