Quality of episodes season 10+

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
I have only seen up to season 9 plus Whirly Brains. I was wondering if season 10+ is worth my watch.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
From what I have heard, it ranges from about the second half of season 4, to season 5. So if you were OK with those episodes, then you may find enjoyment from this season.

I would recommend it, it is very different from Season 9a, and much more similar to the Season 9b, if you liked Season 9b... I know I did! :laughsquid:
Also, one thing with Season 10 and onward is that is has a bigger focus on secondary characters and brings back Fred, Bubble Bass, and DoodleBob for their own dedicated episodes, which is one of my favorite things about these recent seasons!

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
From what I have heard, it ranges from about the second half of season 4, to season 5. So if you were OK with those episodes, then you may find enjoyment from this season.

Season five has some good episodes: Roller Cowards, The Original Fry Cook, Friend or Foe, SpyBob, etc. It also has To Love a Patty. I'm definitely not a post movie hater. I started watching SpongeBob after the first movie. The first time I watched Help Wanted I thought there was something wrong with my tv because of the animation and I owned seasons 6-8 on dvd before seasons 1-3. At least I hope it's not like season 7, where One Course Meal and A Pal For Gary plus a bunch of bland episodes are. I'll probably watch them, I just wanted others opinions.

IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:
I would recommend it, it is very different from Season 9a, and much more similar to the Season 9b, if you liked Season 9b... I know I did! :laughsquid:
Also, one thing with Season 10 and onward is that is has a bigger focus on secondary characters and brings back Fred, Bubble Bass, and DoodleBob for their own dedicated episodes, which is one of my favorite things about these recent seasons!
I loved Season 9b! Also, secondary characters are one of my favorites. I just hope we don't get another Bubble Buddy Returns. Question: Does The Strangler come back?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
SonofMnemosyne said:
Season five has some good episodes: Roller Cowards, The Original Fry Cook, Friend or Foe, SpyBob, etc. It also has To Love a Patty. I'm definitely not a post movie hater. I started watching SpongeBob after the first movie. The first time I watched Help Wanted I thought there was something wrong with my tv because of the animation and I owned seasons 6-8 on dvd before seasons 1-3. At least I hope it's not like season 7, where One Course Meal and A Pal For Gary plus a bunch of bland episodes are. I'll probably watch them, I just wanted others opinions.
Actually I am too, I started watching right at the beginning of Season 4, I've never personally seen Season 10, but I do speculate based on what I've heard, that you will like a decent amount of the episodes, I think there will be some you dislike, and quite a few neutral experiences, that's just my hypothesis.

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
Actually I am too, I started watching right at the beginning of Season 4, I've never personally seen Season 10, but I do speculate based on what I've heard, that you will like a decent amount of the episodes, I think there will be some you dislike, and quite a few neutral experiences, that's just my hypothesis.

Yeah, that seems about right. Thanks for replying to my topic.

SonofMnemosyne said:
I loved Season 9b! Also, secondary characters are one of my favorites. I just hope we don't get another Bubble Buddy Returns. Question: Does The Strangler come back?
No, he does not. Which is unfortunate, the Strangler is one of my favorite secondary characters! Well, he might come back soon, you never know!

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
No, he does not. Which is unfortunate, the Strangler is one of my favorite secondary characters! Well, he might come back soon, you never know!

I love The Strangler too. Do you believe in the theory that SpongeBob knew his bodyguard was The Strangler? I also would like the hash slinging slasher to reappear, but I don't know how fans would react because it can't really be a scary episode since we know you it was that guy.
I think Season 10 is alright,while season 11 is really good(Except a few episodes)
Thanks! The one episode that I saw, Whirly Brains, was alright. Some aspects were good, some where bad.

hippythehippo

Banished
Quality Season 10 eps

Mimic Madness
Unreal Estate
Mermaid Pants
Feral Friends
The Getaway
Lost and Found
Plankton gets the Boot
Burst Your Bubble
Spongebob's Place
Although its debated, I enjoy Out of the Picture as well

Can't say I can recommend any other Season 10 eps, as the rest is mostly meh.

Season 11 is more interesting. Most eps are so different than most of the series. Lots have mixed reception, but I still think the Season is good. Lots of the good eps range from decent to amazing. Watch them, and form your own opinion, as a good chunk of eps are argued wether they are good or not. The only eps you should avoid are

Pat the Horse
Bunny Hunt
Ink Lemonade

Happy watching :)

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
Quality Season 10 eps
Mimic Madness
Unreal Estate
Mermaid Pants
Feral Friends
The Getaway
Lost and Found
Plankton gets the Boot
Burst Your Bubble
Spongebob's Place
Although its debated, I enjoy Out of the Picture as well
Can't say I can recommend any other Season 10 eps, as the rest is mostly meh.
Season 11 is more interesting. Most eps are so different than most of the series. Lots have mixed reception, but I still think the Season is good. Lots of the good eps range from decent to amazing. Watch them, and form your own opinion, as a good chunk of eps are argued wether they are good or not. The only eps you should avoid are
Pat the Horse
Bunny Hunt
Ink Lemonade
Happy watching :)

Thanks! Does Mermaid Pants have Mermaid Man in it? Also, Pat the Horse sounds extremely dumb, but some dumb ideas have turned into fantastic episodes. Are the ones you say to avoid made from general consensus or your own opinion?

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Thanks! Does Mermaid Pants have Mermaid Man in it? Also, Pat the Horse sounds extremely dumb, but some dumb ideas have turned into fantastic episodes. Are the ones you say to avoid made from general consensus or your own opinion?

Mermaid Man nor Barnacle Boy actually appear in Mermaid Pants. Also the opinions on the 3 episodes are based on general consensus, ESPECIALLY Ink Lemonade.

SploderEnigma

Floating Shopping List
The Getaway is about a character similar to the Strangler. And Pat the Horse and Bunny Hunt didn't seem terrible, but yeah, Ink Lemonade was pretty much universally hated lol.

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
Mermaid Man nor Barnacle Boy actually appear in Mermaid Pants. Also the opinions on the 3 episodes are based on general consensus, ESPECIALLY Ink Lemonade.

Thanks Amphitrite! I didn't want Mermaid Man to appear in Mermaid Pants since the voice actor is deceased :(. It would be rude to recast him, but I also want more Mermaid Man. I'm conflicted. I would be okay if they had Barnacle Boy do most voice acting while they just had Mermaid Man yell Evil! since they already have that recorded from the first voice actor. Can someone remind me his name? Also, thanks for confirming the general consensus.
The Getaway is about a character similar to the Strangler. And Pat the Horse and Bunny Hunt didn't seem terrible, but yeah, Ink Lemonade was pretty much universally hated lol.
Thanks for your opinion too. I just saw it. I usually don't listen to general listen and form my own opinions.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Thanks Amphitrite! I didn't want Mermaid Man to appear in Mermaid Pants since the voice actor is deceased :(. It would be rude to recast him, but I also want more Mermaid Man. I'm conflicted. I would be okay if they had Barnacle Boy do most voice acting while they just had Mermaid Man yell Evil! since they already have that recorded from the first voice actor. Can someone remind me his name? Also, thanks for confirming the general consensus.

Well, they still appear, but with silent cameos now.

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
Update: I was browsing Nick's website and saw they had two episodes for free from season 11 or 10: Doodle Dimension and Moving Bubble Bass. I watched Doodle Dimension, but I had to leave before I could watch all of Moving Bubble Bass.

-using old characters

-the humor is pretty great

-the new facial features

Dislikes:

-SpongeBob's new lighter color

-the loose animation feels too sloppy for me, but I'll probably get used to it

-both episodes used the loose animation to make visual jokes about butts: Patrick's and Bubble Bass's.

Back