Revenge of the Flying Dutchman

This game is quite disliked, especially the PS2 version, and I was wondering if some people out there actually liked this game. Comparing it to the Heavy Iron games, a lot choose the Heavy Iron games like the Movie Game and BFBB; and I agree with them. So, what was your experience with this game?

FinnDinner said:
I'd rather play Battle of Bikini Bottom, but I'd call this its younger, less appreciated, brother.
Pretty much! xD Considering how most think of BFBB as the best SpongeBob game, that includes me, this game was kind of left in the dust. :sweat:

Personally, I think this game is alright, it presents some challenge, which is fine but compared to BFBB it is extremely primitive. No autosave like BFBB, models look really dated for 2002, and the game has only 15 minutes worth of tracks while BFBB has 45 minutes. Some people think this game was possibly meant for the N64 and PS1, but shifted development to the Gamecube and PS2 as soon as they released. I believe this theory as a possibility. Either that or this game just was just not well done. I still fell kind of bad for Big Sky, as they got shut down after this... ._.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I haven’t heard anything particularly awful about it, except for the DidYouKnowGaming video that stated it shut down its studio. I’ve only seen a few gameplay videos, because I’m not really into SpongeBob’s gaming career, and it just seemed average.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I think I had this one on GBA and I enjoyed it a lot. Although it's been years and years since I've played it so I'm not sure how I'd compare it to the later SB games that were released

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
I only played the GBA version who is way than the console version from what I’ve see.

By the way, I owned the GameCube version, there were no bugs as far I know, no crashes, didn't lose my progress. But... the game has massive frame rate drop mainly in Goo Lagoon and awful collision detection mainly in Sandy's Treedome. I also finished the game, but the ending just was not satisfying at all. It's mediocre, but it's not that awful in my opinion.

Actually, now that I think about it, this game is kind of easy, the final boss is the most underwhelming fight ever.

Re-Hydrated Sponge

Moby Dollar
One of the the game's biggest flaws is that it forces you to complete it 100% to be able to fight the Final Boss, which means that it has no replay value

Back