Pinned thread READ FIRST: Before you decide to start a new list...

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Don't :|

But seriously, whilst the majority of the list threads we have here are enjoyable to read and follow, the fact is they just don't get finished.

This post is mainly for those who want to start a top episode list at a number like 'Top 100' or 'Top 50'. It might seem like it won't take too long to complete, but in reality it will be time consuming. People will probably expect you to give a good paragraph (or a few detailed sentences at least) of your comment on why you have chosen that particular episode and why you have put it at that number in your list.

Don't let this scare you off. If you are serious about starting an episode list with a realistic goal of finishing it, by all means go ahead. Nobody is stopping you. However, please don't start a new list and then give up on it after one or two episodes. Maybe try and write ahead (so do the first 5 episodes of your list in one week and then post the thread the next week to post a new one each day) or something else.

This post isn't aimed at anyone particular at all, it's just aimed at anyone new who comes by and sees the amount of list threads we have here and might want to start one without thinking ahead about how much time they will dedicate to actually updating the list. Think before you hit 'Post New Topic'! :p

Ahh my list.

I will defo complete it by the end of 2013. :)

I mean it's done, I'm just too busy to post it. :|

Probably should have wrote my description in word and not on paper... lol

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Just make sure you list your episodes and type* all of your reviews BEFORE you make the topic. So when the time comes when you have a lot of free times, you can create the topic and copy past the list from the word document like a lazy bum.

At least that's what I do. :rofl2:

And to make a review. It's pretty simple. First, watch the episode. And then ask yourself the following questions :

Do you like it?
Is the plot interesting?
Did they execute it well enough?*
Is it funny?
Would you like to watch it again?

And then look at the cast. And again ask yourself the following questions :

Did the character amuse you?
Did he/she make good jokes?
Did he/she annoyed you by doing certain activities? Like abusing Squid or laughing so much?

And yeah, make the conclusion out of it, and the one with more positive points means it is better.

*a sign of terrible execution usually means the episode is boring, or irritating.

Just make sure you list your episodes and write all of your reviews BEFORE you make the topic. So when the time comes when you have a lot of free times, you can create the topic and copy past the list from the word document like a lazy bum.

At least that's what I do. :rofl2:

And to make a review. It's pretty simple. First, watch the episode. And then ask yourself the following questions :

Do you like it?
Is the plot interesting?
Did they execute it well enough?*
Is it funny?
Would you like to watch it again?

And then look at the cast. And again ask yourself the following questions :

Did the character amuse you?
Did he/she make good jokes?
Did he/she annoyed you by doing certain activities? Like abusing Squid or laughing so much?

And yeah, make the conclusion out of it, and the one with more positive points means it is better.

*a sign of terrible execution usually means the episode is boring, or irritating.

I made the stupid mistake of WRITING the explanations and not typing them. :(

similemetaphor

Chocolate Soup
I put them on a paper.

I'm gonna abandon my list because pretty much nil is looking, so instead i'll make a Worst-to-Best episode ranking if that's a good idea.

I'm going to up the ante when it comes to my list, mostly because I am almost completely anxious to finish it and start my Bottom 60, but I don't want two incomplete lists.

Back