Nickelodeon Rare Sister Episodes of Holiday Specials

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
There are instances of a Holiday episode only being aired on TV around a holiday. This usually means its sister episode also only airs around the holiday, even though it's unrelated to that holiday (Example: The Paper being paired with Valentine's Day). This results in an otherwise normal episode being rarely aired. It's kind of a strange phenomenon. It seems for most shows, holiday specials are usually double length, so no sister episode is needed. But Spongebob is unusual in that it happens 2-3 times in season 1. I guess this doesn't matter as much lately since cable is dying, and I heard the SB eps are aired more now. But here's all the examples of this I know of. What are some other examples besides these? How do you feel about this happening?

Examples:

Spongebob:
Scaredy Pants / I Was a Teenage Gary:
This one is debatable since Teenage Gary could arguably be considered a Halloween ep.

Valentine’s Day / The Paper: The Paper is an episode that could easily be aired normally, but is a rarely seen episode.

Fools in April / Neptune’s Spatula: At least Neptune's Spatula feels more special. It's quite different from other eps. Maybe they thought it was a good time to try something different since not many people would see the episode?

The Great Snail Race / Mid-Life Crustacean: Not a holiday episode, but Mid-Life Crustacean is now banned. So The Great Snail Race isn't aired as often now. It's only aired individually or in marathon blocks. :squidugh:

Mighty B!:
Eye of the Honeybee/Thanksgiving Beenactment:
The only other show I can think of where this happens is the Mighty B! A similar show to Spongebob.
The situation with this pair is even weirder. Apparently, even during the Thanksgiving season, this episode was rarely aired. So this left Eye of the Honeybee, an otherwise normal ep, to be rarely seen as well. I don't understand why. So this pair's rarity was even worse than the holiday SB episodes. Also, the Thanksgiving episode is actually SECOND in the pair, not first like you would think. Very strange. This didn't happen with the show's Halloween ep, since it was double-length.

Do you know of any other examples? I can't think of anymore, but I know it's unusual. It doesn't have to be Nickelodeon, I had to pick a prefix for this post.

Last edited:

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Spongebob B.C. (or Ugh)

I heard that this one usually airs rarely heck one source said that it aired once every 3 to 4 years!

But this may be or not be true...
Yeah I heard that too. I dont know forsure either, maybe. I know it's being aired a little more in recent years. For some reason, this and Party Pooper Pants were very rare. Lost Episode was too, but I understand why. Other specials weren't that rare.

Yoshi

Giant Clam
Yeah I heard that too. I dont know forsure either, maybe. I know it's being aired a little more in recent years. For some reason, this and Party Pooper Pants were very rare. Lost Episode was too, but I understand why. Other specials weren't that rare.
Yeah, The Sponge Who Could Fly being rarely aired is MEGA-understahdable. Nick airs it as the LOST EPISODE

Back