References and Easter Eggs in Season 9b

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
While watching episodes in Season 9b, you may notice that there are a lot of hidden references and Easter eggs, hidden in the backgrounds of the show. I made this topic so as new episodes come along, we can post new references and Easter eggs in this topic. Here are some that I've noticed so far. :)

Mall Girl Pearl (I know there are a bunch of old characters that are hidden throughout the episode, but I'm just going to focus on episode references):
chJVE9E.jpg

The first one that I noticed was from the episode "Whale of a Birthday" from Season 4, at the beginning of the episode, we can see Pearl looking through (and kissing) a magazine with the boy band "Boys Who Cry" titled on one of the pages, the band "Boys Who Cry" was first mentioned in the episode "Whale of a Birthday".
JlXthEr.jpg

The next one is a reference from a Season 2 episode, "Sailor Mouth", in the episode, SpongeBob was reading writing on a dumpster behind the Krusty Krab, some of the text he read was "Squidward smells" and "Krabs is a :dolphinnoise:". On one of the mall doors in "Mall Girl Pearl" you can see the same writing that was in the Season 2 episode.

Sharks vs. Pods, this episode has a bunch of hidden Easter eggs that you normally wouldn't notice.
9sGNW36.jpg

The first one is the spatula from "Help Wanted", as it can be seen in a frame on SpongeBob's wall.
5nEvUyn.jpg

The next one is a tag on the Strangler's fake mustache from the episode "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler", as it can be seen on SpongeBob's fake mustache as well.
TIQXX5P.jpg

The next one is two Easter eggs back to back to each other in SpongeBob's garage, the first one is a license plate that reads "iM-RDY", which is referencing the episode "No Free Rides" from Season 2, as that is what read on SpongeBob's license plate in the episode. Another one is SpongeBob bicycle, which can be seen in various episodes from the older Seasons.

Lame and Fortune:
CtXweqJ.jpg

In one scene Plankton is using a fishing rod to retrieve SpongeBob, the same way as Mr. Krabs did in the episode "SpongeHenge".
ckuSNAT.jpg

The next one is not only a SpongeBob Easter egg, but a Easter egg to it's home channel, Nickelodeon. In one scene, Plankton is stepped on by a customer in the Chum Bucket, and he turns into a splat, the splat the he turned into looks oddly familiar to Nickelodeon's old splat logo.

Anyway, those are all the ones I've found, If you have found any that I have missed, be sure to post them in this topic. :)

Poop

it is i
They should of had a OCM reference in Married to Money when Cashina (Plankton) met Pearl. But no

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
Here's some more I've found:

Tutor Sauce:
3wEMxds.jpg

In one scene, you can see SpongeBob sleeping with a stuffed bear in the boat Mr. Krabs was using to teach SpongeBob to drive, but that plush bear was originally seen in the Season 4 episode "Skill Crane", as the first toy SpongeBob won from the claw machine.
tfeyDcZ.jpg

In another scene "Jeffrey the Jellyfish" from the Season 2 episode "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic" can be scene in an arcade.

Sold!:
Ixh4Jzm.jpg

In one scene, Squidward is seen sleeping in bed with the stuffed bear he won in the Season 4 episode "Skill Crane".

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Together with Reg there's another one purple fish (mascular fish) that was also a part from the episode ''No Weenies Allowed'' :thumb1:

Back