Recommend a movie for me please

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
Hey you guys, could you recommend a movie for me that is in the horror or comedy genres?

For comedies, I love Borat, A clockwork orange, Airplane!, and blazing saddles.

I'm new to the genre of horror, so what would be a good movie to start with? (not neccessarily the best, just the best to start with).

What movies would I like?

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
1955453_4_263.jpg

Katniss

totally coral
I'll recommend some comedies since I don't watch horror movies.

21 Jump Street and its sequel 22 Jump Street are pretty funny.
Anchorman is a pretty solid Will Ferrell comedy.
Clueless is an excellent teen comedy with great one-liners.
You might like Monty Python and the Holy Grail for something a bit more old-school.

SmythTheCrow

Space Pirate
Big Trouble in Little China. It's basically the Mortal Kombat movie of the 80s, as well as one of my favorite John Carpenter films. Not to mention the movie just turned 30 on July 1st.

kev

innit
HORROR
-the Scream series
-Let Me In
-Saw (first 3?)

COMEDY
-Scary Movie #1 (skip the sequels)
-Birdman
-Dumb & Dumber

You should totally watch Her too, not sure if you're into the indie scene... ;)

> A Clockwork Orange
> Comedy

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok

Here are some horror movies I highly recommend:

The Babadook, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Drag Me To Hell, The Conjuring 1 and 2, The Ring, The Texas Chain Saw Msssicare and Alien

As for comedy:

Mean Girls, 21 Jump Street, 22 Jump Street, This is the End, Pineapple Express and Spy (2015)

For a horror-comedy: Cabin in the Woods <33333

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
To see in theatres or to rent at a random movie store?
For the former, Finding Dory. For the latter, Nanny McPhee (literally the first thing to pop into my head).

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
Try a horror-comedy:

Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz
Zombieland
Little Shop of Horrors
Beetlejuice

Bruno is a movie in the same style as Borat with Sacha Baron Cohen, so are the Jackass movies.

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
WhoBob said:
> A Clockwork Orange
> Comedy

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok

Here are some horror movies I highly recommend:

The Babadook, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Drag Me To Hell, The Conjuring 1 and 2, The Ring, The Texas Chain Saw Msssicare and Alien

As for comedy:

Mean Girls, 21 Jump Street, 22 Jump Street, This is the End, Pineapple Express and Spy (2015)

For a horror-comedy: Cabin in the Woods <33333
"A Clockwork Orange is a 1971 dystopian crime film" Well I'll be! I always thought of it as a dark comedy. That makes me feel like a sadist.

Leedles

Leedle
I'm a bit late to the party, but I have some good recommendations.

For horror comedies, try Shaun of the Dead, The Visit, Krampus, Cabin in the Woods, Zombieland, What We Do in the Shadows, Gremlins, The Lost Boys, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, Tremors, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, Only Lovers Left Alive, Dead Alive, An American Werewolf in London, Re-Animator, The Frighteners, and Arachnophobia.

For films similar to the comedies you listed, try Hot Shots, The Naked Gun, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, Silent Movie, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Dr. Strangelove, Bruno, The Dictator, History of the World: Part I, The Producers, High Anxiety, Caddyshack, Animal House, Stripes, The Blues Brothers, Ali G Indahouse, The Brothers Grimsby, and Ace Ventura.

For other comedies, try This is the End, Anchorman, the Jump Street Movies, Spy, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Truman Show, Snatch, The Hangover, The Big Lebowski, Silver Linings Playbook, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Ted, Deadpool, Groundhog Day, Kick-::dolphin noise::, Superbad, Men in Black, Kingsman, Monty Python, Hot Fuzz, American Pie, The 40-Year Old Virgin, Knocked up, We're the Millers, Tropic Thunder, Home Alone, In Bruges, Dumb and Dumber, Wedding Crashers, Easy A, Scott Pilgrim, 50/50, Meet the Parents, The Simpsons Movie, The Breakfast Club, Pineapple Express, Being John Malkovich, There's Something About Mary, Burn After Reading, Mean Girls, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Moonrise Kingdom, O Brother Where Art Thou, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pitch Perfect, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Graduate, School of Rock, The Royal Tenenbaums, Almost Famous, Office Space, Thank You for Smoking, Annie Hall, Paul, Beetlejuice, Ghostbusters, Seven Psychopaths, Old School, The World's End, Austin Powers, Rango, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Nice Guys, The Big Short, I Love You Man, South Park, Happy Gilmore, Harold and Kumar, Big, Adaptation, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Chef, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Team America, Rushmore, and...::dolphin noise:: it, I could go on for decades. I'll end here.

Good starter horror should be films that are PG-13 and below, since R-rated films usually are a whole lot scarier. I was kind of cheating with the horror comedies since a good chunk of those are R, but whatever. Try watching The Birds, The Others, Invasion of the Body Snatchers '78, Poltergeist, 10 Cloverfield Lane, I Am Legend, The Ring, Cloverfield, World War Z, Insidious, What Lies Beneath, Drag Me to Hell, The Woman in Black, and Mama.

And yes, I didn't put Jaws and The Sixth Sense there because I don't consider them horror. I also consider World War Z horror, so go figure. Watch them if you'd like though.

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
The Spicy Burrito said:
I'm a bit late to the party, but I have some good recommendations.

For horror comedies, try Shaun of the Dead, The Visit, Krampus, Cabin in the Woods, Zombieland, What We Do in the Shadows, Gremlins, The Lost Boys, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, Tremors, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, Only Lovers Left Alive, Dead Alive, An American Werewolf in London, Re-Animator, The Frighteners, and Arachnophobia.

For films similar to the comedies you listed, try Hot Shots, The Naked Gun, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, Silent Movie, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Dr. Strangelove, Bruno, The Dictator, History of the World: Part I, The Producers, High Anxiety, Caddyshack, Animal House, Stripes, The Blues Brothers, Ali G Indahouse, The Brothers Grimsby, and Ace Ventura.

For other comedies, try This is the End, Anchorman, the Jump Street Movies, Spy, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Truman Show, Snatch, The Hangover, The Big Lebowski, Silver Linings Playbook, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Ted, Deadpool, Groundhog Day, Kick-::dolphin noise::, Superbad, Men in Black, Kingsman, Monty Python, Hot Fuzz, American Pie, The 40-Year Old Virgin, Knocked up, We're the Millers, Tropic Thunder, Home Alone, In Bruges, Dumb and Dumber, Wedding Crashers, Easy A, Scott Pilgrim, 50/50, Meet the Parents, The Simpsons Movie, The Breakfast Club, Pineapple Express, Being John Malkovich, There's Something About Mary, Burn After Reading, Mean Girls, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Moonrise Kingdom, O Brother Where Art Thou, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pitch Perfect, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Graduate, School of Rock, The Royal Tenenbaums, Almost Famous, Office Space, Thank You for Smoking, Annie Hall, Paul, Beetlejuice, Ghostbusters, Seven Psychopaths, Old School, The World's End, Austin Powers, Rango, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Nice Guys, The Big Short, I Love You Man, South Park, Happy Gilmore, Harold and Kumar, Big, Adaptation, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Chef, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Team America, Rushmore, and...::dolphin noise:: it, I could go on for decades. I'll end here.

Good starter horror should be films that are PG-13 and below, since R-rated films usually are a whole lot scarier. I was kind of cheating with the horror comedies since a good chunk of those are R, but whatever. Try watching The Birds, The Others, Invasion of the Body Snatchers '78, Poltergeist, 10 Cloverfield Lane, I Am Legend, The Ring, Cloverfield, World War Z, Insidious, What Lies Beneath, Drag Me to Hell, The Woman in Black, and Mama.

And yes, I didn't put Jaws and The Sixth Sense there because I don't consider them horror. I also consider World War Z horror, so go figure. Watch them if you'd like though.
Wow, thanks for all of the effort here. I appreciate it.

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
SpongeBob universe said:
Still, monster house is really good as a horror comedy
I've seen it, and I wasn't too fond of it tbh. If I wanted an animated horror film, I'd probably choose frankenweenie.

Back