Rock-a-Bye-Bivalve should be banned.

debubster

-F I E R C E-
You idiots. BANNING these scenes would just show how easily the crew at Nick and SB give in to homophobia/media pressure. To summarize from the South Park episode "Cartoon Wars," if they banned that one episode, it would create a domino effect, and pretty soon every episode containing some form of suggestive SB/Patrick interaction would have to be edited/banned, which would ruin the episode, ruining, in turn, the series, and many other shows. Today's society is all about testing limits and overcoming boundaries; they know that they can control TV shows by calling them controversial, and they just want to see how far they can control it without having the crew stand up to them. It is a kid's cartoon; it would just not be right to see SB cave in to people that actually watch kid's cartoons and automatically think "GAY!" Those are the kind of people we should be fighting... not the people that provide the so called "controversial" entertainment because they want to see how much power they hold over things like television.

PS: :P I used South Park as a reference. Get over it.
PSS: This isn't a topic over whether homosexuality is right or wrong. Saying that you have "no problemo with gays" can be taken very offensively... learn that some people just don't give a ::censored:: if you have a problem with them or not.

Final Fantasy Spongebob

France is the burden
You idiots. BANNING these scenes would just show how easily the crew at Nick and SB give in to homophobia/media pressure. To summarize from the South Park episode "Cartoon Wars," if they banned that one episode, it would create a domino effect, and pretty soon every episode containing some form of suggestive SB/Patrick interaction would have to be edited/banned, which would ruin the episode, ruining, in turn, the series, and many other shows. Today's society is all about testing limits and overcoming boundaries; they know that they can control TV shows by calling them controversial, and they just want to see how far they can control it without having the crew stand up to them. It is a kid's cartoon; it would just not be right to see SB cave in to people that actually watch kid's cartoons and automatically think "GAY!" Those are the kind of people we should be fighting... not the people that provide the so called "controversial" entertainment because they want to see how much power they hold over things like television.

PS: :P I used South Park as a reference. Get over it.
PSS: This isn't a topic over whether homosexuality is right or wrong. Saying that you have "no problemo with gays" can be taken very offensively... learn that some people just don't give a ::censored:: if you have a problem with them or not.

Learn that people take offense to being called idiots a lot more often than they take offense to some1 not wanting to gaybash :P

But I think you're right. They show much worse stuff on TV, and kids probably don't even think about that kinda relationship between spongebob and patrick.

debubster

-F I E R C E-
Learn that people take offense to being called idiots a lot more often than they take offense to some1 not wanting to gaybash :P

But I think you're right. They show much worse stuff on TV, and kids probably don't even think about that kinda relationship between spongebob and patrick.
I know. I had to start my post off in a dramatic fashion. :P

Exactly. The KIDS don't think about that stuff. Since it's a KIDS show, it shouldn't matter what the perverted, immature adults think.

PlanktonBob

!HCNUP NOCLAF ESREVER
IT'S A KIDS CARTOON!!!! Why would SpongeBob be gay? Now, I am NOT homophobic and I have nothing against gays but it's a KIDS CARTOON! A KIDS CARTOON!!!!! There shouldn't be any orientation to any male fictional character! Who knows? Maybe SpongeBob is ACTING during the course of this show!

Final Fantasy Spongebob

France is the burden
and the creators have stated many a time he's not gay! What else can they do without changing the whole show! The point is he's a really innocent, unspoiled adult with a kids life!

spongesgirl

Imitation Krab
Oh come on! I saw absolutely no gay relationships in that episode whatsoever! They didn't even sleep in the same part of the bed. It's not like SpongeBob and Patrick kissed or anything! Right?

CPU1

The Last Melon
Spongeiesgirl read the rules it says not to bump old topics.

But I want to say something.

If you ask me, the controversial Rock-a-Bye-Bivalve should be just like the PKMN episode Dennou Senshei Porygon: banned everywhere in the world.

This was basically the episode that started this whole dilemna about SB being homosexual. Even Stephen Hillenburg's confirmation of SB being asexual isn't shutting people up.

A couple of years back, a few people at school even thought I myself was gay just for watching SB.

Does anyone else feel RABB should be banned everywhere?
If you watch the show and are called gay, that's just retarded. Whoever told you that obviously wasn't thinking clearly. Why do some people make such a big deal out of this kind of stuff?

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
and the creators have stated many a time he's not gay!
There's only one creator. :fail:

More then that, he's even confirmed that SpongeBob is asexual, which is true in real-life sponges. That means that he has no hormonial romance at all nor does he need it to reproduce (as seen in Pressure, he reproduces by budding, which is also true to his kind).

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll

Now wait a second! The rules say, don't bump up old topics unless you have something to say! And I had something to say! Also, SB is NOT Gay!!!
He meant, something to say that cannot be made into a new topic. You could've just as easily made a new topic saying he's not gay.

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism
I just realized Doug rated this topic PG for drugs...
Unless the "D" stood for "Douglas". :yes:
But then it'd be R-D. :hunter:

debubster

-F I E R C E-

Now wait a second! The rules say, don't bump up old topics unless you have something to say! And I had something to say! Also, SB is NOT Gay!!!
He meant, something to say that cannot be made into a new topic. You could've just as easily made a new topic saying he's not gay.
And then everyone would be yelling at her because this topic has been discussed so many times before. And don't mind Doug, he just likes making himself feel important and older and more mature than everyone else by attaching TV/movie ratings to everything he posts.

crazy4purple23

Floating Shopping List
I don't think it should be banned. It's all in good fun :xD:

Plus: younger children are not going to see them as anything bad.

Back