Regular Show foreshadowed it's own ending, waaay back in S1

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
07b664c4627bbd5933ce9a391590eee1.jpg

Think about how the show's opening theme has been the same since Season 1 came out, 6 years ago. It's a background of outer Space. And the show wraps up in Season 8 in space. Was this good timing, did the staff plan this out, or did they improvise from looking at the theme? Hec, way back in the 2010 episode, The Power, in season 1, the whole gang gets sent to the moon, and that was the first episode to air, not counting the pilot. There was even another Season 1 episode, where mordecia and rigby pretend to be astronauts. The show corresponds what happens, six years in the past. What do you guys think?

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
Hmm, possibly. I mean for all we know, it's a mere coincidence but who knows. Anything's possible.

BenPaz said:
I just think they wanted to make the background space and nothing more than that. They probably chose Space for the finale because Space is cool!
I agree with this.

It was just years later they decided to go to space again cuz they have been in space before anyway.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Grumpy Squidward Guy said:
07b664c4627bbd5933ce9a391590eee1.jpg

Think about how the show's opening theme has been the same since Season 1 came out, 6 years ago. It's a background of outer Space. And the show wraps up in Season 8 in space. Was this good timing, did the staff plan this out, or did they improvise from looking at the theme? Hec, way back in the 2010 episode, The Power, in season 1, the whole gang gets sent to the moon, and that was the first episode to air, not counting the pilot. There was even another Season 1 episode, where mordecia and rigby pretend to be astronauts. The show corresponds what happens, six years in the past. What do you guys think?
One of the prominent production figures on The Simpsons stated that he would like to see the finale of that show go back to the first episode, "Simpsons on a Roasting Fire", essentially making the whole series one loop. I think this could be the same thing with RS, just on their own path.

Back