In Progress Rating the entire post-movie era

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
This is just going to be a blog-sort of thing where I review seasons 4-9a daily. This isn't going to be my normal review system, and also episodes are going to be reviewed in full episode style. So I'm going to review 2 episodes per post.

Current Season: 4
Episode: Fear of a Krabby Patty
Score: 10/10

I LOVE this episode. Infact, it is my favorite in the entire FRANCHISE. There are lots of great things in this episode, and this episode is pretty much FLAWLESS. This episode is funny, and has a lot of gags that I cried laughing at them. Some great examples are the piano gag, the joke where the fish is just like "okay, sure, I guess", and overall most of the parts including Mr. Krabs are just plain funny. Some people might nitpick this episode for the weird character models, but for me I love them. If anything it kind of reminds me of the SpongeBob movie. Plus, Plankton is actually sort of successful in his plan, and actually tries to do the plan right, instead of "I build robot, I threaten, and I get formula!", It's more of "I actually think of a way to steal the formula, I actually try to execute it, and then I get the formula". The only other time (I think so) we get to see this is in "Plankton!", even if it's sort of based on the same formula, he still tries and executes it well, until the end. Overall, this episode is a really great episode and is my absolute favorite.

Episode: Shell of a Man
Score: 9.5/10

This one is pretty good, if not as good as it's sister episode. It's got a great plot, some decent jokes, and is executed pretty well. I really like the idea of Mr. Krabs going to a navy reunion, I think it's pretty creative. Some jokes I really like are: I really like when Mr. Krabs kicks his shell and it lands on SpongeBob, I also liked when one of Mr. Krabs' navy buddies punches SpongeBob (while he's in the shell) and SpongeBob goes flying in the shell. The only thing I didn't really find sensible is why would Mr. Krabs let SpongeBob impersonate him and go to a REUNION? That was kind of confusing, but it was still fine when we got into the reunion part since Mr. Krabs admits that he's created "a monster". Still out of character though. Overall, this was a pretty great episode.

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
Episode: The Lost Mattress
Score: 9.5/10

This episode both looks and plays out like a pre-movie episode. This is a really good episode, with lots of good jokes, great plot, and some memorable moments, like when SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward surprised Krabs with a new mattress. Although some jokes are not that funny (reason why I removed a half point), we get to see Squidward to something we don't see a lot, actually sort of care about Mr. Krabs. Of course, it's not real care, but he is sucking up to Mr. Krabs a little bit. I think it's pretty interesting that we see that. Overall, pretty good episode. I like it.

Episode: Krabs vs Plankton
Score: 8/10

This episode is pretty good. Some of the jokes are well thought out, and it has an interesting plot. Although, there is a downside. It's just somewhat boring to me. I don't know why, but it feels like I'm watching just to get to the end, not watch it go through. Of course though, I don't necessarily hate the episode for that, but there's just something that's sort of making it boring. But that doesn't mean that it's not funny, it is funny. I laughed when SpongeBob was trying to open Richard's case, only to find out it was his lunch/Krabby Patty. And it is a little creative with the plot anyway. Overall, good episode, but weird random boringness.

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
My first special. Gonna be a blast, since it's gonna be in 2 paragraphs this time.

Episode: Have you seen this Snail?
Score: 10/10

This episode's premise and execution are SPOT ON! This is really a sad and heartbreaking plot, which might not be the best for SpongeBob, for a one time use, it's pretty darn great. The song is the best part about the episode, it truly is a great song, even better than This Grill Is Not a Home. It shows how much SpongeBob really cares for Gary, and that he would do anything to get him back. I also find it pretty entertaining to watch SpongeBob and Patrick trying to find Gary.

The humor is bland in the two other thirds of the special, but the beginning of the episode is REALLY funny. I find Patrick especially funny. Some funny quotes I'd like to mention: "That's strange. I usually knock on the door with this hand!", "IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! OFFICE PRODUCTS FALLING FROM THE SKY!". Those are just some of the quotes. This is a funny episode, but not for too long

EpicMan190585

Imitation Krab
Have you seen this snail is one of those episodes where the episode is just very sad but yet very memorable.

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
Episode: Skill Crane
Score: 9/10

I really like how this episode plays out. Its somewhat funny, with a good plot. It's also kind of realistic of the skill crane, and the prizes. In real life, the plushes you earn don't really scream quality. Yes, I got that from Cosmodore and I agreed with him. The one thing I don't like about this episode kind of has to do with SpongeBob. He never even tries to be kind with Squidward, even after he's tried countless times to get at least one prize. For example: "Two in one quarter? That's not fair!" *puts it back inside the machine*. Of course, Squidward does eventually get a prize, but that doesn't really make up for SpongeBob. But I think the part where Squidward was like "IM A WINNER EVERYBODY" was just really funny. Honestly, this episodes pretty good, with only one flaw. So, overall, this ain't half bad.

Episode: Good Neighbors
Score: 5.5/10

This episode is more of a medium meh to me than a really bad episode. Most people really dunk on this episode, and I can see why. Underserving Squidward torture ::dolphin noise:: and just plain irritating. To be honest, what makes this better than what people believe is that SpongeBob and Patrick (well, not really Patrick), realize their mistake and go back home. This was kind of refreshing to see, because most episodes have SpongeBob have to be literally beaten up to get him away from Squidward. I also thought the part where Squidward's house was destroying Bikini Bottom was pretty chuckle-worthy. The ending is probably the worst part about this episode though, as SpongeBob switches back to annoying mode real quick. Plus, Squidward getting Community Service as a punishment for something he didn't mean to do was pretty infuriating. Overall, a very 'ok' episode in my book.

Back