RSF, the Resident Wikipedian (originally "RSF, the Hockey-Obsessed Wikipedian")

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
The following is example #53,467,254,818 why RSF needs a life:

Well, let's see, we're checking out the season pages on Wikipedia from around the National Hockey League tonight... oop! Here's an empty one!

20kdph4.jpg

Well then, let's pull up the game summary so we know what information to transcribe... looks like they had a fair crowd in St. Paul this evening...

14w8t42.jpg

And so let's throw all that into the editing box and click "Save..."

14mw8lt.jpg

And voila! Who'd've thunk it that a few simple clicks on the keyboard could get the job done...

6pp0me.jpg

But, as you can see, the Flames did not have the ONLY empty game log when I looked around tonight...

25gxc94.jpg

RedSoxFan274 -- Keeping the Hockey Game Logs FILLED - ON - TIME ... until he gets himself a life.

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
Lol you aren't addicted to Wikipedia until you go from reading about modern architecture to Mariah Carey, reading every article in between. EVERY

:WETPAINT:

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
Halibut said:
Wikipedia trick: take any wikipedia article and keep clicking the first article link on the page. Sooner or later, it will lead to the article for philosophy.
Hehe got there from the Pink Floyd page,

but got stuck in "theater (disambiguation)" :P

I'm sure theater would somehow lead to philosophy though.

Halibut said:
Wikipedia trick: take any wikipedia article and keep clicking the first article link on the page. Sooner or later, it will lead to the article for philosophy.
the trick worked for "Llama" lol

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
What are the other 53,467,254,817 reasons? :P

Kidding, anyway that doesn't mean you don't have a life, your just a huge sports fan. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Don't give up the day job, they say.

RedSoxFan274

Jeez, my addiction to this must be getting pretty deep if I'm editing the page for a NEW YORK TEAM. ._. (Then again, it is just the Islanders. I won't edit the Rangers' page, I promise you.)

qmxkif.jpg

AND THE CAPITALS! I'm supposed to hate these guys! WHY AM I EDITING THEIR PAGE?!?!?!

2w4k708.jpg

They got 13,000 North Carolinians to attend a hockey game? How'd they pull that off? And WOW, the Avs LOST a game for once.

5p4unm.jpg

Look! Bilingual game reports for Montreal! :D (For the record, I can't stand Valtteri Filppula.)

35n3ngx.jpg

I support three teams: the Ducks, the Bruins, and whoever beats the Red Wings.

33uahvt.jpg

Hockey in the desert is so paradoxical, it's almost adorable.

2jdrtxf.jpg

And how fitting is it that we should end by returning to the team that started this thread? (Even though they lost. AGAIN.)

1zxv710.jpg

But tonight's workload consists of a mere few games, out of 1,230 in total, stretching on endlessly, night after night, for six months. And I will continue to be there.

Because somebody has to be.

1sidg2.jpg

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
RedSoxFan274 said:
Jeez, my addiction to this must be getting pretty deep if I'm editing the page for a NEW YORK TEAM. ._. (Then again, it is just the Islanders. I won't edit the Rangers' page, I promise you.)

qmxkif.jpg

AND THE CAPITALS! I'm supposed to hate these guys! WHY AM I EDITING THEIR PAGE?!?!?!

2w4k708.jpg

They got 13,000 North Carolinians to attend a hockey game? How'd they pull that off? And WOW, the Avs LOST a game for once.

5p4unm.jpg

Look! Bilingual game reports for Montreal! :D (For the record, I can't stand Valtteri Filppula.)

35n3ngx.jpg

I support three teams: the Ducks, the Bruins, and whoever beats the Red Wings.

33uahvt.jpg

Hockey in the desert is so paradoxical, it's almost adorable.

2jdrtxf.jpg

And how fitting is it that we should end by returning to the team that started this thread? (Even though they lost. AGAIN.)

1zxv710.jpg

But tonight's workload consists of a mere few games, out of 1,230 in total, stretching on endlessly, night after night, for six months. And I will continue to be there.

Because somebody has to be.

1sidg2.jpg
RSF, the Hockey-Obsessed, New York team-lovin Wikipedian.

RedSoxFan274

I <3 ooooooofy said:
You should troll the Yankees page like kids did to those SpongePedia articles.
Yeah, but that's a fake Wikipedia. This is the real one. :p

Besides, I have too much integrity to do something like that. As someone who has been on Wikipedia for over three years and made nearly 7,000 edits, I have principles... even though I do have to fight an urge to do that sometimes. :p

EDIT:

As you can see, as with any job, there is a backlog at times...

2ikz5t0.jpg

And can you guess how many more games would have been added to that backlog had I not been there to bring it up to date? :p

27zi7w3.jpg

Poor Oilers keep losing. :( For being the northernmost team in the NHL, you'd think they'd have something of a better grasp on this sport.

2weawya.jpg

RedSoxFan274 said:
Yeah, but that's a fake Wikipedia. This is the real one. :p

Besides, I have too much integrity to do something like that. As someone who has been on Wikipedia for over three years and made nearly 7,000 edits, I have principles... even though I do have to fight an urge to do that sometimes. :p

EDIT:

As you can see, as with any job, there is a backlog at times...

2ikz5t0.jpg

And can you guess how many more games would have been added to that backlog had I not been there to bring it up to date? :p

27zi7w3.jpg

Poor Oilers keep losing. :( For being the northernmost team in the NHL, you'd think they'd have something of a better grasp on this sport.

2weawya.jpg
lulz I troll things for a living <3

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
RedSoxFan274 said:
RSF WIKIPEDIA HOCKEY GAME LOG INPUT FACEPALM-WORTHY ERROR #1:

feqtdl.jpg

Well, the SCORE might help, huh?!
:facepalm:
Do I see an update about RSF's error? :P

A: I just became the new Stinko
B: Seems like what I said makes no sense

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
my favorite hockey team is the mighty ducks of anahiem,here come the mighty ducks,ducks rocks,on the road to glory and no time to stop here come the mighty ducks. but i'm sure they have seen better days when they defeated draganus.

Back