Post-movie episodes and pre-show episodes

Would you like to have episodes that happen after the movie and or before the show?

• Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snuckk

Baby Clam
I've always wished for episodes that play after the movie since it came out which was one of the reasons season 4 disappointed me a little bit. I don't know if the showrunners of SpongeBob have anything in mind to create episodes which play post-movie or pre-show but I would really like to know your opinions about this.

There are a lot of things they could do with the show with having these two options. They might also show SpongeBob getting his drivers license forever, having him doing his manager job at the Krusty Krab 2, show how he first met Squidward or show SpongeBob in school.

So... what do you think?

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
Well, the movie is the confirmed finale no matter what, so don't expect episodes that would take place after that. Plus, when and where would they fit it in? The show has quite a bit of negative continuity but episodes like that this late won't work anywhere. I mean, flashback episodes would be fine, like Pull Up A Barrel, but episodes taking place after the first movie are confirmed to never happen.

Snuckk

Baby Clam
Noah Spongy said:
Well, the movie is the confirmed finale no matter what, so don't expect episodes that would take place after that. Plus, when and where would they fit it in? The show has quite a bit of negative continuity but episodes like that this late won't work anywhere. I mean, flashback episodes would be fine, like Pull Up A Barrel, but episodes taking place after the first movie are confirmed to never happen.
The same question could be asked about all the episodes that followed after the first movie. The continuity isn't existing, there's no lore, it's just all mixed together. They could just try to use it as a new concept to perhaps make the show more appealing (personally for me), to make the movie a little bit more worthfully or give the characters more depth (not really necessary for a kids show, but their target is rather reaching all ages so why not? It would not damage the show)

2000sKid

Giant Clam
Not after the movie, but before the show. SB's childhood would make for a good 1 hour special

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
The same question could be asked about all the episodes that followed after the first movie. The continuity isn't existing, there's no lore, it's just all mixed together. They could just try to use it as a new concept to perhaps make the show more appealing (personally for me), to make the movie a little bit more worthfully or give the characters more depth (not really necessary for a kids show, but their target is rather reaching all ages so why not? It would not damage the show)
It's supposed to be a satisfying conclusion. This is a freaking comedy-based cartoon that should NEVER have continuity. You should go to a different show for lore or "giving characters more depth"
Sorry for being harsh, but this is something the SpongeBob crew doesn't want to make, they've already stated this.

Snuckk

Baby Clam
Noah Spongy said:
It's supposed to be a satisfying conclusion. This is a freaking comedy-based cartoon that should NEVER have continuity. You should go to a different show for lore or "giving characters more depth"
Sorry for being harsh, but this is something the SpongeBob crew doesn't want to make, they've already stated this.
It's not lore that I wanted, I just wanted to have episodes that play after the movie or before the show. They can always switch just back into the show again because a "real" lore doesn't exist. But well if they stated that they don't want to that, fine. I would still like to know your opinions about it. :)

Back