Release date - Feb 6th 2015

kev

innit
ITS A HINT FOR SPANDY! A day before Valentines Day!

hfjs

kevin_ng2010 said:
ITS A HINT FOR SPANDY! A day before Valentines Day
no just no

abney317 said:
They're releasing it on Friday the 13th? How brave of them
ikr

E.V.I.L said:
You two are lucky duckies :/
M2GzBQu.jpg
That's what I just said.

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
E.V.I.L said:
THAT'S 5 DAYS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

best. birthday. present. ever.
Best present ever that you can't have. Seriously, how do you intend to see the movie if your parents seem like they'd kill you for watching SB? Also, how do you watch the show?

TropicalNards112233 said:
Best present ever that you can't have. Seriously, how do you intend to see the movie if your parents seem like they'd kill you for watching SB? Also, how do you watch the show?
I will sneak to the movie theaters somehow, probably by my sisters as they always come home for my birthday.

And I used to watch SB on Netflix (ya know before Viacom was a jerk and took it off) and/or found the new episodes on youtube, hence why I haven't watched very much of Seasons 7-9 :(

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
E.V.I.L said:
I will sneak to the movie theaters somehow, probably by my sisters as they always come home for my birthday.
And I used to watch SB on Netflix (ya know before Viacom was a jerk and took it off) and/or found the new episodes on youtube, hence why I haven't watched very much of Seasons 7-9 :(
So you've never watched it on TV? If so, how did you even find out about this show?

TropicalNards112233 said:
So you've never watched it on TV? If so, how did you even find out about this show?
I did watch it on TV when I was younger. I've been banned from the show ever since early 2012.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Trophy said:
All I have to say is: WHY ARE THEY TORTURING US WITH THE NOW 2015 DATE!??! If it changed back to 2014 let me know I missed that part.
Late 2014 was only ever an estimate and February 2015 is the first officially announced date. It's not that far off the estimate, really, but because it's bumped into 2015 it feels like a lot longer.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
New release date - 6th Feb 2015!

Paramount Avoids ‘Fifty Shades’ by Moving Up ‘Spongebob Squarepants’ Sequel

In a smart scheduling switcheroo, Paramount has moved up the release of “Spongebob Squarepants 2” by one week to avoid Universal's steamy “Fifty Shades of Grey.” Additionally, Paramount will re-release “Forrest Gump” in IMAX on Sept. 5, 2014.

“Spongebob” was originally scheduled for release on Feb. 13, 2015, when it would have served as counter programming against “Fifty Shades,” but it will now hit theaters on Feb. 6, 2015.
(Link.)

Supmandude

Squog
Wait seriously? The sooner the better, but they're trying to avoid Fifty Shades of Grey? Why would anybody think that Fifty Shades of Grey and SpongeBob have even remotely close to the same demographic?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Supmandude said:
Wait seriously? The sooner the better, but they're trying to avoid Fifty Shades of Grey? Why would anybody think that Fifty Shades of Grey and SpongeBob have even remotely close to the same demographic?
The logic is that Fifty Shades will be popular with moms, and most of SpongeBob's audience will need moms to take them to the movie. (Click the link and go to the article to read where they say this - I didn't copy/paste that part because it's a little inappropriate.)

Screencrush gives another possible reason:
It’s likely that ‘SpongeBob’ saw how well ‘The LEGO Movie‘ did opening that weekend this year and wanted to copy its success, and it’s also likely one of these pictures [Jupiter Ascending, Mordecai, Seventh Son] will shift their release date.

Supmandude

Squog
The logic is that Fifty Shades will be popular with moms, and most of SpongeBob's audience will need moms to take them to the movie. (Click the link and go to the article to read where they say this - I didn't copy/paste that part because it's a little inappropriate.)
Oh, I guess that makes sense. I thought the demographic for Fifty Shades of Gray was more like teenage girls, but I don't know much about it.

DadMom AngryPants said:
That makes sense too. :)

Back