Retro-Bit Generations

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
The Retro-Bit Generations is an upcoming plug & play console with over 100 game titles published by Capcom, Data East, Jaleco and Irem. The system will be available one whole day before Nintendo's NES Classic Edition, on November 10, 2016. It is meant to compete with the Nintendo NES Classic Edition and AtGames Sega Genesis consoles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkbK9IaUtSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efT0PYSia4U

Retro-Bit-Generations-4.jpg

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
TheSwaggyDankMemerKing said:
Big deal. Just another emulation system.
Expect emulation consoles to become the "new normal" when the next generation (or two) of consoles ends.

Saying this is another emulation system is just like saying Cities: Skylines is another SimCity clone.

Spleenburb RectangleButt

I like turtles!
Expect emulation consoles to become the "new normal" when the next generation (or two) of consoles ends.

Saying this is another emulation system is just like saying Cities: Skylines is another SimCity clone.
Sop trying to defend emulation systems. You know full well that we can just download emulators and ROMs online.

Companies are literally trying to sell something we can get online free. That isn't a good thing.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Sop trying to defend emulation systems. You know full well that we can just download emulators and ROMs online.

Companies are literally trying to sell something we can get online free. That isn't a good thing.
Actually by law free online emulation is illegal, the only reason most companies don't care is that the majority of games distributed are old ones.

toonjoey

Bomb-Selling Pirate
"Super 3D Noahs Ark"

Don't they mean DOOM?

But really this profile picture is how I feel TBH...they all seem to be some games they made and said "This is good right guys?".

EDIT:Also, a number of emulation consoles are made very poorly. I still have my old Genesis plug-n-play that played sounds other than the SEGA logo at a lower pitch. Haven't played it to this day.

toonjoey

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Seems like it. But this is too unnoticable IMO, "meant to compete with the Nintendo NES Classic Edition and AtGames Sega Genesis consoles" is just an overstretch.

EDIT:They got intuitive wrong.

From the dictionary:

1. using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.

ops

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Honest Slug said:
Actually by law free online emulation is illegal, the only reason most companies don't care is that the majority of games distributed are old ones.
That's right. For example, GameTek may no longer be in business (they made the Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune games for the NES, SNES and Genesis), but Nintendo and Sega are and they have to protect their copyrighted work from software piracy.

It's all about the C-A-S-H. I'm talking 'bout the C-A-S-H.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Well C-A-S-H won't stop them from getting sued.
C-A-S-H won't stop Nintendo or Sega from shutting down mall kiosks that sell illegaly-made Chinese-import video game emulation boxes at the Mall of America either. I respect the Pi for being cheaper, but if people want a more accessible option available from big box retail like the Retro Bit Generations or NES Classic Edition, LET THEM HAVE IT! More money for the company in question! If you want a REAL console, I suggest you wait for the Nintendo Switch or the next Xbox or PlayStation to be released.

Spleenburb RectangleButt

I like turtles!
C-A-S-H won't stop Nintendo or Sega from shutting down mall kiosks that sell illegaly-made Chinese-import video game emulation boxes at the Mall of America either. I respect the Pi for being cheaper, but if people want a more accessible option available from big box retail like the Retro Bit Generations or NES Classic Edition, LET THEM HAVE IT! More money for the company in question! If you want a REAL console, I suggest you wait for the Nintendo Switch or the next Xbox or PlayStation to be released.
Stop

Back